• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall vs Ritalin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ritalin feels different for me than people say it does (I'm on an SSRI though, and I heard ritalin/concerta interact far more strongly with ssris than amphetamines do, which barely interact at all, if at all), I liked it, but then again, I felt like shit the next day, far more so than with Adderall.

So yeah, Adderall.

I had a very harsh come down off adderall, but that was probably cuz i took 100mg for my first try at it... and had also smoked some ice beforehand... I have also done ritalin and didnt like it very much. Would definently recommend adderall opposed to ritalin... I'm definently gonna need more adderall before school starts on monday. I feel alot more social on adderall and ill need that monday. First day of high school... damn this sucks... Luckily adderall will assist me :)

i was interested in gettin sum adderall for work, to kinda pick me up, make me more focused and confident. im in the hospitality industry and every on those nights that im dealing with stuff and i have no energy or confidence i feel i need somethin.
Reckon Adderall would do the trick?

Well the only times that ive done ritalin was when i have been smokin bud. If i had done it by itself i may have been able to tell the effects more clearly, but i have been stoned everytime ive done ritalin. Ill get more and try it.

I was just wondering what a good dose of adderall is. If ministering by snorting. 20mg gel tabs...

Chronic_citizen said:
im assuming both adderall and Ritalin are prescription? this may prove difficult since i dont have add.

prescription & schedule II drugs!

i got a script for methlyphenidate and i have to wait til tomorrow to get the pills the pharmacist said he needed to "authorize" it or something, probably because its in the highest schedule of drugs that are legal to prescribe.

For work or studying, I'd recommend Adderall. Ritalin is too short acting and you'll be stopping to do a line every 15-20 min. Methylphen and amphetamines work on the brain in different ways. One releases all the dopamine, and the other inhibits the re-uptake of dopamine. (At least, I think that's how it works. If I'm mistaken, by all means feel free to correct me.)

really you need to re-dose on ritalin that often? it has a much shorter half life than amps?

yeah damn your right, just checked, methylphenidate has a halflife of 2-4 hours and amphetamine is 11-13!

Fuck Adderal, forget about ritalin, and find yourself some Dexedrine. You won't be sad or sorry just completely in love. :D

How much adderall do you need to take to feel euphoria ? Today I took two 37.5 mg of diet pills and two 5mg tabs of adderall. Is this alot? I feel like i am smoking much more and I cant eat . It feels like a come down off coke.

^^ 10mg of Adderall isn't anything, though I'm not sure how the diet pills would affect the Adderall.

Although 10 mg of Adderall isn't a high dose at all, the fact that it's combined with 75 mg of phentermine means that cardiac risks are increased. I'd say it's better to keep the two separate.

RorerQuaalude714 said:
Although 10 mg of Adderall isn't a high dose at all, the fact that it's combined with 75 mg of phentermine means that cardiac risks are increased. I'd say it's better to keep the two separate.

Thanks, I will do that.

Ntropy said:
^^ 10mg of Adderall isn't anything, though I'm not sure how the diet pills would affect the Adderall.

10mg would probably be sufficient for a newbie, it's not really a high, but you can definetely tell it's there.

I find Adderall to be more speedy and gives more energy, but that Ritalin/Focalin is more euphoric, still gets the job does speed-wise but not as strong as Adderall.

And if you give relatively low doses (like lower than 40 mg of adderall) of amps its due respect by not taking huge doses of them, the crash isn't bad. It's not so much a crash for me as just jaw-clenching and dehydration.

amphetamine's (dexedrine, adderall) get me into a very confident, talkative and pushy frame of being as methylphenidate (concerta, ritali focalin, metadate) makes me paranoid, anxious angry and ocd...i like addy much moreeeey

Well I would prefer a line of good Meth over Ritalin or Adderall.
I'm gonna side with Adderall though. If you take them orally, this might not matter but the drip from Adderall is sweet kinda like sugar. Ritalin burns like fuck and the drip is like nasty sweaty ass.

Only beef I have with Adderall is the Time release beads. Not too hard to crush I guess though if you put them in a shotglass and use a screwdriver end to crush them.

I really like the 40mg Adderall though, they are pink tabs and are way easier to crush than the beads. Takes probably around 20mg and up to really hit me though.

Overall, i'd take the Adderall.

Well to me, Adderall and Ritalin are complete opposites. Adderall really stimulates me and gets me to be an outgoing person. Also I generally have anxiety with occasional panic attacks and adderall barely magnifies that in me.

On the other hand, with Ritalin (I actually used concerta but its basically the same) I feel very dull, less social and at higher amounts (around 100 mg worth of concerta, chewed or swallowed normally, it didn't matter) I would get very anxious and get serious fucking panic attacks, raising my heart rate up to 1 fucking 70 and my blood pressure going out the roof but I would also feel extremely euphoric, similar to cocaine (methylphenidate and cocaine are extremely similar in how they work on the brain).

BTW, I am diagnosed with ADD.

Status
Not open for further replies.