• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall vs Ritalin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I really like chopping up a bunch of Ritalin pills & snorting them. I've heard many people compare the effects of snorting Ritalin to "Cocaine-lite", which I think is a pretty good comparison.
Most people without question like Adderall more, but if you're just using ADHD pills every once in a while at parties & stuff Ritalin should definitely be a sufficient replacement for Adderall for you.

Ritalin is Adderall's little straight edge bother, trying to be Cocaine, but he can't.

Ritalin: "I like to make people tweak with little euphoria."
Adderall: "Ritalin, you are a little bitch!"
Cocaine: "Fuck all of y'all, I'm dancing!"
Ritalin: "Screw you Cocaine, I bet you my comedown is worse than you in freebase form!"
Adderall: "I'm the most euphoric in the pack, bitches!"

No applause necessary, all shows are free.

I've never done crack but surely the comedown from Ritalin can't be as bad?

i totally agree with some posters. leave these medications for people who actually have ADD/ADHD. all the abusers are doing is making it harder for people like myself to get adequate help for school, work, and life.

You should first try to convince drunk drivers not to drive, paedophiles not to abuse children, subscribers to religion to recant, children to "just grow up", etc.

Once you have succeeded in all of the above, please then return to rant against substance abuse.

Because whilst you're attempting to change the nature of humanity armed only with your 'opinion' [hey, good luck with that!]...it is an individual's inalienable right to do whatever the f he or she wishes to do, so long as exercising their individual liberty does not negatively impact upon others.

The fact that you think substance 'abuse' and denial of medical assistance to the needy are justifiably correlated, only proves that you are an imbecile. If the government introduced blanket Prohibition on automobiles tomorrow because some people cannot drive responsibly - that would be a more valid argument than the one used to Prohibit or restrict access to medication.

I'm quite sure you're not bright enough to work out why banning automobiles would be a more 'valid' Prohibition, but I'll let you see if you can solve that 'puzzle'.

on a slightly unrelated topic
if i was on a script for ritalin/dexedrine

would it be hardwork getting a script for benzo's?
valium or xanax preferably..

(bearing in mind i hail from Australia...)

Diazepam is fairly easy to acquire in Australia. Alprazolam is much trickier. I'm sure whomever is giving you your Rit/Dex scripts will get / give you a Valium script. But to get Xanax, you're going to need to find either:
a) an incompetent psychiatrist
b) an immoral psychiatrist
c) an empathetic psychiatrist

c) is easiest - obviously. Convince them you are dependant on Alprazolam [my friend explained he'd been living in Philippines for a year and his docs had been casually writing him Xanax scripts as if they were multivitamins and he'd just arrived home and was starting to freak the f out] and I think they're obligated to give you a script as you can die from benzo withdrawal.

The bit about dying from benzo withdrawals is one reason why you shouldn't really be flippant about benzos in general. But Xanax in particular is shit my friend rarely fucks with [after taking them every day for a couple of years, during which time he was probably the leading unpaid / unauthorised marketing salesman for Sun Pharmaceuticals]. He said it's simply too good to screw around with or waste [in the sense you build up resistance incredibly fast].

He was shipping his mates parcels of benzo joy for years from o/s - but Customs have completely cracked down on it. His last dozen or so shipments were delivered. Opened. And emptied.

I've never done crack but surely the comedown from Ritalin can't be as bad?

Discussing comedown intensity is akin to arguing the length of a piece of hypothetical string. A friend of mine hasn't had a comedown in 4-5 years after suffering the worst comedowns probably possible [that don't result in the obvious].

----------

Back on topic, I have pretty bad ADHD and whilst Desoxyn is basically god for treating it, Strattera [non-stimulant] definitely helps. Stimulants [caffeine even] make me jittery. I've tried Ritalin and Concerta and hated them both. Haven't yet tried Adderall but am assured that it's somehow superior [even though it's also a stimulant, obviously].

I say this because I searched for this thread and decided to register for Bluelight after boredom overpowered my reservations to snorting the unused Ritalin my doc insists on prescribing me.

I'm 40 min and 2 x 10mg Ritalin in... I have a mild headache. I don't really feel any clarity - at least, not compared to Desoxyn [<3]. I feel very close to zero euphoria whatsoever. I note that I am rambling, however...so I guess it's 'working'.

But doing lines of Ritalin seems like a pretty colossal Fail from where I'm sitting.

I've done ritalin and adderall both in the past to get some work done. Ritalin was terrible for my needs, I ended up smoking a blunt, playing COD and surfing the internet in the span of time I wanted to get work done in. Whenever I took adderall or vyvanse I got my work done. Adderall made me feel like shit, though. Vyvanse was great. Got my work done and didn't feel like shit. Only felt bad when I wanted to eat but wasn't hungry (I love eating lol).

I've had plenty of IR Ritalin and straight IR D-amphetamine (don't get Adderall in Australia) all through various ROA.

I find Ritalin to make me feel too jittery and often anxious while D-amp provides smooth mental effects.

Dexamphetamine is much better therapeutically and recreationally IMO.

My friend prefer Ritalin LA since his doctor prescribed it to him. He used Dexedrine and Adderall before when he wanted to work or whatever, but he likes it better since he doesn't get headaches and still feels hungry. I believe its the effect of having a low dosage, who knows though?

Ritalin is methylphenidare, a backbone to amphetamines, which include methylamphetamine, dextroamphetamine, and (d)(l)amphetamine. Adderall is (d)(l)ampehtamine, a psychostimulant that is superior to methylphenidate. IMO, Adderall is my fa

Could not be said better. Thanks for the share.

-BlackAdderall
My skin is just painted white!!!!!

I haven't had Adderall, the preparation, but I have had racemic amphetamine (levo- and dextroamphetamine, same shit as Adderall) and that shit is better than Ritalin by a country mile. Overall I prefer Dexedrine, pure dexamp, and even then I still think speed is a pretty boring drug for most things and will very rarely do it.

Ritalin is methylphenidare, a backbone to amphetamines, which include methylamphetamine, dextroamphetamine, and (d)(l)amphetamine. Adderall is (d)(l)ampehtamine, a psychostimulant that is superior to methylphenidate. IMO, Adderall is my fa

Wait, who is that...is that me? Little did I know I'd wind up in jail...

I snorted 40mg of methylphenidate (Ritalin) last night and found it to give me clarity in thought, a noticable euphoria and a surplus of energy. I would say it was similar to snorting one of the Adderall XR 30mg, though I much prefer Adderall as the high seems a little more euphoric and "focused". What I mean by focused is, I found that while on Ritalin I was attentive to people's voices when they talked but I would just stare off into space or look all over the place. On Adderall (or cocaine) I find that I will make direct eye contact when I talk to people.

Like everyone else has said, If you get your hands on some methylphenidate, try it out. You won't be dissappointed...as long as you're not expecting it to be exactly like Adderall.

Actually ritalin is nearly chemically on the molecular similar to cocaine. Give me a few minutes to post some links to the facts. I can't let this falsehood of a post sit here on a site like this for any longer....

EDIT -
http://www.biopsychiatry.com/methcomp.htm
http://www.biopsychiatry.com/methcoke.htm
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/726392
http://www.cocaine.org/misc/methylphenidate.html
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=61853
http://newideas.net/adhd/study-comparing-methylphenidate-ritalin-cocaine-brain

My point being is that you guys are compairing apples to oranges. Kd-out knows A LOT, but he's wrong about MP being the backbone of the amp family. It's not an amp at all. It's not even an "amine" chemical.

Last edited:
Adderall is better for most situations. It takes a little while to develop a taste for these things though. When I first started experimenting with prescription stimulants it seemed like anything would get me totally jacked be it adderall, concerta, or straight ritalin. Pretty soon though I wouldn't touch ritalin with a ten foot pole, and now I don't even like taking regular adderall because I discovered a good hook for dexedrine pills.

Ritalin goes up the nose a hell of a lot better than adderall does. Some have likened it to coke, but I feel that is an exaggeration. With a couple brews though hanging out with friends and shit like that, a little bit of ritalin can definitely enhance your buzz

imo, it really depends on what your looking for. if you want a more-clean like mental state, with euphoria, i would go with ritalin. If your looking to stay up all night to study for an exam or write a paper, i would go with adderall. from my experience, i always smoekd a lot of weed or took benzos for the comedown

Where i live Adderal is not available but dexedrine is. I'm prescribed 72mg Concerta and 20mg Ritalin every day.

I would do almost anything to get on Dexedrine/Adderal.

I don't think methylphenidate is that great (unless IVed).

Ritalin has twice triggered a heart arrythmia when I took alot.

Amphetamines or Methamphetamines have NEVER caused me a health problem.

There is something strange about the Ritalin chemical structure - I do not take any of these medicines for years but Adderall is FAR superior to Ritalin.

YMMV

im prescribed 72mg of concerta too, and it has little to no recreational vaule (i have broken the pill and done all that shit to), but it doesnt compare to snorting the IR's

first time user

im about to try ritalin for the first time im a bodybuilder 125kg used coke for years its a bit dry at the moment so was gonna try snorting ritalin how should i snort at once and how much in total all night:eek:

first time user

im a 127kg body builder used coke for years was gonna use ritalin how much do i snort at once and how much over the night ??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.