• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall vs Ritalin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this to, I'm perscribed 60x 10mg ritalin pills. I normally snort them. I really notice a light eurphoia. I really dont reccommend you doing this alot. I've noticed that I like eurphoias a little to much, and with most drugs I abuse the hell out of. I found out Ritalin has a ceiling effect, which sucked because I was snorting 100mg's and getting the same effect as if I were doing 20mgs, and so on. I've been on them all, I'm in school right now and I found that ritalin is much better for wanting to stay focused and learn, while adderal helped for staying up and makeing it easyer to study notes. I've tried them both ways. Adderal makes me feel really nervous and jumpy. and I have a hard time wanting to eat, while methylphendate helps with my hunger and I can eat on and on. IMO I think Ritalin/concerta is better for school/work.

I just wanted to add "Straterra" or how ever you spell DOES help with ADD, funny its not a stimmy like adderal/ritalin. and if you take to much it makes you feel sick, with my addiction its the only drug i've taked for ADD that I diddnt abuse. funny shit

ritalin is okay when you cant get adderal... but marijuana is the greatest gift god gave to us...

Wow, this is an old thread. I was posting under my original, forgotten password/e-mail, screen name.

I hate Methylphenidate but if you enjoy stimulants and can't obtain Adderall or Dexedrine (another D-amphetamine drug without the mixed salts) than go ahead and give it a try, can't hurt. Orally, Adderall lasts roughly 4-6 hours and 8-12 hours extended release. Ritalin is very short acting when taken orally; 3.5 hours at maximum. Ritalin does produce a more potent rush when snorted in my opinion but lasts only 20 minutes or so and has a really awful crash. I find Adderall more useful when taken orally at high doses than snorted.

I am willing to bet all that I have that most of the people commenting on snorting Ritalin are drug reps for Adderall spreading skewed propaganda. It's a huge pharmaceutical business and highly competitive! Amphetamine is addictive - I believe much more so than Ritalin (methylphenidate).

First, a google search for "Ritalin vs. Adderall" has this forum in the top three hits. Second, a similar search on Adderall does not produce any information on snorting it. Although try snorting Ritalin! It would burn and the result would be rather lame, it's too hard of a pill to snort in terms of its properties. Adderall, I would expect, would produce a much greater high through quick absorption simply because amphetamines produce great euphoria at high or rapid doses! That's why most doctors, the ones who don't get reimbursed by drug reps (the select few), worry foremost about Adderall's abuse potential more than Ritalin. They are worried that people will snort Adderall, not Ritalin. This is all other things being equal, if both Ritalin and Adderall are in pill (3-4 hour) form and not extended release.

Don't believe everything we read online!

:\

Last edited:
snorting ritalin produce in me a more mellow high with a really nice rush, i prefer it to amphetamines big time. it feels so mellow and happy while amphetamines feel excited and aggressive to me. i have been addicted to speed and ritalin at times and i love ritalin but speed is just boring and too harsh on the mind and body (speed causes the most psychosis for me). i find the ritalin is over when i want to sleep while speed goes on...

wow...super old thread....and I just wanna know,why do people think they get a rush when snorting drugs???You only get a rush when you IV drugs(which should never be done with Ritalin)Because by my standards a rush is when you IV drugs,and get a flash of the full effects within 30 seconds,not when you snort a drug,waiting 5 minutes for it to kick in,then a gradual 10 minute come up...yeah what a rush....

Ritalin is shitty fuck that I will take adderall but I prefer dexedrine or vynase.

It seems like nearly everyone is searching for a different high yet settling for Adderall or Ritalin. I have an idea, why don't you just buy coke or whatever it is your seeking and leave the Adderall or Ritalin for people who actually suffer from ADD? It's pretty lame to hear your sorry attempts to get euphoric, etc. from these prescription drugs vs. buying the drug/high you really want. When these drugs are prescribed to the patients who actual suffer ADD, they don't produce a euphoric speed like effect; rather the ability to focus, prioritize, and organize our lives in a normal way.

Actually in most people they would produce some euphoria if not used constantly. I def am prescribed vyvanse correctly and it does give me a boost to mood even after about a year

I was on Ritalin for years (diagnosed ADHD as a kid - parents refused to medicate me, ex-wife was taking her masters in psych and finally got me on meds - really calmed me down at first) then Dexadrine. I became badly addicted to the Ritalin. Dexadrine was a lot better, much smoother and greatly helped my ability to focus.

I was told that Ritalin works more on the brain and cognitive functions and Dex more on the whole CNS (this by a psychopharmacologist). What really got me about the Ritalin was how strong the cravings were when I quit - that and the paranoia when I had been on it for a few days. Not fun stuff at all!

Ive been using adderall a few times (i dont have ADHD or anything, just to have fun without alcohol at private parties). I realy liked the social effects the drug gave me, will I feel basicly the same thing if I use Ritalin? Cos i cant find any adderall, only a bunch of people selling ritalin.

Some say adderall is more menthal, while ritalin is more like ephedra. Any thoughts?

More speed to the children !!!! (so people like me can buy it)

i have never tried ritalin, but some like it..now it only blocks the reuptake of dopamine. unlike adderall which not only blocks the reuptake or norepinephrine, dopamine and very small serotonin, releases more of these neurotransmitters from the presynaptic neuron
acts like MAOI'S by inhibiting the activity of monoamine oxidase, thus preventing the breakdown of monoamine neurotransmitters and thereby increasing their availability

so you would get a better high or buzz from adderall.
now...if you can get some dexedrine, that is way better..Dextroamphetamine is the dextrorotary or "Right-handed" stereoisomer of the amphetamine molecule. while adderall is a combination of dextroamphetamine and racemic DL-amphetamine salts.

and dextroamphetamine affects dopamine a LOT more

i totally agree with some posters. leave these medications for people who actually have ADD/ADHD. all the abusers are doing is making it harder for people like myself to get adequate help for school, work, and life.

Adderall is far superior to Ritalin, in my opinion. Adderall is a cocktail of amphetamine salts, including the glorious dextroamphetamine, whereas Ritalin is just simple methylphenidate. If you were comparing Adderall to Focalin (dexmethylphenidate), I would have a different answer - Focalin is much more euphoric (though bears a less powerful "punch" and comes with a worse crash...). But straight Ritalin (and it's XR cousin Concerta) simply do not compare to Adderall. The latter is my choice, hands down.

Ritalin is the best i got three more days man, then i get an entire script of ritalin 30s i cant wait for those to be up my nose lawl

adderall is speed and snorting 20 mg of methylphenidate (ritalin) creates a longer, stronger high than cocaine with a much more pronounced comedown if ur gonna take the ritalin dont snort it or the comedowns hell

^^ I wouldn't say that ritalin has a stronger or even similar high than cocaine. Cocaine involves large amounts of euphoria and is actually very enjoyable. Amphetamine also when used properly can be very enjoyable. Ritalin on the other hand (I have a lot of experience with ritalin, adderall, and cocaine) produces a mediocre high at best and I find it hard to enjoy it. I've found that if I eat 10mgs of ritalin I'll feel a positive mood lift but anything over that is just a racing heart rate, sweat, and dysphoria.

ritalin vs. white

well im new to the ritalin scene...ok not new, I did take it as a kid for ADD. However it seems as Ive morphed into an adult (and not been taking it for at least 12 years) it has a different effect. I got into white (coke) as a once or twice a month thing recently..and kept it once or twice a month (im a muscian, so about as often as i jam with my buddies is about as often as i do it)..my kid takes ritalin (oh yes same problems as mom) and i hadnt bothered to mess with it (or even thought of it) until i was doing white one night and was out..(oh no!) So i reluctantly crushed some of the ritalin (about 10 mgs i think) and wow, a total difference from white, much much clearer, without the muscle aches and paranoia and such. More of a mental internal type of high, but overall better than white. Wouldnt do it before work or anything or anymore than here and there, but deff fun stuff) Its good if you want to actually be able to think and get some ideas out. I did read that you will be up 12-15hrs with it, but i beg to differ, can sleep a couple few hours after, specially with some drinks and green. Enjoy!

Hey All... Here's a site you can all learn from....Got loads of info bout the drug world and it's effects. Check it out. www.na.org Pre-knowledge goes along way...Enjoy

R U F'n serious

first of all..... i am a mum and trust me neither of these are a fucking joke... if any of you really care about yours or you childs health, don't do either... losers are the worst judge of caracter... GET IT STRAIGHT... if any one really needs these types of drugs to live their life... have a fucking good look at yourself, really as i said... LOSERS TAKE DRUGS FROM CHILDREN THAT REALLY NEED THEM .. just to get a buzz 4 the night and the worst thing is that people you are getting them from are trying to get a quick buck at their childs expense... LOSERS, LOSERS, LOSERS Can i stress it any more... if anyone would like to take me up on this... be my fucking guest you loser!!!!!

Ive been using adderall a few times (i dont have ADHD or anything, just to have fun without alcohol at private parties). I realy liked the social effects the drug gave me, will I feel basicly the same thing if I use Ritalin? Cos i cant find any adderall, only a bunch of people selling ritalin.

Some say adderall is more menthal, while ritalin is more like ephedra. Any thoughts?

More speed to the children !!!! (so people like me can buy it)

Status
Not open for further replies.