I wanna make my own GHB!

McBeaver

Bluelighter
I know how dangerous GHB is, being that at least 10 kids goto the hospital every weekend from it. I cant get my hands on it here, so I would like to make my own. Safety is of course my top priority, so can someone direct me to a site that they have personally used to make GHB. I want to know everything from ordering the chemicals, what equipment I need, and dosing. I dont wanna die, so help me out
smile.gif
Thanks.

This thread was posted some time ago. I would suggest using the search engine. Or check Erowids that is where I (if I were to try and make G
smile.gif
) would get my information. I believe one synthesis is listed that allows the making of powder GHB for accurate dosage

I'm a smart guy (and obviously modest
smile.gif
), but I'm no chemist by far. I want a synthesis that a regular person with common sense can figure out. If anyone has made their own, post here and tell me about it!

ok here is the deal no chemistry is needed. here is the synthesis.
Use the synth below. You will get powder GHB. This way you can calculate your dosage fairly easily. Start at 1 g and up the dose to 2, followed by 3, then 4. You won't need any more than this. Stop and wait at 2 and see how good that hits you, then go to 3, wait etc. You can find your own "good" dose this way.
The synth: If you follow this synthesis exactly as I have described, you willalways make pure NaGHB that is every bit as pure as the pharmaceuticalstuff that can be bought in sane countries.
You will need: Clean dry beakers and graduated cylinders, a set of chemical scales,narrow range pH strips for 5.5-8.0, a hot plate, and (if you intendto make powder) two sealed tupperware containers, a blender and a pyrexbaking dish.
1) Accurately measure out gamma-butyrolactone (GBL) in the volume of milliliters (mls) you want to react. Example: You want to react 200 mls of GBL. 2) Multiply this number by the average density of GBL (1.124 gms/ml). Example: (200 mls GBL) * (1.124 gms/ml) = 224.8 gms GBL
3) Divide this number by the average molecular weight of GBL (86.06gms/mol). Example: (224.8 gms GBL) / (86.06 gms/mol) = 2.612 mols of GBL
4) Multiply this number by the average molecular weight of NaOH (40.0gms/mol) Example: (2.612 mols) * (40.0) = 104.5 gms NaOH
5) Weigh out this much NaOH using a set of chemical scales.
6) Heat the GBL + 5% distilled water (by volume) to 100 degrees C Example: 200 mls GBL + 20 mls distilled water heated to 100C 7) Completely dissolve the NaOH in distilled water at the rate of about40 grams per 100 mls of water. Example: (104.5 gms NaOH) / (40) = 2.6125 * 100 mlw H2O = 260 mls water
8) *SLOWLY* drip (DO NOT POUR) 90% of the NaOH into the heated GBLand make sure that the reaction is occurring (the solution will beginboiling vigorously). If the reaction is not occuring, then you eitherhave not heated the GBL to 100C or you have defective reactants (throwthem out and get fresh stuff). Once the solution begins boiling, youcan turn the heat off - the reaction will make its own heat.
9) Begin measuring the pH of the reaction solution with narrow range pHpaper (5.0 - 8.0 paper). When the range begins to get to 7.5 to 8.0,stop dripping the NaOH solution. This mixture will still have unreactedlactone in it - so now it is time to do some steam distillation. Steam Distillation (The purification step)
10) Put a thermometer in the solution capable of measuring 200C andcrank the heat up on the solution. You may want to add a boiling stonemade from a clean piece of pea gravel to the solution (don't use aboiling stick because you will burn it up, and don't use a chemicalboiling stone because they contain metals that are not supposed to gointo humans).
11) When the solution gets up to 150-155C, cut the heat back enough tohold the temperature steady at 150-155C. Hold it at that temperatureuntil all bubbling stops. The beaker now contains melted NaGHB.
12a) To make a liquid, add enough boiling water to make the dilutionyou want. Example: You want 1 gram NaGHB per 5 ml of solution. 200 mls of GBLwill make 329 grams NaGHB. 329 * 5 ml = 1645 mls of solution. Soadd enough boiling water to bring the entire solution up to 1650 mls.
12b) To make powder, pour out thin strips of the NaGHB melt into thepyrex casserole dish. Return the melt to the low heat to keep itmelted. Let the strips cool - they will begin to curl up if the stripsare about 1/2" to 1" in width. Scrape them up with a metal spatula andput them into a sealed tupperware container. Pour out more strips andrepeat the procedure until you have used up all of the melt.
13) Let the strips in the tupperware container cool down and shake themaround a bit (while holding the lid tighly on). This will break up thestrips.
14) Put the broken up NaGHB pieces into a blender (no more than 1/3 full)at high speed. You may have to shake the blender around a bit to makesure everything is ground into powder. Pour the powder into a sealedtupperware container.
15) You are done. Enjoy, and please don't do G and drive.
btw this was availible through erowids if you did some searching.

Wow, very informative. Thanks a lot! Have you done this synthsis yourself?

Chem Man has inquired that he knows this synthesis works well. I have yet to try it, if I "were" to try it. I "would" be performing it come mid-December. After science alliance mails me my stuff, and I get the equiptment.

i prefer the liquid, since the powder does sell very well yet:
You will need :1. 135 grams (120 ml)of gamma butyrolactone
2. 63 grams of Sodium Hydroxide or91 grams of Potassium Hydroxide
3. Papers to test PH
1. Place the content of the gamma butyrolactone bottle in a stainless steel
or pyrex glass saucepan. Do not use aluminum cookware to make GHB.
2. Place the content of the NaOH or KOH bottle in the same saucepan.
3. Put SLOWLY around a half cup of warm distilled water in it. Put a cover
(fast! the reaction may be immediate) on it but not tight.
4. Wait a little it will start reacting on itself. If it doesn't (after 2-3
minutes), heat it a LITTLE (once it reacts remove it from the stove).
4.5 If there is some NaOH not dissolved, stir it up till it is.
5. (This step is optional, some like it like that and others prefer to heat
the solution a little.) After it's finished. Start heating it slowly. You
will see it starting boiling. Don't overheat! It can burn. Do it for one
hour. Don't forget to add water if you make it boil for a long time.
5.5. Between step 4 and 6 you might see a white compound on the side of the
saucepan (it doesn't happen everytime). Don't throw it away, it's GHB. When
you will add water it will dissolve.
6. When you are finished, put it in a measuring cup (Pyrex) and fill it with
water (when I'm in a hurry to taste it I use ice) to 1000ml (a little more
than 4 cups). That way you'll have around 1 grams per teaspoon.
7. Measure the PH. If it's higher than 7 add vinegar to lower it to 7. It
can take 50 - 75 ml of vinegar.
9. To store it I use a mason glass jar with a plastic cover.

The synthesis I posted also has a way to make the liquid. however, as Chem Man advised me, make the powder and then dissolve it into water to make accurate dosages. If the people you hook up like G, I'm sure they will have no problem with the powder. It'll get big soon enough and save the ER quite a few OG's

yes if the powder would catch on it would be alot better for everyone for OD'ing... there is *tons* of G-whores in my town and they just don't trust powder *shrug* (us gay people are strange like that)... this is just the synth i *would* use regularly and *would be* easiest for me if i *would* sell. if anyone has any questions feel free to email me or if you happen to make a common mistake and end up with salt water.
BTW - if i remember right, "Chem Man" i don't know if it is the same one, used to be at the HIVE BB in the crystal meth forum about a year back, but haven't seen him there either recently.

What are the laws involved with buying these chemicals and making GHB? Like with shrooms, you can buy and possess the spores, but once they grow into shrooms, its illegal.
P.S. I wasn't planning on hooking anyone up, I was just wondering. If I ever did make it, its would be to satisfy my own curiousity.

the precursors GBL and NaOH are totally legal in the US, in most states GBL, by themselves... make GHB it's a schedule 1.

Welp, as far as the shrooms go. They are legal to posses here in Florida. If you get caught picking they only strap you with a harsh trespassing. It is illegal to extract the psyilocybin from them however. As for the ingredients, they are not illegal. The NaOH is easily availible. I have heard that Red Devily Lye that is found in grocery stores can be used. However, I "might have" opted for the lab grade. The GBL on the other hand is a different story. It is most likely the watched substance. If I "ordered" it I had to click on some acceptance policies saying that I would not consume it, would not use it to make dietary supplements, would not use it to make illegal substances (GHB), and would not sell it without expressing the above rules to who I sold it to.
It was kinda sketchy, but I if I where to be "receiving" the ingredients I should get them in a few days.
I just ordered them for research purposes of course!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Narcosis (edited 29 November 1999).]

In the synthesis method described above, is NaOH in a liquid form or powder form (before the reaction)? Before reaction, I believe GBL should in a liquid form (mls) and NaOH in powder (gms). Is this not correct?
I just worry about how dangerous NaOH is in a form of liquid...

hey all,
what about just using the chems that tell your body to create GHB-like 1,4 butanediol (the active chem in "zen") irs possible to buy 1,4 butandiol in the drum load 99% pure.
Is it possible to just add colour flavour and water to it, to dilute it to the right mix?
Then not only would you avoid buying GBL etc but you wouldnt need to synth----no-one at the hive seems to be able to answer this?
im thinking if they ban GHB, and GBL is scheduled that 1,4 but would be the next best thing-considering the effects are the same.
any info anyone?
thanks
n

McBeaver,
I have that synthesis too. What turned me off of that 1 is the ending dosage information. They say that the synthesis is suppose to create 1 gm per tsp. however they then say that 5 tsp is needed for a 160 lb person. I was thinking of using that synthesis for a while, but then was convinced to try the method I have posted. It walks you through the steps, and is pretty easy. Whatever, synthesis you try however keep me posted. I will post after I try to make it too. Which hopefully will be in a couple of weeks. The thing that also makes me partial to the powder besides accurate dosage is the taste factor. From what I hear GHB liquid taste likes ass. Anyhow, let me know what you think.

I will hopefully be trying in the next week or 2, so I'll keep you updated. In what states can I pick up GBL...I don't want to order it off the internet...but I don't really know what kind of store would sell it. I live in NY, but am close to Mass, Vermont, Ct, etc. Did you order over the net, is that safe?

McBeaver, you can order the 475 ml GBL (aka Lactone) from Miracle Cleaners (see GHB section at the Lycaeum site). I'm getting my order this week. It's relatively cheap, $40.
I live in NYC, too. =).
Narcosis, thanks for the info. NaOH should be diluted in distilled H2O before the combined solution becomes reacted with GBL (also diluted with small quantity of H2O), as I understand it? Your posted synth method is better I think, compared to the home kitchen method you mentione in your ealier post.