• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

Pasilda Nacera

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm going to University of Phoenix. They have campuses everywhere. It's a good school but the classes each are about 5 weeks long so they compress a lot of material in that amount of time. Im studying Busness Administration.

I'm currently trying to get a Bachelor's Degree to help my father in his business. After I get my Bachelor's Degree I will mostly go for my Masters. Classes cost about 1K.

this thread should be linked over and merged..
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134932&r=80

and i'll move this one over for a merge upon request
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=1727909#post1727909

I was supposed to graduate but there's been some complications, i'll have my diploma by monday.

I go/went to DeVry University (DeVry Institue of Tech), i went for 1 year for Computer Information Systems, but switched majors to Telecommunications.

For a tech school its great, i just found interests in the rest of academia half way through, which they poorly lack at and basically only maintain a pass/fail ratio for accredidation purposes.
At least the one in Atlanta,GA does, i can't speak for the others.

Last edited:
I'm at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), in Sydney, Australia.

I'm there because it is well regarded in both the areas I am studying -- Physics and Law. The Law satisfaction level of students when they graduate is higher than any other university in my area.

The Physics teachers are extremely knowledgeable and well-regarded in their field. My interests in Physics lie in Quantum Mechanics and Astrophysics. UNSW is extremely well regarded in Astrophysics, sending teams to the South Pole with the support of the Australian government each year to do astronomy.

It is reasonably convenient to get to, and its fairly down to earth....

I'll graduate in 2007 (hopefully :D) with a Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
(BSc LLB)

University of Cambridge (the UK Cambridge) doing Pure and Applied Mathematics.

Why? Because I'm crap at language and out of the sciences, I prefered Physics but hated practicals. Doing a Maths degree means I do all the Physics I like without wasting time twiddling with experiments. This year I'd done stuff like Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Fluid Dynamics and Special Relativity which is what I've always wanted to do.
Work is hard and I've end of year exams in June but I like it :) Shame about the shit nightlife :\

ohio university. not really sure why i picked it. my freshman year i attended a very small liberal arts school in PA and hated it. i decided i wanted to go to a larger state school and since my boyfriend goes here, it seemed like a logical choice. i'm happy here and looking forward to graduating in june :)

i am studying psychology because i want to help people (i know that sounds cheesy, but its true). i was pre-med for a year and half but did horribly in my chem classes. psychology has always interested me and i figured i should study something i enjoy.

when i graduate i plan on working with troubled children. i'd like to eventually work with autistic kids, but it seems i will need a master's for that. which i will get once i have some money saved up.

Scottsdale Community College.

Currently out this semester due to recovery from drugs.

I'm attending to get my basic classes out of the way and credits toward my degree of psychology

I have completed three courses in psychology...psych 101...abdormal psych...and statistical psych (tough class). I passed all three with a grade above a C

Hey Pasilda, you don't live far away ;)

I shouldve been a OSU Buckeye but for some reason I chose to go to Xavier University here in Cincy! Damn proud of our boys' basketball team! Other than that.. this place sucks... Cincy is a great city but there is nothing to do at XU's campus. The parties suck, you have to go to U of Cincinnati for anything to be open past 10:00 and it's a bunch of preppy conceided assholes walking around spending mommy and daddy's money trying to be cool.

Ok, enough ranting... lol

I'm a BLA major... Bachelor of Liberal Arts... i'm focusing on advertising/marketing/psychology. I love what I am doing but i really wish i wouldve gone into education.. I love kids and i think it would be great to be a teacher.

i'm at The Ohio State University, columbus, oh... i didn't really want to go to college when i graduated high school, but my parents wanted me to go so i went to state with my friends, then dropped out after a year. went back to state because i've really grown to love the school.

i'm majoring in sociology, plan on graduating in sept. 05, chose sociology because the subject fascinates me and is applicable in a broad segment of professions... i plan on moving out west in '06 to get my masters in higher education administration, then at some point getting a phd and maybe helping with some sociological research projects/teaching...

University of California, Irvine, though I've been on exchange here at the Chinese University of Hong Kong for the past year and I will then spend the summer at East China Normal University in Shanghai before heading back in September.

My major is Comparative Literature (focus on lit theory) and a minor in Cultural Studies (East Asia). I will probably go into PR and eventually into the Foreign Service somewhere down the line. . .hopefully after picking up a masters in International Relations in a few years.

louisiana state university

studying radiology. after i get my radiographers degree, ill prolly travel. ill join an agency that "rents" us out for emergent situations and we get paid out the ass for it. plus they pay all my travel; food, gas, hotel. basically no bills with great pay. once i get married and/or have a kid, i will have to stop, but till then, ill be livin the high life =D

Im at Western Wyoming
Im studingy to get by basic out of the way, in a really amazing jounior college. Next year I'll attend Portalnd State, where Ill study International relations.

Wow, lots of Ohio people in this thread. I'm at Ohio State University, studying philosophy. When I'm done in a couple of years or so, I'm planning on heading off to law school (preferably somewhere far, far away from Ohio :) ).

Ah hah :) Great forum, and great thread :)

I've just finished my undergraduate in Chemical Engineering at Sydney University, and have progressed to a PhD in Chemical Engineering :) So far its interesting, but am having some issues with getting motivated, but that always happens to me right when I start something, but its all going to start clicking in for me soon :)

Uni rocks :)

More specifically, being PAID to go to uni rocks :) I love post-grad scholarships :)

I'm at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Yes, THE University of Colorado, Boulder - number one party-school in the country. Number one if you like keg beer, anyway.

I go to GSU (Georgia Southern University), but I want to transfer to Emory in a couple years. My major is History, but it would be pre-law (if there was such a thing). But I've been thinking lately about changing to some type of music management (production maybe???)

does anyone know any good school's for music production, I think that it would be cool to be a big record lebel rep. or something like that.

I'm not telling what college I'm attending because I don't want to reveal my identity. However I will say that I am a double science major, majoring in Biology and Neuroscience. I chose the latter major because I think the brain is fascinating and I don't like the subjectivity of psychology. Another factor is med school. Although you don't have to be a science major to get in, you still have to take all of the science courses to do well on the MCAT so I figured it made sense to major in science. I also chose to major in biology; in case med school doesn't work out I have alternative options (physical therapy, zookeeper, etc) without being forced to go into research or obtain yet another degree.

Last edited:
Im at Minot State University (North Dakota) majoring in Psychology. I eventually want to get my doctorate.

Im not quite sure exactly what i wanna do in PSychology b/c so much intrest me in the area. Ive recently heard there is a new field called Neuro-Psychology which sounds very intresting to me. Studying the relationship b/w the neurological and psychological aspects of the brain makes too much sense. Im surprised this feild is just getting started. So maybe ill do that i dunno.

Last edited:
mintalyelevatid said:
studying radiology. after i get my radiographers degree, ill prolly travel. ill join an agency that "rents" us out for emergent situations and we get paid out the ass for it. plus they pay all my travel; food, gas, hotel. basically no bills with great pay. once i get married and/or have a kid, i will have to stop, but till then, ill be livin the high life =D

I attend the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and I am currently enrolled in the same major as you. Radiologic Technologies :)

Are you pursuing an Associate's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree? I am going for the Bachelor's myself, as the pay is slightly better.

The ability to travel and easily get a job in any major city in the entire country makes this job extremely appealing to me. I have always wanted flexibility in my work and this should provide it. Furthermore, as you said, doing agency work is ridiculously beneficial. I have spoken with Radiographers who will work an entire 8 hour shift and have to take about 4 x-rays the entire shift. The rest of it is getting paid to sit on their ass and read the paper or something of that nature.

Southern Illinois but, transfering to UIC in the fall. Major: Business Administration

I'm going to Illinois State University this fall

I got a couple freinds over there, it's a nice school.