• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

haha yes ma'am, i do know that... not nearly as amazing as say... miami of ohio or bowling green's program, however.

my sister is going to be atteneded kent state not next fall, but the fall after. playing soccer (she already practices with the team) and in the fashion& design school.

if i went to kent, it would be for journalism, nursing, or design. they have top programs in the US in each of those areas. its great to see their education program blossoming and becoming one of the best--- its really too bad their business school is going downhill.

btw, anyone wanting to go to kent--- its really spread out but has the best student rec center ever. the cops out there are jackarses, though. thats why i stick around in the a-k to do my partying when i'm in the area.

I go to the University of Oklahoma. I am currently majoring in Zoology Bio-Med and minoring in Psychology. I am pre-med as long as i keep a 4.0. I either want to be a psychiatrist or a physician.

Going to University of Rhode Island next year. Most likely going into the pharmacy school studying applied pharmaceutical science.

About UC BERKELEY, I'm actually from the east bay, and I know a lot of kids from my school that are going to berkeley. the funny thing is that all of them are the biggest narcissistic assholes that think they are very smart, but in reality just kissed some serious ass to get in there. is everyone there like that? because I'm willing to bet that 95% of them are.

university of illinois at urbana-champaign
- mathematics and computer science -

i came here cuz it's a good deal (cheap in-state tuition and supposedly a top program). thought my major was something i really wanted to do...but after a few years i have decided i chose the wrong major. oh well, too late to change now -- graduating in two weeks.

Myself, i'm from Australia. I go to Deakin University in Victoria. I go to the larger of the 5 campuses that they have; the Waurn Ponds campus.

I'm there currently studying my PhD in Computer Science.

Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.

Studying bio right now.
I don't know if I'll be staying or not cause I'm always dropping too much acid/smoking too much pot and my grades suck...

But if I do stay in school, I think I would like to go into neuroscience and do research or develop new chems (Alexander Shulgin is my idol, hehe).

:D

I'm from Cleveland, so I kinda regret coming here now...should have gone to OSU, heh. It's so much cheaper and the social life here is...oh, so bad...everyone is just hella uptight...

University of North Dakota in Grand Forks.
Transfering to University of Minnesota in the Twin citys in 1 year.
I'm currently studdying Pre-Business, I want to major in Marketing/ Managment...

WILL be going to McGill University School of Science, starting out as a Psych major.

Either getting a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD in neuroscience/psychoneurology.cog psych or whatever i end up interested in.

EDIT---Anyone in the MTL area please PM me as I will be a lonely foreigner there

Last edited:
im going to DePaul this fall

i had my doubts at first, but i've ben reassured that it rips pretty hard in lincoln park, so im looking forward to it now. im majoring (as of now) in IT, they just started the degree this coming year, it combines a lot of business/management with computer related stuff.

the only people i "know" that are going there are the 2 people i've met on this board and some distant acquaintances :x

if anyone else is going/goes to DePaul or UIC or any other school int hat area drop me a pm, i'll need someone to hit up the bars with the first night :)

There are so many people from Ohio in here! Faithfully dangerous I live right near you. I'm about 10 minutes away from Akron... And mrgreenb, I too go to Kent State... :)

I'm studying biology and trying to get into med school... although with the recent legal troubles I've gotten myself into, I'm not so sure they'd let me in...

~VD

i live about 10 minutes from akron as well (fairlawn, actually) but this summer i will be partying it up on allyn street :)

however, i go to school in NW ohio.

kinetic said:
About UC BERKELEY, I'm actually from the east bay, and I know a lot of kids from my school that are going to berkeley. the funny thing is that all of them are the biggest narcissistic assholes that think they are very smart, but in reality just kissed some serious ass to get in there. is everyone there like that? because I'm willing to bet that 95% of them are.

Yeah, most of them think they are god's gift ot mankind because of their superior intelligence. There are decent ones, my roommate was a pretty cool guy, and most of the people aren't blatantly arrogant, but it shows greatly when a heated debate erupts. They are very by the book people, who don't know shit about what there is to life. The frat guys are especially bad, and the soroity girls, my god, they are so horribly cocky and mean.

However, most of the people there worked their asses off in high school to get there, that everyone must realize. It was no easy task getting into that school, at least from my high school, which was private so grade inflation was non-existent. I don't know about your school, is it public?

I also must admit I used to think I was a superior being because I was smart. Now I see it doesn't mean much at all, except that I can excel in academics. I have seen the light, that there is so much more to life than straight A's and college degrees.

Yeah, I went to a public school, and sadly enough, my younger brother is going to be attending UC Berkeley. I'm a little disappointed, but I trust that he'll be above the rest of the Berkeley crowd.

I really hate frats and sororities, so glad that I'm at UCSC, where they are a huge joke.

Im in my final quater at Ohio Univestiy... i am studing Electronic Media , Audio Video production

University of New South Wales, Sydney.

Arts. at the moment doing:
latin
history
sociology
history and philosophy of science (might be changing this to linguistics)

i think ill major in latin and history, but depends on whether i transfer into a combined degree next year...