• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

Ivy Tech State College - Anderson/Muncie, IN

Studying Architectural Design Technology

Why? because I've been doing Computer Aided Drafting/Design (CAD) for about 6 years now...

I first started out my Junior year of HS taking a 2 hour block of a CAD/CAM course, and I really enjoyed it and was skilled at it (best of my class) so I continued on with it my Senior year earning 12 hours of college credit @ Ivy Tech through the 2 year program...

Well now I kick myself because I was offered a job immediately after high school which had decent pay about $9-11/hour for a designer at Continental Design... HOWEVER, I declined the offer because I had been accepted at Purdue University.

I ended up going to PU for a year and they screwed me over and didn't give me the classes I wanted... reason being there are too many students, you don't learn anything but what you teach yourself, your TA's don't speak english very well, so their no help, and the individual classes have too many students... I didn't like the place at all... so I didn't go back.

The following year I took off to work and save money (ok the saving money part didn't work, but I got my partying done!)

Then this year I started up at Ivy Tech with their 2 1/2 year program, which my credits I earned from PU will have helped me finish in about 1 more year.

I am proud to be a Buckeye at The Ohio State University. I am majoring in Strategic Communication ... aka : marketing/PR/advertising. I plan to go into media relations or public relations for sports teams after graduation.

kinetic said:
University of California, Santa Cruz
physics major

I'm surprised i'm the first slug on here, anyways, i chose Santa Cruz because they have an amazing physics program, surprised the hell out of me when i found out but it's true. plus, everyone i know that went to berkeley is a dick, and santa barbara (also a great physics school) is frat country. i hate drunk idiots.

Yup, the people at Berkeley are mostly arrogant fuck-heads. They are mostly straight-edge and preachy, or they think they are hardcore because they actually drink alcohol, and *gasp* smoke pot. Most of them also don't realize there is more to life than school and monetary/academic success.

goldenbrown said:
Yup, the people at Berkeley are mostly arrogant fuck-heads. They are mostly straight-edge and preachy, or they think they are hardcore because they actually drink alcohol, and *gasp* smoke pot. Most of them also don't realize there is more to life than school and monetary/academic success.

My buddy got a full ride to Cal Berkely for engineering (for both under grad and graduate level) and he as far from an arrogant fuck-head. I know thats just a general stereotype but there are actually good, level-headed people who go there!

Wild1Xu said:
My buddy got a full ride to Cal Berkely for engineering (for both under grad and graduate level) and he as far from an arrogant fuck-head. I know thats just a general stereotype but there are actually good, level-headed people who go there!

Yeah no shit man, that is why I said "mostly". I didn't even stereotype, I just said most people. And I'm sorry but it's true, almost all the people I encountered were very full of themselves, to a disgusting extent. This included being very judgemental, as well.

DeVRY University (lamer)
Columbus, Ohio

Networks (ECT)

goldenbrown said:
Yeah no shit man, that is why I said "mostly". I didn't even stereotype, I just said most people. And I'm sorry but it's true, almost all the people I encountered were very full of themselves, to a disgusting extent. This included being very judgemental, as well.

I'm not saying you are wrong.. I know my friend would agree with you!

No hard feelings ;)

Spent a couple years at Notre Dame, went through Advertising, Marketing, Management, Philosophy, and Sociology. Took two years off, realized that the real world sucks more than the fake school world, and decided to go back.

Well, will go back. Transferring to Univ of Wisc-Madison come fall. As a socilogy major. I think. Okay, maybe not. Maybe psych. Toying with the idea of picking up a comp sci...

Oh hell. I have no idea

*raises hand*

A real, live UC Berkeley student right here... I admit there are a good number of arrogant fucks out here, the academic atmosphere can be a little less than nurturing sometimes. But like any place, there are plenty of good people to be found and chill with. We're not all rabid socio-economic climbers out here... but then again, I'm one of those crazy out-of-state students, so what do I know?

Oh, I'm studying Molecular and Cell Biology here, because I want to know how my brain works (and why acid makes it do such silly things!).

Univ of Wisc-Madison come fall. As a socilogy major. I think. Okay, maybe not. Maybe psych.
oooohhhhh

psych at that school ROCKS....even if you don't major in it, you should definitely take some classes! Patricia Devine is there, she's like one of the foremost researchers on prejudice and stereotypes :D

University of Arkansas at Fayetteville- right now i'm a general business administration/marketing major...not for long though...just can't figure out what i wanna do with my life...

It's nice to hear some nice things about UIC and people enjoying it there...

I will be relocating to the chi-metro area and attending UIC for the Fall semester... major in psych minor in fine arts... after i graduate i'll get my masters in Art Therapy and pursue a career in that.

PapaElijah said:
*raises hand*

A real, live UC Berkeley student right here... I admit there are a good number of arrogant fucks out here, the academic atmosphere can be a little less than nurturing sometimes. But like any place, there are plenty of good people to be found and chill with. We're not all rabid socio-economic climbers out here... but then again, I'm one of those crazy out-of-state students, so what do I know?

Oh, I'm studying Molecular and Cell Biology here, because I want to know how my brain works (and why acid makes it do such silly things!).

No you see, that's the thing. All the "good" people I thought I had found turned out to be just as bad as everyone. They all just hide their real beliefs much better than people in high school, i.e. they don't run around making fun of people, but inside they were the hardest judges. However, my roommate is a decent guy (he's from out of state), though we didn't really have a great connection or anything, we got along just fine, and he wasn't like all the rest of them.

There are also 2 other people that were actually decent, but what do you know they are from my highschool. I've always known them, never really hung out with them much (I didn't "hand out" with anyone in HS), but they are the most real people I've found at Berkeley.

MCB is cool, when I go back to school there, I have to decide between MCB or Psychology, because Mechanical Engineering is just too much of a load for me at this point in my life. Good luck with the rest of the Semester, which is pretty much just finals now!

mrgreenb-- kant read kant write kent eh ;) i'm in akron (attended akron u one semester) so i know what its like out yonder off 76.

i'm @ bowling green SU in BG, ohio. its near toledo, NW ohio. i'm an education major--- bowling green has an awesome education program so thats why i'm there. i want to teach because... honestly i have a passion for literature and writing. also, i want to have a family some day and teaching makes for a great way to raise a family (summers off, at work while the kids are at school, etcetc) PLUS the retirement plan is great.

I'm at Latrobe University, Melbourne, Australia studying Nursing, because it's something I really wanna do and I love it!

faithfully dangerous said:
mrgreenb-- kant read kant write kent eh ;) i'm in akron (attended akron u one semester) so i know what its like out yonder off 76.

I cant believe that after like 3 or 4 days, you are the first one to say that. You do knwo that kent has an amazing education program right?