• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

University of Calgary (alberta, canada)

aiming for a major in political science, minor in film
going into 2nd year

I am currently going to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and studying Management Information Systems. It's a business program and I'm not quite sure if it interests me yet. I'm leaning towards no but I don't know what else I could study. I hate memorizing shit and I'm shitty at math and logic.

I also have no innate artisitic ability either. I'm really good at everything computers and tech, but I don't understand why I have to go through all this fucking school just to get paid more doing what I can already do.

bong420tripper: what year are you man? i'm a soph. even though i've been there 5 semesters. i live on the east side, close to the oriental.

I attend the University of Tennessee, but I am originally from Ohio. I didn't realize how many Ohio peeps were on here. We should attempt to arrange a big midwest bluelight meet up this summer since there are so many of us. I am currently over in the U.K. for the semester and they have meetups twice a year with a large number of the bluelighters here. June 12 in Columbus there is going to be a nice warehouse party, just an idea. I am a psych major and probably either pursuing law school or grad school for psych.

Attended Duke University (NorthCarolina), then University of Amsterdam (Holland) for graduate studies in Film & Television.
I was supposed to graduate from Ams in a year but ended up staying for another year because... ummm... I loved my studies =D

I go to U. of Louisville (ky) and my major is psychology. Hopefully ill graduate by the end of the end of spring 2005

dang, one other north carolinian (sp) here

bout to go to unc-wilmington...4 years at the beach, hell yea

but i'm gonna be a N.P., Nurse Practitioner, and i hope to work in the emergency room, or i wanna be a vet-tech

peace
me

Yes yet another ohio student here.

So i am here at kent state university... i am from the nasty nati, but i am stuck here between akron and cleveland, in the middle of a corn feild. I am a girl, studying sports managment. I want to work for a pro football or baseball team, with their commmunity relations. I want to get them out into the community and have peopel knwo who they are...

Hopefully if everything goes the way i want, i am going to get my masters in marketing or Public relations at the university of cincinnati, but we will see what happends to the fiance and his lsats will take him.

I go to University of Oregon because
1. my money supply is finite and it is in-state. and
2. it is an okay school.

I am studying psychology, philosophy, and sociology because that is what is interesting.

ebola

I go to a small school called Washington College in East Bumblefuck Maryland. I transferred here from Comm. College in NJ to pursue my major in Clinical Psych. and minor in Gender Studies. I will be graduating in two, maybe three semesters, dependin on how much work i want to do. I will either go on to her my Master right away or do my Psy D in 5 yrs, but to practice you have to have either ur Psy D or PhD so I gotta do something. I always loved Psych and I just absorb it. Bein involved with the people and life that I have lived made me realize that there is so much more so much to love and so much to learn....:)

well I am another UW-Milwaukee student. I am majoring Psych and creative writing, though i will need to get my masters in psych so i can ebcome a guidance counselor..yup, thats right, a guidance counselor... you know what... we could all use a little guidance here and there !

:)

University of California, Santa Cruz
physics major

I'm surprised i'm the first slug on here, anyways, i chose Santa Cruz because they have an amazing physics program, surprised the hell out of me when i found out but it's true. plus, everyone i know that went to berkeley is a dick, and santa barbara (also a great physics school) is frat country. i hate drunk idiots.

I'm from Central Michigan University, working on a communication degree. However, I'm out of here in July and hopefully with that diploma!

UT austin because it's a really good school, great town with plenty to do (6th street...), and many many parties

I attend Ohio University, bouncing back and forth on their regional campuses so I can graduate this quarter.

I'll graduate with a B.S. in Communication Studies, minor in Sociology, an Associate's in Art, and an Associate's in Social Science.

Why? I find the differences in culture and communication very interesting and I love art. I want to be an independent protocol consultant for businesses, so these degrees will definitely assist me in reaching my career goal.

BlueMind said:
University of Central Florida, studying Computer Science.

I plan to delve as far as I can, into intricate code. The most challenging code I have encountered is in Video Game Programming.

Game programming covers most of the main topics of CS, including AI, Data structures, etc.....

Not to mention that for real-time rendering of 3-d space(especially in commercial games), has got to be as small as possible, and as FAST as possible. No other coding paradigm incorporates so much knowledge. Everything I have been forced to learn in my CS degree can be applied to game programming. Physics, calculus, everything.....

I have a newfound respect for the truly established game programmers (Carmack, Sweeney, Molyneux, etc).

These are people that truly push the limits of what a common desktop computer can do. Unbelievable. I appreciate video games so much more, after learning what has to go into their production these days.

Unreal Tournament 2004 still makes my jaw hit the floor. How the hell did they do that? So fast, so tight, it leaves me speechless.

Philosophically, computer code is a written example of human thought. I see how intelligent these people are, when I see a truly spectacular game.

As much as I talk about game programming, I am not sure that is where my destiny lies. Ok I am rambling now :)
That is soo cool!!!!!! i wish i had the patience and the focus to truly understand the computer code universe:)

OhioGuy said:
O-H....

Lots of buckeyes here, ok, i'm the 3rd.

I'm at OSU studying Mechanical Engineering, you buckeyes ever wanna hand out throw me a PM

I - O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D

^^^oops, thats supposed to say "hang out" not "hand out" in the quote right there 8( :)