• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

Right now I am at Drexel, doing a Major in Chemical Engineering and a Minor in Psychology. I'm using this as a basis for a masters in most likely neuropharmacology. I'll have a fallback as a generic process engineer or counselor too.

My school in general is horrible, but I've learned to love the city. If it was on a campus by itself I think I would have transfered by now.

Started college at the University of Washington, then transferred to Texas A&M.

Major in biomedical engineering

University of Georgia. picked it cause i only applied here and to oglethorpe. oglethorpe had location going for it (5 minutes away from buckhead in atlanta) but there were under 1000 full-time students.
i'm still undecided bout my major

DePauw University, Indiana (I bet you've never heard of it)
I'm an eglish lit. major ... but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, maybe law school, maybe publishing ... I still have another year to decide.

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Scottsdale Community College.

Currently out this semester due to recovery from drugs.

I'm attending to get my basic classes out of the way and credits toward my degree of psychology

I have completed three courses in psychology...psych 101...abdormal psych...and statistical psych (tough class). I passed all three with a grade above a C

Hey Pasilda, you don't live far away ;)

oh but K'doutinAZ the campus I go to is not in Phoenix. I'm talking my classes in San Diego. Universtity of Phoenix has campuses everywhere. I wonder what other States besides california has them.

University Missouri Kansas City and working on Bachelors in English and a minor in philosophy. The reason is that i thoroughly enjoy both. %)

University of Puget Sound. My parents were only willing to pay for college if I stayed in state, and UPS is easily one of best schools in the area.

I'm at the University of Arizona...my major is ECON and i am minoring in audio production

i guess my idea is to work on Wall St. for 5 or so years then open a studio in a beach city ;)

University of Central Florida, studying Computer Science.

I plan to delve as far as I can, into intricate code. The most challenging code I have encountered is in Video Game Programming.

Game programming covers most of the main topics of CS, including AI, Data structures, etc.....

Not to mention that for real-time rendering of 3-d space(especially in commercial games), has got to be as small as possible, and as FAST as possible. No other coding paradigm incorporates so much knowledge. Everything I have been forced to learn in my CS degree can be applied to game programming. Physics, calculus, everything.....

I have a newfound respect for the truly established game programmers (Carmack, Sweeney, Molyneux, etc).

These are people that truly push the limits of what a common desktop computer can do. Unbelievable. I appreciate video games so much more, after learning what has to go into their production these days.

Unreal Tournament 2004 still makes my jaw hit the floor. How the hell did they do that? So fast, so tight, it leaves me speechless.

Philosophically, computer code is a written example of human thought. I see how intelligent these people are, when I see a truly spectacular game.

As much as I talk about game programming, I am not sure that is where my destiny lies. Ok I am rambling now :)

Fish721 said:
DePauw University, Indiana (I bet you've never heard of it)
I'm an eglish lit. major ... but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, maybe law school, maybe publishing ... I still have another year to decide.

I'ev got friends there, I go to Butler University.

i go to wright state university in dayton, oh. im studying international studies and minoring in french for some reason. who knows what i will do w/ that. i picked int. st. because it had a lot of polly sci classes and i like them. hopefully ill be able to get a job after i get my degree. :\

University at Buffalo. I am a double major: Political Science and Philosophy. I decided to go to UB because after I came back from Germany I decided I wanted to stay close to home but at the same time attend a very large university.

I'm at one of the Uni of North Carolina schools double majoring in Criminal Justice Creative Writing--and I plan to go on to grad school at Emmerson or UNC Chapel Hill for my Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
Fun stuffs

University of California, Berkeley

Mechanical Engineering

That is my official status, though I am currently withdrawn from that university, and I don't know if I am going to return ever, to it specifically or any college.

The people there really aren't any different than the rest, they just act like they are, deep down, they are still harshly judgemental like the rest of the world.

My professors were ok, the classes were pretty interesting, but it is a lifetime of shit that finally caught up with me last summer, and is still hurting me strongly to this day, and it is that which caused me to leave school.

O-H....

Lots of buckeyes here, ok, i'm the 3rd.

I'm at OSU studying Mechanical Engineering, you buckeyes ever wanna hang out throw me a PM

Last edited:
Was going to UWM Milwaukee. Now I'm going to transfer to a community college in Arizona, because it's cheaper. I realized that I don't really need a big name school to do good for myself.

I'm studying Physics. Major is Theoretical Astro-physics. Minor in chemistry.:p I might not finish. I've gotten a few tempting job offers, so... We'll see.

However, you do need to be able to formulate a complete and coherent sentence...realizing that saying you're going to "do good for [your]self" may not be the best way to prove this. ;)

fawkin with ya

bong420tripper said:
I attend the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and I am currently enrolled in the same major as you. Radiologic Technologies :)

Are you pursuing an Associate's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree? I am going for the Bachelor's myself, as the pay is slightly better.

The ability to travel and easily get a job in any major city in the entire country makes this job extremely appealing to me. I have always wanted flexibility in my work and this should provide it. Furthermore, as you said, doing agency work is ridiculously beneficial. I have spoken with Radiographers who will work an entire 8 hour shift and have to take about 4 x-rays the entire shift. The rest of it is getting paid to sit on their ass and read the paper or something of that nature.

imma get my associates. then i will specialize in one or all of the following CT, MRI, US, or cath lab. i work in the xray department at a hospital. i already know all the positions and most body parts. i know manual techniques for a lot of xrays.

i know a guy who was sent to hawaii for an agency job. they paid all his food, lodging, and those sorts. he ended up accepting the job that he was temporarily working for. basically, he got a dream job in hawaii and got paid to move there. how fucking cool is that?

if you ever wanna talk about radiography or the different modalities shoot me a pm. id be glad to help you with anything. like i said, i work in the med. imaging department. i know a lot of shit already.

gothfaery3 said:
However, you do need to be able to formulate a complete and coherent sentence...realizing that saying you're going to "do good for [your]self" may not be the best way to prove this. ;)

fawkin with ya

I never said my Engrish skills were great, or anything. I'll say that I can write for a donkey's rear. :p

English Comp. is my worst enemy.