• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Damn this thread was very helpful. I have a huge benzo tollerance due to the fact that I abuse the hell outta them when withdrawling off opiates. I get 90 1mg IRs a month and 30 1mg xrs. Well im outta my IRs so Ive just been swallowing large amounts of the XRs hoping to get some releif, but to no effect. Ive tried snorting and chewing in the past but felt nothing. Never tried parachuting before about 10 minutes ago when I did it with two of the XRs and finially I feel like Ive actually taken xanax and the jitteriness and spasms from WDs have subsided...yay

I have a few 1mg XRs right now. I've used them in the past, but I simply swallowed them whole as I did not believe there was a way to bypass the extended release mechanism even partially. However, about an hour ago I crushed one up (the pills are ridiculously hard!) and parachuted the powder. I must admit, it feels MUCH more like xanax IR than I expected. Still, it's not the same feeling as 1mg IR; but it comes close enough that I intend to use this method again in the future.

I tried Xanax 0.75mg today for the first time and expected to be knocked off my feet. (diazepam equivalenc is supposedly 30mg) I cannot believe this. 30mg of val would have me knocked...but this Xanax is really not sedating. I am not even sure if I could fall asleep now whereas with Valium no problem. WHy is this? Is this particular to me? Or is Xanax just not sedating? Or is the conversion table on wikipedia bullshit??? I am so disappointed with Xanax....

Yay a benzo megathread, props Cane! :)

Just because the benzo tables say 0.75mg of alprazolam is going to be equal to 30mg diazepam, that doesn't mean its set in stone. Xanax is quite sedating for other people, and Valium is more sedating for even others. Benzos are a very interesting class of drugs in how people react so differently to different ones. So find the one that works best for you.

Short answer, it is most likely particular to you. Try clonazepam (Klonopin) or lorazepam (Ativan), they're a nice middle ground, at least for me, between Xanax and Valium. Your mileage will vary.

Nah, 0.75mg of alprazolam is equal, in most of the charts, to 15mg of diazepam, not 30mg.

I have take diazepam,alprazolam,bromazepam,lorazepam,clonazepam,triazolam and flunitrazepam.I love opiates,so flunitrazepam is the best for me(but very dangerous,cause i did a lot of stupid things when i used to take it).Triazolam the second.Benzo's don't work good for me,cause i don't know when to stop after taking them.The only benzo that i wanna try is midazolam,i haven't try it.I think it doesn't come on pills or tabs,only ambules,or..:?

I have take diazepam,alprazolam,bromazepam,lorazepam,clonazepam,triazolam and flunitrazepam.I love opiates,so flunitrazepam is the best for me(but very dangerous,cause i did a lot of stupid things when i used to take it).Triazolam the second.Benzo's don't work good for me,cause i don't know when to stop after taking them.The only benzo that i wanna try is midazolam,i haven't try it.I think it doesn't come on pills or tabs,only ambules,or..:?

Dormicum is the tablet preparation of midazolam available in different countries; there are also Versed ampules in the US. I was recently given a lot of Versed.

Will taking diaz sporadically, lets say with 2/3/4 day gaps, cause any tolerance/addiction problems? For example say 30-40mg a week?

Would taking say 30mg on one day, and then having a full weeks gap be any safer?

Nah, 0.75mg of alprazolam is equal, in most of the charts, to 15mg of diazepam, not 30mg.

ur right i mixed the figures up, it was 1.5mg i took (3 times 0.5mg) It is just so weird how Xanax hardly affects me. I was even a bit scared before taking it for the first time as people say it is strong.

What I am essentially looking for is a reasonably strong benzo that feels the same or similar to Valium but with a half-life similar to Xanax. What are my options here? (short half life is REALLY important as I notice how I make little mistakes when I have Val in my system and forget stuff for 3 days).

Hey, I've got a question.
What's the longest has anybody here experienced benzo withdrawal?
I'm going on 13 months, and might be having some breakthroughs as of recently, I hope.
Thanks.

Will taking diaz sporadically, lets say with 2/3/4 day gaps, cause any tolerance/addiction problems? For example say 30-40mg a week?

Would taking say 30mg on one day, and then having a full weeks gap be any safer?

If you only take 30mg a day, and then taking a break of more than three days, then I believe you will be totally fine. I've done something similar and experienced zero withdrawals upon cessation.

Xanax is the benzo you gotta be more careful with. It's half life is shorter, and even after only 25 days of daily use (2-3mg a night snorted), I went into full delirium tremens and had a seizure upon cessation.

I'm going on 13 months, and might be having some breakthroughs as of recently, I hope.
Thanks.

18 months and still going for me

Well, clonazepam seems to be like a "hit and miss" kind of benzo. A lot of people get nothing out of it, others (like myself) get negative effects (paradoxical reaction). While yet others absolutely love it.

I wouldn't say it's impossible. If I took 8mg of clonazepam, I would hate myself lol. Whereas, 5mg of diazepam also gets me feeling good.

I think you don't have much of a benzodiazepine tolerance, I think clonazepam just doesn't seem to effect you in the intended way. I would avoid taking clonazepam, and take diazepam instead.

That is quite puzzling though, because I imagine most people who have taken 8mg of clonazepam at a time, wouldn't get anything out of 5mg of diazepam. I am very interested in this though, how many times have you taken clonazepam? Do you feel no different from :)

i took 7mg of clonazopam and a little broke off peice of xannay bar i havent taken them in a whill and im suprizeling not that fucked up wtf is with that anyones eles have simaler expeince like this also

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ask questions about how to beat a drug test, it's against the rules.

Thanks.

im going through w/d's and im not even completely off my k-pin taper for another month and a half (been taking them about 3-4years but kept it around 3mg/day until i discovered phenazepam and my tolerance skyrocketed).. so my taper started at 10mg and drop by .5mg/month ..i feel like im gonna die. Literally, just drop dead at any point of the day.
If this lasts as long as you guys are saying.. i am seriously gonna blow my brains all over my new carpet.

im going through w/d's and im not even completely off my k-pin taper for another month and a half (been taking them about 3-4years but kept it around 3mg/day until i discovered phenazepam and my tolerance skyrocketed).. so my taper started at 10mg and drop by .5mg/month ..i feel like im gonna die. Literally, just drop dead at any point of the day.
If this lasts as long as you guys are saying.. i am seriously gonna blow my brains all over my new carpet.

i felt the exact same way when i started withdrawing. i read the stories of people feeling not much better after one year, 18 months, 2 years, etc and i thought there was no way i could ever handle it. it was such intense and relentless suffering. however, here i am 18 months later still going through pretty serious withdrawals and yet i haven't killed myself yet even though i swore that i would if i ended up in this situation. you are stronger than you think is my point and you can make it through this. i can tell you that it does get a little bit better over the years. im hoping to be mostly/completely recovered after 3-6 years.