• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Temazepam being one of the most "recreational" (whatever that means in the benzodiazepine derivatives class) - now that's an interesting opinion. I can be in minority here but I'm not in minority in my society. Google trade name "Signopam", they're 10mg temazepam tablets here. My grandma was prescribed this for ANXIETY after trauma, my mum was prescribed this for ANXIETY after trauma. And this wasn't once. Temazepam is also used in hypothyroidism so my grandma was prescribed it later because of it(I suffer from it myself, that's another story, look at increase in hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and thyroid cancer in countries closest to then Ukrainian SSR where a catastrophe in Chernobyl Power Plant). The story is just that I was 14 and 20mg of temazepam just made me relaxed and that's all.

Firstly, let's a have a look at receptor binding of some of bezodiazepine derivatives:

alprazolam - 1.38 umol
clonazepam - 1.43 umol
flunitrazepam - 1.60 mol
lorazepam - 2.65 umol
estazolam - 4.73 umol, the next is bromazepam - 14.61 umol

diazepam - 32.67 umol
temazepam - 63.90 umol very sorry I can't find the source but IIRC the same values were presented here on the forums before.

That's about it (X umol - amount of substance needed to take the same effect). Temazepam may be marked as "hypnotic", it's hardly hypnotic for me but I'm not good as a guinea pig because of big tolerance overall, even zolpidem (non-benzodiazepine) has a higher binding affinity for bzp-receptors. Google it. Scholar-google it. Whatever. I went wikipedia, I didn't just look at sources, I clicked on links. This proves nothing. It's about toxicity. Well, Not long after my first experience with temazepam, I was taken to the hospital after taking a pack of it IIRC but wasn't my choice, I was just mad because I couldn't find something and there goes my dad. I was fucking fine, it was quite a long time since I took tabs so it all must have absorbed by the time I got to hospital. Well but that was when I was really benzo-naive person. Now I could eat an equivalent to 60mg of clonazepam I would be fine (or not if 2,4g of temazepam would be really toxic) just I like feel nothing after 40mg of estazolam and there were days estazolam was one of my favorites. It doesn't work anymore. Back to the topic:

Temazepam metabolism. There's no way 3-OH group is deattached as it is attached there in many cases of benzodiazepines that don't have it there. The only active metabolite may be oxazepam then (various sources don't even mention there is N-demethylation but if it happens in case of diazepam then I guess it happens here too). Now tell me a metabolite that is even weaker than the starter gives temazepam that superiority. Other metabolites are just conjugated compounds at 3 position, at 4' position (after 4'-hydroxylation).

If temazepam is so special, then lormetazepam should be "overspecial" because it's got 2'-chloro group and as we know any halogen at position 2' boosts activity and should make a simple 5-phenyl-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one derivative more hypnotic. I saw no big differences between lorazepam and lormetazepam (the difference is a methyl group on nitrogen 1), lormetazepam was sadly weaker but still great, colors were bright (just like after lorazepam) but everything was darker. Why isn't lormetazepam "overspecial"? Now I've got something more worth than wikipedia's article:

Translated from http://www.mp.pl/leki/desc.php?id=755. Yes, you've got to have an access. :| It's just a part about effects.

Short-acting, not cumulating in body bezodiazepine derivative with little affinity to the receptors. It shows hypnotic, anxiolytic and sedative effects, and also moderate anticonvulsant action, and weak muscle relaxing effects. [about benzodiazepines' mechanism of action - (...) a complex with GABA{A} receptors, benzodiazepine receptors and chlorine channels. By allosteric interaction with with GABA{A} receptors Benzodiazepine receptors cause opening of chlorine channels and increase infiltration of chloride anions into neurons. Benzodiazepine derivatives, acting through GABA-ergic system, increase depressant action of GABA in CNS, especially on limbic system, hypothalamus, and thamalus - just for the sake of clarity...]
Temazepam after p.o. administration is absorbed from GI tract well and quickly. About 8% of the dose goes through first-pass metabolism. Binds to proteins in 96-98%. T1/2 is on average 8,8h (3,5-18,4h). Metabolized mainly in the liver by conjugation with glucuronic acid, doesn't have active metabolites. In 80-90% excreted via kidneys, mainly as metabolites. Medicine doesn't cumulate in organism.

Yes, it's registered in Poland also as a hypnotic benzodiazepine to treat insomnia but also in hypothyroidism and a few other illnesses. But considering how weak it is, I see it prescribed by first-contact doctors for anxiety along Relanium 2mg or 5mg (diazepam).

- - - - - - -

So what would be my explanation? Temazepam is very nice and mellow at the beginning, just like I said. If people have no access to other benzodiazepines, they abuse temazepam to a terrible extent. You don't have to remind me of guys injecting some extractions from tablets or gel-caps into their muscles.

After I finish some work now, I will give it a shot for benzodiazepines despite the fact I was to quit (yeah, I know, this is very general), chemistry, way of action etc. Standard procedure. Getting a 1,4-benzodiazepine ring isn't hard (if it were, some of users wouldn't show up with nimetazepam in bulk...) but STOP, here where it ends.

Look at gidazepam structure (must be on English wikipedia already). Do you really think it's active? It must be a compound similar to nordazepam but with bromine on position 7 instead of chlorine (electronegativity difference isn't big and trust me, I've seen guys taking 40mg of gidazepam, feeling nothing and bang, they got fucked up really and they're not little boys). I don't know if working on benzodiazepine derivatives is worth it, maybe a waste of time as there have been thousands of them synthesized already (but so morphine derivatives, too and it was worth it).

- - - - - - -

Concerning driving stuff... Look at me. What can I say? I have to drive to get to various places. I feel nothing after such a low dose of clonazepam and methadone but if I were stopped by some police jerks, the fact I had those substances in my system would play a huge role in the court.

- - - - - - -

EDIT:

I've just remembered I've got nordazepam and its 2'-chloro derivative, delorazepam in bulk. But it's been, say, 2 months since they were synthesized.

Anyone knows how long they can be kept without any degradation? Of course they're stored like things are stored in labs. And N-demethylated version of the widest used benzodiazepine derivative - diazepam - is a good starter for anything (despite easiness of 1,4-benzodiazepine synthesis like I said, I don't really feel like going from the beginning when I have something ready).

Last edited:
The differing qualitys of the various benzos available

There are a lot of benzos out there, all with different qualities/effects.

Lots of us (me included) are not quite clued up on this, so a thread seemed appropriate. Post what you know...

Me? diazepam, lorazepam, phenaz, and once or twice really strong shit...flourazepam, midazelam..?

We seem to have a more restrictive selection here in the UK than elsewhere. I've heard xanax, k-pin and others are big in the states. Xanax in particular seems rather popular...hits hard & fast etc. But no UK doc (as far as I know) will script it, I'd have to order it from a *very expensive* online pharmacy.

I want a benzo that is relitively short-acting-I don't want to be walking around like a mong two days later...

Anyway, do please discusss

Short acting benzos huh? Check out this page:

http://www.vhpharmsci.com/VHFormulary/Tools/Benzodiazepines-comparison.htm

Compares some benzos, long to intermediate to short acting. I like benzodiazepines, I wish I could get them more often for anxiety purposes but unfortunately I'm not allowed them as I have a history of drug use and mental illness and no one trusts me with my medication so my family has to hold on to it and dispense it to me not that I take it :p

We've had *PLENTY* of threads on people comparing benzo preferences so if you search around you'll find them. I'm going to merge this into the benzo mega thread and you will certainly find opinions/comparisons in there.

-> mega thread.

Midazolam has poor oral BA, it would seem, and I'm not gonna IV it, so would it be better to snort or plug it?

temazepam is NOT for benzo-naive ppl.

u are in the minority here, as most ppl find temazepam to be one of the most recreational benzos, if not the most recreational.
also, most find it to be heavily sedating -- myself included.
that is actually backed by several clinical studies (British, Australian, American, and others), which all have corroborated the original British study and which all have found that temazepam is the most rapidly acting, most sedative, and by far the benzo most often involved in overdose and death -- most toxic benzo (Like this study here).

so telling ppl that u drive and do more complicated things that need more focusing is stupid and irresponsible dude.
it's clear that u are in the very small minority which don't get much off temazepam, someone else taking this shit and drives or whatever can be dangerous, even deadly.

anyway sticko, temazepam is an awesome benzo for sleep. It acts very quickly and is very strong (15-30 mg is enough to put u to sleep, if ur tolerance is low).
it feels a bit like valium, but considerably stronger in terms of sedation, amnesia, etc.
i've found it to be most similar to nitrazepam in overall effect, but nicer and it doesn't last as long.
sedation wise, i've personally felt its slightly more sedative than flunitrazepam, but less so than triazolam.

its all what your looking for i guess.I used to LOVE taking a load of nitrazepam in the morning then wake up next day and having totally missed the day before.Now it doesnt sound fun or even having a feel good factor,but at the time i adored it,so i guess i was looking more for escapism then.Now id rather take some diazepam be sedated but coherent and actually enjoy it.
Its just what you look for at the time i think

sorry if this has been covered already, but I tried searching and couldn't find what I needed...

I was on a month long xanax binge after getting off suboxone (was taking about 2-6 mg a day).

Today is probably my 12th day off. The WD's were bad the first two days, but now I feel fine, although still a little short fused.

Some heavy stuff has been happening around the house, and I was thinking about taking 1-2mg to calm down.

If I take this, will I be instantly addicted again?
I'm not worried about self control, since I would only be able to acquire 1-2mg.
However I really don't want to have to deal with the WD's again.
So is taking xanax again this soon a no-no?

Last edited:
I was wondering whether taking some benzos whilst I had a few bongs would allow me to enjoy smoking my weed again?

I guess I am just asking for some advice as to what you think I should do???

(I have never taken a benzo before).

Last edited:
I was wondering whether taking some benzos whilst I had a few bongs would allow me to enjoy smoking my weed again?

Most likely, yes. Same with low-dose benzos with most drug experiences. You need to get comfortable with benzos before you begin mixing them with other drugs, however, and never mix them with alcohol. It's easy to get the desire to redose and redose after taking any benzo, so using a psychadelic along with benzos could be a dangerous proposition. Blacking out while tripping, as you could imagine, is not ideal.

P.S. if you are going to use benzos as a social lubricant, to get pussy, keep the doses miniscule. Too much and you only come off as a bumbling idiot.

contravercy regarding promethazine before or after dose

Could everyone here read the post by Suoxer at the end of this tread he claims to take promethazine 2 hrs BEFORE the codeine.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130315

it has alot of detail reagarding why it should be taken BEFORE the Codeine & states that is is a true potentiator that converts double the amount of Codeine to Morphine

Parachute? Is that when you roll it into toilet paper and it dissovled and hits right away?

I'm new here, but I just had to add a comment: stop snorting your xanax. Seriously, it's a complete waste. Xanax is not water soluble so it can't be quickly absorbed through the mucus membrane like say, oxycontin or medications that indicate subcutaneous use. You're just messing up your nose and sinuses with a whole lot of fillers and it won't absorb any faster than if you just crushed it up and swallowed it. Someone mentioned parachuting earlier, which I recommend if you're desperate. Crush it up as fine as possible and then wrap it in a small piece of toilet paper and swallow. Drink some water. The absorption will be faster and this works with most meds, I think.

I just started Xanax XR and have an incredibly high cross tolerance to all benzos, but Xanax has always worked the best. I've been experimenting and researching how to bypass the XR mechanism, but it's definitely not the same as oxycontin....I think rather than crushing the XR's, it might be a good idea to have a back up supply of Xanax IR for incidents of acute panic, unless you're trying to abuse them and then refer back to the previous paragraph.

Just for god's sake...stop snorting this shit. I understand panic attacks are just awful and you want to feel better RIGHT NOW, but snorting this particular medication is not useful.

shut up bro. no one said they snorted the xanax. they just said the doc told them they couldn't snort it. if you really were as smart as you act you would have read it, realized your retardedness, and not said a thing. <edited out some of the personal attack - Pega>

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt know anything about the xr took some last night....i was worried about how they worked .....too bad i took them before i checked here as they were only .05 i broke them in half an swallowed them ..didnt work out to well. i just wanted to go to sleep. took a long time to do anything at all. stick to ir .

all i can really tell you 9Volt, is that xanax has a better bioavailability if taken orally

if i had 2mg of xanax, id pop 1.5 mg and snort .5 for immediate effect