• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

i am very familiar with benzos and when i crush a 3 mg and parachute it , i has me feeling right for quite some time .....i have to say i kind of like them and thats surprising because it doesn't get much worse than a controlled release thats hard to bypass

Comments from an Amateur Pharmaceutical Enthusiast: Stop snorting Xanax!

I'm new here, but I just had to add a comment: stop snorting your xanax. Seriously, it's a complete waste. Xanax is not water soluble so it can't be quickly absorbed through the mucus membrane like say, oxycontin or medications that indicate subcutaneous use. You're just messing up your nose and sinuses with a whole lot of fillers and it won't absorb any faster than if you just crushed it up and swallowed it. Someone mentioned parachuting earlier, which I recommend if you're desperate. Crush it up as fine as possible and then wrap it in a small piece of toilet paper and swallow. Drink some water. The absorption will be faster and this works with most meds, I think.

I just started Xanax XR and have an incredibly high cross tolerance to all benzos, but Xanax has always worked the best. I've been experimenting and researching how to bypass the XR mechanism, but it's definitely not the same as oxycontin....I think rather than crushing the XR's, it might be a good idea to have a back up supply of Xanax IR for incidents of acute panic, unless you're trying to abuse them and then refer back to the previous paragraph.

Just for god's sake...stop snorting this shit. I understand panic attacks are just awful and you want to feel better RIGHT NOW, but snorting this particular medication is not useful.

I'm new here, but I just had to add a comment: stop snorting your xanax. Seriously, it's a complete waste. Xanax is not water soluble so it can't be quickly absorbed through the mucus membrane like say, oxycontin or medications that indicate subcutaneous use. You're just messing up your nose and sinuses with a whole lot of fillers and it won't absorb any faster than if you just crushed it up and swallowed it. Someone mentioned parachuting earlier, which I recommend if you're desperate. Crush it up as fine as possible and then wrap it in a small piece of toilet paper and swallow. Drink some water. The absorption will be faster and this works with most meds, I think.

I just started Xanax XR and have an incredibly high cross tolerance to all benzos, but Xanax has always worked the best. I've been experimenting and researching how to bypass the XR mechanism, but it's definitely not the same as oxycontin....I think rather than crushing the XR's, it might be a good idea to have a back up supply of Xanax IR for incidents of acute panic, unless you're trying to abuse them and then refer back to the previous paragraph.

Just for god's sake...stop snorting this shit. I understand panic attacks are just awful and you want to feel better RIGHT NOW, but snorting this particular medication is not useful.

That water soluable shit with xanax snorting is kinda bullshit. We have posted studies on here on intranasal administered valium and it shows that it does get in the system pretty well.

its not something I would do and it does waste a bit more. But on the other hand it is snorting, which some people like, and it does hit you quicker.

Well, not entirely....

That water soluable shit with xanax snorting is kinda bullshit. We have posted studies on here on intranasal administered valium and it shows that it does get in the system pretty well.

its not something I would do and it does waste a bit more. But on the other hand it is snorting, which some people like, and it does hit you quicker.

Interesting, but....xanax and valium are not the same drug-- while valium has a higher water solubility than xanax (which is extremely low), the water solubility of both drugs is pretty low, regardless. Taken this into account along with the fillers and that, as you pointed out, you are sacrificing some of the drug no matter how well you do it, snorting is just not all that necessary. I understand personal preference, but I think most people's goal is maximum efficacy. IMHO, f you want it to hit harder, you're better off parachuting it on an empty stomach or taking it sublingually.

I understand personal preference, but I think most people's goal is maximum efficacy. IMHO, f you want it to hit harder, you're better off parachuting it on an empty stomach or taking it sublingually

Depends who you're talking about. Some people here IV oxycontin when it's only about a 10% increase in BA over oral administration, so in that respect, people would rather the high than maximum efficacy

I was looking through the directory and found this interesting thread.
I know this thread is old but it seems like it never took off..
There's a lot of smart people in OD who know A LOT about benzos.

Now there's a place to direct benzo threads.

Maybe we can get this thing goin? OR is there already a new one or something?

New Benzo not listed- Phenazepam

Phenazepam is a benzodiazepine drug, which was developed in Soviet Union and now produced in Russia and some CIS countries. Phenazepam is used in the treatment of neurological disorders such as epilepsy, alcohol withdrawal syndrome and insomnia. It can be used as a premedication before surgery as it augments the effects of anesthetics and reduces anxiety.

An average phenazepam dosage is 0.5 mg 2-3 times daily. The maximum daily dosage must not exceed 10 mg.

Side effects include dizziness, loss of coordination and drowsiness, along with anterograde amnesia which can be quite pronounced at high doses. As with other benzodiazepines, in case of abrupt discontinuation following prolonged use, severe withdrawal symptoms may occur including restlessness, anxiety, insomnia and convulsions.

Benzodiazepines require special precaution if used in the elderly, during pregnancy, in children, alcohol or drug-dependent individuals and individuals with comorbid psychiatric disorders.

Phenazepam does not appear in the list of Controlled Substances in the Laws of either the USA or the UK, where in each country, benzodiazepines are generally Class C, Schedule IV substances.

In the United States the Controlled Substance Analogue Act applies only to substances in Schedule I and Schedule II. To this date there are no benzodiazepines in either of these schedules, and as such, all benzodiazepines not explicitly scheduled fall outside the analogue act.

Phenazepam is considered a "narcotic" in Norway, being a derivate of other "narcotic" benzodiazepines.
As of a result in a trial in Trondheim, Norway in late 2009 the judges could not find proof that Phenazepam is to be considered a narcotic substances.[3]
The public prosecutor has appealed the case to the Supreme Court. If the result stands, Phenazepam is not reckoned as an illegal drug in Norway any more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenazepam

1mg Phenazepam = 10mg Diazepam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

Last edited:
I just read through this quickly and noticed some misinformation already.

You can read her credentials on this link but she has been dealing with this since they came out on the market in '85.

benzos hit the market well before ashton.

also, i think you should mention that the withdrawal can last for years and be permanent in some cases.

also, i don't agree that they're worse than alcohol to drive on. not saying they aren't bad but so is alcohol. driving drunk is every bit as dangerous as driving on benzos.

Beta-blockers can increase clearance time of Benzos from your system, so the half-life will be extended. Take this into account if you're planning on taking any other CNS depressants.
Stay safe ;)

damn old thread, always wanted to say that.

I have always kinda thought XR xanax was a marketing ploy to charge you more for alprazolam and to cash in on the popularity of the drug. Regular xanax was what I prefer[ed], I remember when I posted above it was one of those free sample promotional prescription. Never returned to the XR's as they were over priced.

Peace,
Seedless

Yeah, just for the record here, chewing these isn't a great idea because they're really hard. Crushing does somewhat defeat the time-release, but not entirely.

I'm kind of surprised this thread isn't used more considering all the random benzo threads out there.

Anywho, my question is roughly how long does it take for benzo tolerance to go down? I'm on subs now and my doc won't allow me to take any though i have problems with anxiety and such. Before i started the subs i was on klonopin (1mg) and i was taking them practically daily. I found the 1mg wasn't doing it and started taking more and more but they just stopped working for me. A friend of mine had xanny bars and even two of them really didn't have much effect, if any. I figure this is due to tolerance, but maybe i'm just one of the unlucky people that don't get much from benzos? I'm not looking to get high or anything i actually want to use them for their intended purpose lol. So,
1. By the time i'm off the subs (probably a long time from now), or my doctor allows me to use them, can i expect to get some relief? Its been a couple months since i've taken any at this point. Though i have taken about a month and a half off from using them in the past and still seemed to have the same tolerance.
2. Would i possibly benefit more from something like valium that also has the muscle relaxing properties as well?
3. Are there any other alternatives i can discuss with my doctor for anxiety while i'm taking the subs?

I'm kind of surprised this thread isn't used more considering all the random benzo threads out there.

Anywho, my question is roughly how long does it take for benzo tolerance to go down? I'm on subs now and my doc won't allow me to take any though i have problems with anxiety and such. Before i started the subs i was on klonopin (1mg) and i was taking them practically daily. I found the 1mg wasn't doing it and started taking more and more but they just stopped working for me. A friend of mine had xanny bars and even two of them really didn't have much effect, if any. I figure this is due to tolerance, but maybe i'm just one of the unlucky people that don't get much from benzos? I'm not looking to get high or anything i actually want to use them for their intended purpose lol. So,
1. By the time i'm off the subs (probably a long time from now), or my doctor allows me to use them, can i expect to get some relief? Its been a couple months since i've taken any at this point. Though i have taken about a month and a half off from using them in the past and still seemed to have the same tolerance.
2. Would i possibly benefit more from something like valium that also has the muscle relaxing properties as well?
3. Are there any other alternatives i can discuss with my doctor for anxiety while i'm taking the subs?

Tolerance to benzos can take a while to go away, but it varies, based on how long you were on them to begin with.

Yes, they will have more relief when you are coming off of Suboxone.
I also agree, Valium would be better than Clonazepam in my mind, and for most other people too. I just don't like clonazepam.
Atarax / Vistaril, main ingredient: hydroxyzine. I think this is really good for anxiety issues. You can also ask about something like gabapentin, pregabalin, or baclofen. I haven't tried any of the later three here, I prefer hydroxyzine.

Anyone have some info about Midazolam (Dormicum) dosing, it is pretty rare it seems and searching doesn't give me the information I need like cross-tolerance with other (hypnotic) Benzodiazepines, and Erowid only had 3 experience reports. :(

BTW: nice thread! :)

Halcion and on and on and on... ey? =D

-- Peace o/

Will taking cimetidine while using benzos (kpins specfically) throw my tolerance out of wack?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what your tolerance is looking like now, how often you take it, and the dose you take.

Hm. Well i dose 3 mg of klonopin once a week, or every other week, just for recreational use. So should i go with 400mg cimitedine (sp) with 1.5-2 mg's ? Any advice would be appreciated. :)