Bluelight

Thread: full or partial effects of crushed xanax XR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    full or partial effects of crushed xanax XR 
    I am taking my new XR xanax BY THE BOOK, so if anyone has 1st hand experience with crushing (and taking) an XR pill, please let me know how this worked out. Preferably, I would like advice from someone who knows their reaction to xanax very well and doesn't have a huge tolerance (or knows how to account for it).

The bottle of XR says do not crush or chew. My doc said something like "the release mechanism of xanax XR is not like that of OC, so you can't abuse them." Is it possible that crushing the pill only slightly destroys the time release mechanism instead of almost entirely destroying it like that in oxy? A friend of mine took crushed a 2mg pill and reported poor results compared to a regular 2mg xanax bar. Unfortunately this kid doesn't understand all the factors involved in the effectiveness of xanax, so he could have eaten a full meal just before he took the crushed pill for all I know.

I think my doc was completely feeding me a line about the XR xanax not being worthy of abuse by crushing (he even mentioned not snorting it, but duh...). Obviously, my xanax dosing habits were in question before I got the script today. I just want to know if I can crush a 2mg XR pill and get nearly the same immediate up and down effects of IR xanax (dosage = ?)Thanks for your help. I really want and need to take my meds by the book, so I can't run an empirical test. Any pharmacists out there? Thanks a lot.

2. Collapse Details

If you crush up your pill, or just put it in your mouth and chew it, AND you have no tolerence a 2mg pill should have you feeling it good, and have you relaxed as fuck and your mind will be all sleepy and confused a little bit. .5mg can help relax you, 1mg will help relax your body and you will also be 'sleepy', 1mg+ it will make you more and more sleepy and you will probably have a good night's sleep. It's not a bad idea tough taking like .5mg with a bowl of weed at night or at some stresfull time of day or whatever for taking your stress of and still keeping you up. I've fooled around with about 90 pills of 0.5mg Xanax pills for about 2-3 weeks almost daily, and had no adverse effects like withdrawl.

3. Collapse Details

I got the XR one time because I thought That i could crush them up and get the same effects as I do off of the Instant release, just I was hoping they would be a bit better because they come in 3mg tabs, so anyways I got em crushed em up and tried to put the powder in my mouth, no luck the powder just gelled up in my mouth and basically still worked as extended release, crushed up a pill put it in some soda trying to mix it up and dissolve the stuff a little better, still no luck.
    These things are Crazy hard to bypass the gelling up of these things and I really couldn't get much out of them so I switched back to the instant release and was much happier. Good luck trying to get the same effects you would out off these as you would an instant release. you might have some luck with getting partial effects though.......

4. Collapse Details

hmmm...

I had no problems with the 3mg tabs, I would just crush actually I would use a pill cutter to shave it down (those fuckers are rock hard). Than once it was powdered chase it down with a sip of juice.

It would hit quicker than if I took the tabs without crushing and I would still get longer lasting effects even when crushed. Its nice to be able to have a xanax feeling last longer than it normally does, but as with most benzos tolerence only takes a few days before increases are needed

5. Collapse Details

Well I broke down and ran an empirical test by chewing a 2mg XR and the waxy/sticky globs got caught all between my teeth and in my molars. After I picked all the pieces out and washed them down with grapefruit juice, I got knocked on my ass about 45 minutes later. It was not like taking a 2mg bar at all, though. It was more sedating and groggy. I would compare it to taking 3 or 4 mg xanax IR after taking a 5mg vike or perc (or one beer). As far as I can tell, the time release mechanism was not totally destroyed - only partially. The gel in my mouth was much gooier and stickier than an oxy 20, so the release mechanism must stay in tact to some extent. I am really sleepy for some reason (heavy eyelids). So, from my experience, crushing a 2mg XR is completely different from taking 2 or 3mg of xanax IR. 5mg of IR xanax gets me pretty pumped up and ready to take on the world. The crushed 2mg XR pill just made me really sleepy after an hour, and I even ate right after I took it. These crushed XR pills are weird compared to the IR. -more research needed...

6. Collapse Details

What is the best way to take the xanax xr i have like 70 of the 0.5 green ones i just wana know how i can get my worth out of them

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    in my head till 2005 now im free to wander
    crush and parachute it

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    in my head till 2005 now im free to wander
    i am very familiar with benzos and when i crush a 3 mg and parachute it , i has me feeling right for quite some time .....i have to say i kind of like them and thats surprising because it doesn't get much worse than a controlled release thats hard to bypass

9. Collapse Details
    Comments from an Amateur Pharmaceutical Enthusiast: Stop snorting Xanax! 
    Star
    I'm new here, but I just had to add a comment: stop snorting your xanax. Seriously, it's a complete waste. Xanax is not water soluble so it can't be quickly absorbed through the mucus membrane like say, oxycontin or medications that indicate subcutaneous use. You're just messing up your nose and sinuses with a whole lot of fillers and it won't absorb any faster than if you just crushed it up and swallowed it. Someone mentioned parachuting earlier, which I recommend if you're desperate. Crush it up as fine as possible and then wrap it in a small piece of toilet paper and swallow. Drink some water. The absorption will be faster and this works with most meds, I think.

I just started Xanax XR and have an incredibly high cross tolerance to all benzos, but Xanax has always worked the best. I've been experimenting and researching how to bypass the XR mechanism, but it's definitely not the same as oxycontin....I think rather than crushing the XR's, it might be a good idea to have a back up supply of Xanax IR for incidents of acute panic, unless you're trying to abuse them and then refer back to the previous paragraph.

Just for god's sake...stop snorting this shit. I understand panic attacks are just awful and you want to feel better RIGHT NOW, but snorting this particular medication is not useful.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^lol

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ktabrooks View Post
    I'm new here, but I just had to add a comment: stop snorting your xanax. Seriously, it's a complete waste. Xanax is not water soluble so it can't be quickly absorbed through the mucus membrane like say, oxycontin or medications that indicate subcutaneous use. You're just messing up your nose and sinuses with a whole lot of fillers and it won't absorb any faster than if you just crushed it up and swallowed it. Someone mentioned parachuting earlier, which I recommend if you're desperate. Crush it up as fine as possible and then wrap it in a small piece of toilet paper and swallow. Drink some water. The absorption will be faster and this works with most meds, I think.

I just started Xanax XR and have an incredibly high cross tolerance to all benzos, but Xanax has always worked the best. I've been experimenting and researching how to bypass the XR mechanism, but it's definitely not the same as oxycontin....I think rather than crushing the XR's, it might be a good idea to have a back up supply of Xanax IR for incidents of acute panic, unless you're trying to abuse them and then refer back to the previous paragraph.

Just for god's sake...stop snorting this shit. I understand panic attacks are just awful and you want to feel better RIGHT NOW, but snorting this particular medication is not useful.
    That water soluable shit with xanax snorting is kinda bullshit. We have posted studies on here on intranasal administered valium and it shows that it does get in the system pretty well.

its not something I would do and it does waste a bit more. But on the other hand it is snorting, which some people like, and it does hit you quicker.

12. Collapse Details
    Well, not entirely.... 
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by smackem View Post
    That water soluable shit with xanax snorting is kinda bullshit. We have posted studies on here on intranasal administered valium and it shows that it does get in the system pretty well.

its not something I would do and it does waste a bit more. But on the other hand it is snorting, which some people like, and it does hit you quicker.
    Interesting, but....xanax and valium are not the same drug-- while valium has a higher water solubility than xanax (which is extremely low), the water solubility of both drugs is pretty low, regardless. Taken this into account along with the fillers and that, as you pointed out, you are sacrificing some of the drug no matter how well you do it, snorting is just not all that necessary. I understand personal preference, but I think most people's goal is maximum efficacy. IMHO, f you want it to hit harder, you're better off parachuting it on an empty stomach or taking it sublingually.

13. Collapse Details

I understand personal preference, but I think most people's goal is maximum efficacy. IMHO, f you want it to hit harder, you're better off parachuting it on an empty stomach or taking it sublingually
    Depends who you're talking about. Some people here IV oxycontin when it's only about a 10% increase in BA over oral administration, so in that respect, people would rather the high than maximum efficacy

14. Collapse Details
    xanax er 
    I JUST CRUSHED UP 2 2mg. XANAX ER AND IM BENT LIKE FLINT

15. Collapse Details

damn old thread, always wanted to say that.

I have always kinda thought XR xanax was a marketing ploy to charge you more for alprazolam and to cash in on the popularity of the drug. Regular xanax was what I prefer[ed], I remember when I posted above it was one of those free sample promotional prescription. Never returned to the XR's as they were over priced.

Peace,
    Seedless

16. Collapse Details

Yeah, just for the record here, chewing these isn't a great idea because they're really hard. Crushing does somewhat defeat the time-release, but not entirely.

17. Collapse Details

Parachute? Is that when you roll it into toilet paper and it dissovled and hits right away?

18. Collapse Details

Needle
    Quote Originally Posted by ktabrooks View Post

shut up bro. no one said they snorted the xanax. they just said the doc told them they couldn't snort it. if you really were as smart as you act you would have read it, realized your retardedness, and not said a thing. <edited out some of the personal attack - Pega>
    Last edited by Pegasus; 28-09-2010 at 03:15.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bri2u2002 View Post
    Parachute? Is that when you roll it into toilet paper and it dissovled and hits right away?
    Yeah, something like that...

20. Collapse Details

didnt know anything about the xr took some last night....i was worried about how they worked .....too bad i took them before i checked here as they were only .05 i broke them in half an swallowed them ..didnt work out to well. i just wanted to go to sleep. took a long time to do anything at all. stick to ir .

21. Collapse Details

all i can really tell you 9Volt, is that xanax has a better bioavailability if taken orally

if i had 2mg of xanax, id pop 1.5 mg and snort .5 for immediate effect

22. Collapse Details

Damn this thread was very helpful. I have a huge benzo tollerance due to the fact that I abuse the hell outta them when withdrawling off opiates. I get 90 1mg IRs a month and 30 1mg xrs. Well im outta my IRs so Ive just been swallowing large amounts of the XRs hoping to get some releif, but to no effect. Ive tried snorting and chewing in the past but felt nothing. Never tried parachuting before about 10 minutes ago when I did it with two of the XRs and finially I feel like Ive actually taken xanax and the jitteriness and spasms from WDs have subsided...yay

23. Collapse Details

I have a few 1mg XRs right now. I've used them in the past, but I simply swallowed them whole as I did not believe there was a way to bypass the extended release mechanism even partially. However, about an hour ago I crushed one up (the pills are ridiculously hard!) and parachuted the powder. I must admit, it feels MUCH more like xanax IR than I expected. Still, it's not the same feeling as 1mg IR; but it comes close enough that I intend to use this method again in the future.

24. Collapse Details

i have been taking ativan for several months, recently i switched to a longer lasting benzo. Kpins make me irritated and i get mean....Xanax IR usually makes me feel full of life (3-4mg). Today i switched to the Xanax XR, i think if you are all trying to void the XR part...then you shouldnt get XR...lol. BUT- Parachute (Crush up a pill, seperate a single tissue or Toilet paper [less paper to swallow] and just fold up the crushed pill). The XR will always be a little weaker. however parachuting seems to just make you feel it a bit quicker...NOT stronger... Also new technology in some of the new pills do have that "gelling" effect. It will prevent the effects of snorting pills. This is my insight. Ill let you know how it effects me after i experiment a lil more with it.

The price for 60 Xanax 1mg XR is 172.50 in MA, insurance can bring it down to around 10.00.
    The price for 60 Ativan 1mg is 57.15 in MA, insurance can bring it down to around 10.00.
    The price for 30 Kpin 1mg is 29.65 in MA, insurance can bring it down to around 15.00.

*prices are what i personally had to pay. insurance varies.

25. Collapse Details

parachute, the best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast