Punk Fuckin Rock

BJamin

Bluelighter
Anyone else on here listen to punk rock? I see a lot of electronica of all sorts fans, which is cool, I like DnB and breakbeats and even a little jungle (from what my friends that are into that stuff tell me at least), but punk rock is my music. Do any of you have the new Rock Against Bush comp? The alkaline trio song freakin rocks! Let the discussion begin!

Yeah i like punk it is what i grew up on, some bands i like:

Bad Religion
Ten Foot pole
Nomeansno
Dead Kennedys
Minor Threat
88 Fingers Louie
NOFX
Pennywise
old Offspring
Dead Fucking Last
DOA
Dayglo Abortions
Lagwagon
Propghandi
Descendents

^Good choices.

Alkaline Trio though? lol. That's not punk. See, dark rimmed glasses, high school, and whining for more information.

I agree, I hate it as much as I hate "jamband" or "indy rock" or any of the various names for sub-genres of rock (or any style, really).

When you get down to it, good music is good music. *shrug*

Good music certainly is good music. But I happen to like the sub genre "punk" as it is known a little bit more than the rest. Although sometimes old jazz and early rocksteady/dub wins me over. REGARDLESS! I understand many people feel like it's a word that's been used in overkill and many people simply don't like punk rock. I do though. And that's why I posted this thread. And sure, alkaline trio is punk rock music. They're poppy punk rock. Just like rock and roll has it's subdivisions, punk rock does too. It's no big whoop! And I'm glad the discussions started. I grew up on punk rock and it holds a place in my heart forever as the music that got me away from all the people trying to ruin my life (for the first part of it anyway).

I like lots of the bands that you listed toad420. Especially the descendents and propagandhi. I'm glad that bands like that are playing such an important roll in the underground right now as far as influencing voters.

Punk Rock music and culture helped shape my life and values as a person. Unfortunately, like most people that were into punk rock culture as well as the music, I became jaded eventually as the redundancy of conversation, song themes, and scene life appeared; my aggrivation grew. What were your experiences with punk rock?

I like a little bit of punk/pogo-punk (as some would call it)

NOFX
AFI
Bad Religion
No Use For A Name
Rancid
Guttermouth
old Offspring
Pennywise
Dead Kennedys

toad420 said:
Yeah i like punk it is what i grew up on, some bands i like:

Bad Religion
Ten Foot pole
Nomeansno
Dead Kennedys
Minor Threat
88 Fingers Louie
NOFX
Pennywise
old Offspring
Dead Fucking Last
DOA
Dayglo Abortions
Lagwagon
Propghandi
Descendents

Fuck yeah, Ignition and thier first LP are fucking classic. SMASH is tight to.

Bad Religion is at the top of my list. AFI rocks it, Samiam, most of the bands on Crusty Demons of Dirt vids.

I like my punk pissed off at society, the government, religion...whatever...as long as they're angry. I can't stand happy punk.

I enjoy my kinds of music from classic rock to punk, hardcore etc.
My fav punk bands are:
Youth Brigade
Operation Ivy
The Unseen
Rancid
The Exploited
Dead Kennedys
The Casualties
Bad Religion
Falling Sickness
Sex Pistols
G.B.H.
The Virus
Career Soldiers
Tiger Army

"Sid Vicious Was Innocent"

threads like this make me so happy that punk is finally dead, or at least mortally wounded...

Poison Idea
Verbal Abuse
The Hard Ons

'Undisputed Attitude' by Slayer is the most punk album ever. If you dont agree, fuck you. That how punk it is.;)

listen to the band "fifteen" and perhaps start with the album "lucky"

the singer/songwriter Jeff Ott also made a solo album (kind of a 2nd also) that isn't so much punk rock musically, but lyrically it is and you will find out how badass a person in a punk rock band can be instrumentally (acoustic guitar)

after Fifteen, you simply can't beat NOFX for an all-around good punk band. twenty years and they're still solid and haven't used rediculous means to get their name out there.

Richard Prixton said:
Fuck yeah, Ignition and thier first LP are fucking classic. SMASH is tight to.

My favourite offsping songs are all definately on these 3 albums...

Is anyone a fan of The (International) Noise Conspiracy?

Definately one of my favourite bands at the moment...

My favourite band is probably Bad religion...