Punk Fuckin Rock

ForTheRush said:
I can play any punk song on a guitar you can name its such simple music. You say electronic music has no talent in it? I'd like to see you even try and figure out the equipment artist like Squarepusher, Autechre, and Venetian Snares who was even in a punk band himself before he saw the light. Sampling is for shit DJs playing in basement clubs fuckin house garbage and whatnot, I'll even admit its dancy faggy garbage. While there may be a few good punk artists most of em are too worried about image and that minimalistically loud and obnoxious three power chord fake british accent garbage to be taken seriously. Love the mow-hawks tho.....

so do you want some strung out tabs?

I have seen too many people try to no avail.

ForTheRush said:
While there may be a few good punk artists most of em are too worried about image and that minimalistically loud and obnoxious three power chord fake british accent garbage to be taken seriously. Love the mow-hawks tho.....

I can't think of a single band in my cd collection who falls into your categorisation. Maybe you need to stop listening to commercial radio.

"When did mediocrity and banality become a good image for your children? I want my children to listen to people who fucking rocked. I don't care if they died in puddles of their own vomit. I want someone who plays from his fucking heart."

- Bill Hicks

I was browsing through and didn't see anyone mention "Gaunt", all punk rockers should hear them...

Just listening to MIA--The Germs . . . Darby Crash was a fucking genius . . . or a psycho . . . probably both. :)

The Jam
The Dictators
The Living End
The Clash
Bad Religion
Damnation

^^All the punk you will ever need. %)

Originally posted by sorceror
best drummer = josh freese (the vandals/a perfect circle)
best bassist = matt freeman (rancid)

I'd say Smelly of NOFX can give just about any punk drummer a run for their money.

well i think theres a huge list of band but i think i dont read "Teen Idols" they`re great , fast punk rock to pop punk with female chorus so "pogoistis" =)

Negative said:
Mindless

Self

Indulgence

yo.

that's what i'm talking about!!!!
and i don't think i read anything that mentioned social distortion either :\ where's the love?

i am a electronica dj and producer and I love punk rock. Long before I got inot he elexctronica/dance scene I was a hard core punk fan. My favs are............The Misfits, The Subhumans, Bad Brains, The Descendants, SEx Pistols, Black Flag, the list goes on..............

^
cool as..

sublime
choking victim
exploited
bad brains
no-cash
frenzal
dk's
h2o
l.o.c.
morning.g.
black flag

strung out circa 1992-2002. No one else I really like anymore that's punk.

lostpunk5545 said:

Is anyone a fan of The (International) Noise Conspiracy?

I went to Cleveland to see t(i)nc like two years ago and I was AMAZED. very good live show, one of my favorite bands. Dennis Lyxzen (sp?) is a great frontman (great lyricist and philosopher).

also check out Dennis's old band Refused.

ForTheRush said:
I can play any punk song on a guitar you can name its such simple music.

Television: Marque Moon
Sonic Youth: Schizophrenia
Pere Ubu: Final Solution (including the ambient feedback effects)

Good luck.
Just kidding though, I like techno too.

I tend to listen to more ecclectic punk rather than strictly hard-core, though I like Bad Brains, Husker Du, Flipper, Bad Religion, Suicidal Tendencies, The Hated, and Moss Icon.

Last edited:
Negative said:
Just listening to MIA--The Germs . . . Darby Crash was a fucking genius . . . or a psycho . . . probably both. :)

ever read the book "We've got the atomic bomb" ? a LOT of it is about Darby.. kick ass book about the beggining of punk in mostly SoCal

the international noise conspiracy and refused are both, quite good.. i think...

Punk Rock

Anyone into this? I'm a Huge fan of some Pennywise, Nofx, Rise Against, Strike Anywhere. Not really much into bands like the sex pistols. Too punky for me. I'm not sure wut good new bands are out now, but if somone can give me the scoop of wut's new that's good, then start posting!!

Bad Religion.

WTF does "too punky" mean? Oh, and there are no good new punk bands.