Punk Fuckin Rock

pretty much impossible to find nowadays.

a lot of the music is shit but its still good energy and fun to sing along. i generally cycle through bad religion, nofx, adolescents, descendents, TSOL, FEAR, D.I. (not D.R.I.)

and its all so different. so many styles and sounds. i personally like the early stuff no matter what band. always has a raw sound which is great with punk.

I'm not really talking about the musicians actually, more-so the punk rock scene.
Say, if I were to go to a backyard show, the bands could be amazing but it gets harder and harder to get everyone motivated enough to get a decent circle pit going.
It gets irritating really.
Waste of my money...

pretty much impossible to find nowadays.

a lot of the music is shit but its still good energy and fun to sing along. i generally cycle through bad religion, nofx, adolescents, descendents, TSOL, FEAR, D.I. (not D.R.I.)

and its all so different. so many styles and sounds. i personally like the early stuff no matter what band. always has a raw sound which is great with punk.

punk is all i listen to anyway.

and yeah, greg graffin is probably my favorite musician of all time. has a great voice, awesome lyrics with meaning, professor at UCLA, just finished writing a book (actually about something, not the band)

LEBENDEN TOTEN, YOU DON'T LIKE IT? WELL FUCK YOU! WHY? CUZ FUCK YOU!

wat. that noise is too loud. without it though it would sound even worse. thats shit though

but this Propagandhi band, they are fuckin awesome! glad i came into this thread and discovered them!

Oh, its much much worse live >:D you're shit, fuck you :p :)

fuckin oi ?

Any punks here? street punk, oi punk, Dbeat, any kind of punk. I've always loved punk rock, great drinking music. Post some good shiet on here that I can look up! and if theres any punks out there much love, i love you crusty bastards, saved my life

leftover crack, morning glory, indk, choking victim, star fucking hipsters..... the crack rock steady beat drums on motherfuckers

When did punk rock become so safe? When did the scene become a joke?

The kids who use to live for beer and speed now want their fries and coke.
waitakere%2Brollins%2B2.jpg

vs
tumblr_l2d6kkGWDI1qb2ssvo1_500.jpg

MI0002749388.jpg

vs
corona-extra-beer-ads-greedy-three-bottles-with-lime.jpg

Welcome to:
0375507582.jpg

Happens to every 'scene'...as in, your rule less exploration of boundaries becomes a 'scene', writes down some rules, and then gets commodified. (recently saw a football team in central texas all with mohawks.) This is how it's supposed to be. As a society. The explorers venture out, find new things that are then assimilated into the group. Coming from someone who did all my own piercings and was thrown out of school for having maroon hair, the times we live in now are strange. Being 'straight' is the oddest thing you can do. Whatever. Problem is, the only thing changing is hairstyles and tattooes. Or....is it?

Anyhow, this is all covered in:
cover_commodifyyourdissent.jpg

ON BOOKSHELVES NOW!!!!!

Looks like this hasn't been touched in a while. Here's my trajectory:

Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown as my first love (blew Korn, Tool, and even my beloved NIN into last week). 14 years old.

Discharge - Ain't no Feeble Bastard This still rules. And this drummer standardized D-beat (Buzzcocks invented it - Buzzcocks - You Tear Me Up 15 yr old.

The Clash - Complete Control And this was the best era of my life. The Clash, The Boys, The Vibrators, The Rezillos, The Jam, and so on. Just can't beat the 77 run. 16 years.

And I feel this needs more attention - Anti-fucken-Nowhere League After my 17-18 year I got a goth girlfriend who put me onto Bauhaus, some serious Joy Division, Dead Can Dance and so on. Then my next girlfriend put me onto Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Interpol. (Edit: I know these bands aren't punk. Aside from the League).

Now I'm really into the Gun Club and KBD punk, like, try this - Shock - This Generation's on Vacation

Lastly, for those who think punk is a talentless bunch, try some Toy Dolls, you motherfucker. Or the Wipers.

Anyone else on here listen to punk rock? I see a lot of electronica of all sorts fans, which is cool, I like DnB and breakbeats and even a little jungle (from what my friends that are into that stuff tell me at least), but punk rock is my music. Do any of you have the new Rock Against Bush comp? The alkaline trio song freakin rocks! Let the discussion begin!

I don't have the new one but have the old one with "sad state of affairs", love that song. Favorite punk rock bands have to be the unseen and rancid thougb

Anyone else on here listen to punk rock? I see a lot of electronica of all sorts fans, which is cool, I like DnB and breakbeats and even a little jungle (from what my friends that are into that stuff tell me at least), but punk rock is my music. Do any of you have the new Rock Against Bush comp? The alkaline trio song freakin rocks! Let the discussion begin!

hey man im not sure if your talking about the same punk rock im talkin about with your alkaline trio referance as there not really punk wich you probably know. bbbuuuttt punk is my favorite music too i just cant stop listenin to the classics and then you got leftover crack/choking victim type new shit and some ska mixed in fuck ya thats the good shit.

I don't have the new one but have the old one with "sad state of affairs", love that song. Favorite punk rock bands have to be the unseen and rancid thougb

the unseen and rancid are some of my favorites too FUCK YA GOOD SHIT

^They rule, pretty much^

And I have to express my love for dbeat, particularly Wolfpack and Discharge.

But also, I enjoy Rancid, and The Unseen was one of my favorites 10 years ago.

ah yes punk, all time favorites of mine:
dead kennedys
black flag
circle jerks
damned
tsol
flipper
poison idea

all of the above are good for a bender.

i listened to a bunch of buzzcocks yesterday, and damn, i'm in a '77 mood!

which sort of raises the question, who the fuck wants to see the dead kennedys without jello biafra?

also i cannot explain my mysterious exclusion of the wipers on my list further up. my inclusion of tsol equally mystifies me.

Last edited: