[14] Misinformation by BilZ0r

Cactii said:
Drugs have never killed anybody, its stupidity that kills people. Its like saying cars kill people, i never met anyone who was struck down by a car without a stupid driver it in.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think you are mistaken here. One does not need to be "stupid" in order to get into a car accident. Things happen. Things can go wrong, and no matter how smart you are, you are not invincible. Same goes for drugs. I hate when people get so much into the mindset that drugs are not bad, that they completely disregard the risks. THERE ARE RISKS, and things can go wrong. I'm not saying drugs are terrible, i'm only saying that we need to be realistic here, and admit that there are risks, and we are not invincible. And BTW, drugs have killed people.

Just curious why it has to be labelled as 'dangerous/incorrect information' when someone decides to do something like combining 35mg 5-MeO DMT with an MAOI? More often than not, it's got nothing to do with the quality/accuracy of the information available on harm reduction sites and everything to do with people simply behaving like utter fuckwits. In a lot of cases, all the information in the world wouldn't make an iota of difference in the amount of drug (or combination of drugs) that someone takes. Just because the UK 'Highway Code' gives stopping distances for 50 & 70mph doesn't mean that it's a recommendation for everyone to drive at those speeds.

Idiots will be idiots regardless of the volume or accuracy of harm reduction information available from any site.

I agree, the point wasn't that erowid.org has false information, rather just a reminder, that if you even come close to giving dangerous information, people in the real world can die, and it can have an impact on the website involved. (Not that they wont do it anyway...)

You know, just a reminder.

A constant balance between protecting children and creating a world worthy of housing children and what they become. What percentage of children (as many say, the "retards" who abuse drugs absurdly, but also children in general) dying from drug experimentation is acceptable to maintain degrees of freedom for the individual inside all of us. This is incredibly complex in a neighborhood of 6 billion+ people. (Or in any neighborhood). Drugs allow us to reach what many believe is the center of ourselves, be it hedonistic pleasure or insight. Should your willingness to risk drug-taking allow the advertising of drugs to everyone?? There is no exact answer, just food for thought.