View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, despite my reservations about 5-methoxytryptamines, I gave 5-methoxy-N,N-diallyltryptamine a go for the first time yesterday. I was very pleasantly surprised...

15mg produced a slightly stimulated state, but unlike that caused by amphetamines (more like somewhere between methylphenidate and MDA). It came on fast (alert at 10 mins - chugging along happily at 40 mins), but to my surprise, no gut troubles. I can see why people compare it to MDMA in the initial effects it produces.

I think peoples dissapointments with this compound stem from the fact that they're expecting a full blown 'oot ma heed' tryptamine type effect. I'd say this is to the tryptamine psychedelics what 2C-T-21 is to the phenethylamines - it's never going to be an earthshaker, but once you accept it for what it is, it's damn pleasant (and in no way threatening like how psilocybin or 5-methoxy DMT can be)

its for ichthyophiles, ie fishheads, roly poly fishheads.

the 10mg dude was feeling fishheaded, not lightheaded.

vaporising ~mgs makes you feel glasssy, swimmy and 3-d like, as in from the inside of an aquarium.

psychologically off baseline, but psychedelically lacking, no enhancement of anything but the feeling you are in an aquarium. which, ahem, i was not in.

its certainly active, but nothing noteworthy - beats a poke in the eye with a hot stick, i suppose.

addendum. another experiment with ~5mg vaporised triggered a CH episode. CH in an aquarium.

Poseidon's rusty, broken, enbarnacled trident through the left eye socket, twist, withdraw, repeat. so a poke in the eye with a hot stick may be better after all.

no desire to sample via oral.

the material which was a very light off white about the time this thread was started is now the color of brown sugar. long term stability appears to be an issue.

I've never really been tripping on this substance. Just got that feeling of something being different, nothing else, on a 20mg dose. Never got around to try it at higher doses, but I just might do that sometime.

I'm a bit scared off by the massive dose required to trip compared to other common 5-meo's.

The fact that 5-meo's are agonist to receptors other than HT2 and produce signs of collateral bodyload/distress is enough to steer me away from this one (for now at least). But it does look interesting.

samadhi_smiles said:
I'm a bit scared off by the massive dose required to trip compared to other common 5-meo's.

The fact that 5-meo's are agonist to receptors other than HT2 and produce signs of collateral bodyload/distress is enough to steer me away from this one (for now at least). But it does look interesting.

That was one of my primary concerns with 5-meo-dalt also, but in all the info I have found, there are very few mentions of negative effects, other than the massive ooverdose on erowid.

I tried it for the first time yesterday. In fact, this was my first RC experience. My initial dose was roughly 20mgs(didn,t accurately weigh) and I found the best way to describe it is 'psychedelic lite'. It kicked in very quickly;I'd say 20 minutes or so. Also very manageable, easy to communicate on it. All the usual descriptions of effects were there; slightly lightheaded, drunk feeling; no visuals to speak of. Some slight flashing, fluidity type things, but that's it.
Some slight tension in the neck, jaw, and back. Was all over in three hours. I really enjoyed it as I don't take acid or shrooms anymore. But I became interested in RCs and had to try one. Also, I think it would make agreat booster for trips that might be lagging. One final editing note; I wholeheartedly am in favor of responsible use of all psychactive substances. This one in fact, is an excellent tool to use in combination with sitting meditation(zazen). I do not use psechedelics to party or get high like when I was in my teenage years. That kind of use can exact a heavy toll that can take a long time to heal.

Last edited:
Just as a curious sidenote, using neurotransmitters as metaphor, there was something written by a person who noted that any and all 'standardized tests' have been created within a framework of the 'dopamine' system rather than the 'serotonin' system and as such are not complete accurate systems to test a wide variety of personalities/types of people (nor can they be an accurate measure of intelligence in ANYONE).

Has anyone tried rectal administration with 5-MeO-DALT?

I was thinking about titrating this one via that route...something to the effect of 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, and 25mg doses. I've already taken it orally at 4mg for no discernible effect. I probably won't ever get around to it though...lots others demand my relatively limited amount of tripping time.

Yes (what a surprise eh?) at 15mg rectally and to be quite honest it's a bit of a non-event of a drug, especially as I'm generally very sensitive to tryptamines. Gave what I had left away to see if anybody else could get anything worthwhile from it...

I put forward this theory of emotional growth and maturity being an important part of HPPD symptoms some time ago on this forum and was effectively told bollocks (without any data to back bollox up with !) sinmce then I have had the opportunity to find several heavy psychedelic abusers of ages late teens to early twenties which (subjectively) support my theory !

And me! With what happened to me in my acid days (daze?) of my early 20's compared to how I react to psychedelics exp acid these days, I was a comparable auld get to use for comparison in your theory!

FB, did you feel like if you had taken more you could of gotten more out of it? If it potentiates it 2x (which is doubtful) then it might compare to 30mg, which is still under the dosage some have said it is best at (two reports in particular are talking about 50mg dosages).

Did you try it orally as well? If so, what did the 15mg compare to?

I did try it orally at about 25mg (as I said, I'm sensitive to tryptamines) but it was just as uninteresting. Funny considering N,N-diallyltryptamine did more than that when smoked (like DPTs little brother)

It seems to act as a partial agonist in that the effects plateau early in the dose. I have found this to be the case with 5meoDIPT as well. Of course, with massive overdoses, one wins out (usually the agonist), but the effects of both seem to plateau at a certain dose and stay there for quite a large dose range before getting dangerous. Of course, unlike 5meoDIPT, i have not tested higher doses, having onl acquired a small amount of this compound years ago and having used it up. 30mg was very much like 20mgs, and consisted primarily of a strong tryptamine buzz with no visuals and minimal sexual enhancement. A bit of a letdown like 4meoMIPT.
As a sidenote, there was a substance produced once - alphalmethylDIPT, which seemed to be a verry rapid antagonist of tryptamines. If smoked, it gave a short rush, but then blocked its own effects, as well as dampening the effects of other tryptamines. In this sense, it could also be an antagonist at the 5ht? receptor(s). This could be occuring with other appealing structures and account for some compound's inactivity. Kratom alkaloids also seem to antagonize the effects of tryptamines...4meoMIPT is also possibly an antagonist, and this time this theory will be tested..

^^^5-MeO-DIPT has been implicated in a few deaths, but IIRC every one has been from a high dose in a cocktail with other substances.

I just Big and Dandified this thread, since I noticed we have no B&D thread on 5-MeO-DALT. Cleaning it out was extremely difficult due to the huge incidence of bickering and arguing about psychedelic availability earlier on (in years past). Let's not let it return to that state! :)

I used 5-meO-DALT twice orally at +/- 15mg and once orally at +/- 30mg (I don't actually remember as I don't keep notes usually) to little effect... well, there were typical energetic tryptamine tingles...a certain kundalini restlessness and a mild sparkle, but nothing major. Another time I attempted smoking almost 50mg to little effect, I fact I think the heat destroyed the molecule completely - it charred instantly. So seems it's a mildly active, subtle molecule with a tendency toward uninteresting.

Got only little left, and as I am more of a collector of experiences than of actual drug specimen, I guess rectal is the way to go ... Will report back here when this has been achieved. :)

I tried this three times in the past week and yesterday I dosed twice. The second dose I insufflated more than 50mgs. It was very enjoyable and I felt no toxic side effects. It did last a bit longer(about four hours). The end of it just before the rapid dropoff was very mdma like in that there was an incredicle sense of well being and mental stimulation with a simultaneous body relaxation(sort of like I just happily sank into the couch feeling). About a half hour later it just unevetfully and rapidly dropped off to nothing; no long drawn out annoying comedown. I went to bed an hour later and woke up feeling completely normal- no hangover despite overdoing it a little yesterday. I really think this a great compound- although alot of people seem to not like it.=D

Sounds good to me. I think the reason people don't like it is because it's subtle and they're looking for something in-your-face. It sounds reminiscent of 5-MeO-MiPT and 2C-T-21, from what I've been hearing, except evidently even more subtle.

Last edited:
dbailey11 said:
sense of well being and mental stimulation with a simultaneous body relaxation(sort of like I just happily sank into the couch feeling). About a half hour later it just unevetfully and rapidly dropped off to nothing; no long drawn out annoying comedown.

While I am not as enthusiastic about it as you are, I must say my most recent experience (I am now at T+4h) with approx. 25mg plugged wasn't unlike what you are describing up there -though I wouldn't call the feeling "incredible" as you have done. It is a mild entactogen for me, I got into making music a bit and felt at peace. Later I was happy just sitting and noticing that I wasn't exactly "tripping" - more of a feeling like I've just had a nice cup of maté tea, or something, with a very subtle emotional, cognitive + colour enhancement. Also got really hungry on this within less than an hour, and had lots of nice vitamin-rich fresh food.... seems there's a number of very mild-acting tryptamines out there (the one that comes to mind is 4-MeO-MiPT) that make me feel very nice physically to the point of stimulating my appetite in a healthy way totally unlike the silly undisciplined sugar munchies I get from cannabis.

If it was available and super affordable, I could imagine taking it to go shopping - which is what they say 2C-T-21 is suited for as well... as is 2C-TFM (though that was way more cognition-enhancing and euphoric). It is nothing like 5-MeO-MiPT for me - that one tends to disorient me and make me a bit edgy.

addendum to above experience: no negative after-effects whatsoever. Feeling impeccable today, physically and mentally fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.