View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
plugged a tiny amount of olive oil, in which the 5-meO-DALt dissolved readily. 10-15 minutes max till the mild butterflies started... it never really REALLY came on fully... suddenly it was there but it was so mild at first... actually it was mild throughout. I could have easily driven a car if my life had depended on it or gone to work and not have anyone notice I'm on anything. If anything, they might have thought "Oh, he's in good spirits today - more relaxed and mildly humorous with a warm edge."

Did you feel like more would take you higher or is this about what this chemical is going to do?

I'm getting more curious about this, but I still don't ever think I will get around to it. Maybe somday.

I'm a little naive, but why wouldn't it dissolve in water? You had freebase? The kind I have is pure snow white powder, which I'm fairly certain is the HCL.

Peace

/\ I am not experienced with telling a freebase from a salt as I am a chemical novice really. I know that a freebase won't dissolve in water, and that a salt will do readily. The 5-meo-DALT I have doesn't dissolve in water that readily... white bumps are left... but it also doesn't float in water with this scum on top like some other compounds I have that I know to be freebase. So I really don't know if it's a salt or not. I guess it might be a salt though.

Basically I just couldn't find my syringe and so I thought I'd use oil instead and just use my finger. Not sure whether absorption right at the end of the intestinal tract is quite as effective as a few inches up, where it would go with the water from a syringe. Are there any reasons to avoid oil when plugging salts? Just wondering if we might benefit from some big and dandy Plugger's Delights Thread in PD? ;)

Found myself looking at my remaining 85mg of 5-MeO-DALT today after licking the bag it'd been kept in, and it has the brown sugar colour mentioned earlier in this thread. And I am wondering what to do with it... plug a whopping dose? (i.e. 40 and if it feels good add more?)

An odd compound really.

Ximot said:
Just wondering if we might benefit from some big and dandy Plugger's Delights Thread in PD

Good idea! As such, I have created one (or I will momentarily). Except not with your exact suggested name =D

/\ that would be a pretty biased title, wouldn't it? :)

I actually plugged 35mg of 5-meO-DALT about an hour ago. And perhaps it was because I'd had 19mg rectal 2C-D 4 hours prior (which didn't seem to do to much beyond threshold somehow) but I had an incredibyl steep come-up. Well, physically more than mentally. But I started feeling extremely lightheaded and unwell and a bit tense and started worrying about possible interaction and about dosage. So after about 10 to 15 minutes I loaded some activated charcoal powder mixed with water in the syringe and shot that after the 5-MeO-DALT to avoid it getting any worse. The physical unpleasantness soon got relieved, and after a joint I suddenly found that I was extremely hungry, and so I had me some nice hot wholesome healthy soup and, after making and eating that, I must say I feel perfectly fine and actualyl have a nice body high. And I can tell I am already past the peak with the compound. In terms of physical (and thus mental?) edginess it reminded me of my first 4-MeO-MiPT experience, and it was borderline psychedelic if that.
It's true what Shulgin's report said about the closed-eyes activity that kinda goes away almost completely with eyes open.

(off-topic starts)
The weird thing is that 19mg rectal 2C-D didn't do much for me today, whereas 22mg of it orally (same batch, and I have no reason to believe it has lost potency as it's been kept airtight and dark and cold) gave me an incredibly strong experience on many levels, the first time ever I tried 2C-D. It had never been that strong after that, but I thought 19mg would do more.
(off-topic ends)

My wife and I like 5-MeO-DALT. We've only taken it up to 20mg on several occasions, but it didn't feel to us like higher doses would be really worth it. I couldn't really describe the experience, it's just a subtle tryptamine-like buzz. We usually get hungry on it. Once we took it not too long after a really big meal, and although it took much longer to come on, the experience actually seemed better than usual. Sex is good sometimes, sometimes nothing special - movies or television and conversation with friends seem to be good uses.

I'm concerned about this degradation issue! It's been a while since we've used it. Two different batches have now been removed from their freezer storage to check on their condition.

Ximot said:
(off-topic starts)
The weird thing is that 19mg rectal 2C-D didn't do much for me today, whereas 22mg of it orally (same batch, and I have no reason to believe it has lost potency as it's been kept airtight and dark and cold) gave me an incredibly strong experience on many levels, the first time ever I tried 2C-D. It had never been that strong after that, but I thought 19mg would do more.
(off-topic ends)

Congratulations on winning the 2C-D lottery! :) I did too at 26mg the 2nd time I tried it. A special experience I will never forget.

* edit * Neither batch of 5-MeO-DALT was degraded in color. My storage method seems to be working well!

Last edited:
You would need to convert it to its freebase form to smoke it, right?

Has anyone tried IV administration?

Does anyone know approx. dosages for smoking/IV'ing?

I'm interested in hearing about any experience others might have with combining 5-MeO-DALT with entactogens or other psychedelics. We've been tempted a few times to try something along these lines, but a subtle note of caution has always appeared in the back of my mind to talk me out of it. Even this, the gentlest of the 5-MeO's, feels like it might be somewhat dangerous in combinations.

bitter?

the kind I had was sparkly white, pure white it literally sparkled in light-

I think it may have given me chemical burn on my tongue a few nights ago- I licked 20mg and then my tongue went numb and really slick and burned a while-

weird?

I've gotten a similar chemical burn feeling from 5-MeO-MiPT, 2C-B, and 2C-T-7. And AMT... but don't ever just put AMT freebase in your mouth and hold it there! I think that actually DID burn me. 8o

I've got a similar conditioned response I have to harmala alky's now with 5-MeO-DALT - whenever I think about it my face tightens up into a grimace - it sucks!

gel caps for me with this one!

I've never tried that one - but 5-MeO-DALT is comparable to 5-meO-DiPT and 5-meO-MiPT, both of which are the worst I've tried-

What surprised me is a friend told me it is not very bitter at all and can be held in sublingually without much discomfort-

I couldn't imagine holding that stuff in my mouth and not having my mouth go numb with chemical burn-

No other chemical can even compare to 4-ho-dipt. Makes san pedro tea seem like fine wine by comparasin.

Really - I don't see how anything could be worse than 5-meo-dipt - it is about as bad as I could concieve a chem burning-

4-HO-DMT is also pretty damn bitter - makes everyone make this funny twisting cough grimace face-

5-meo-dipt is sweet by comparasin, 4-ho-dipt lingers.

I have to agree I love to see the looks on peoples faces from those tiny little piles of powder;)

Egor is right... when I tasted 4-HO-DiPT, I was actually concerned that I had damaged my mouth for a while, and seriously wondered whether what I had taken was poisonous or not. The taste was alarming... sent off all my instinctual warning bells. It was by far the worst chemical I've tasted.

And I don't find 5-MeO-MiPT to be that bad at all, really. 8o

Ximot said:
Found myself looking at my remaining 85mg of 5-MeO-DALT today after licking the bag it'd been kept in, and it has the brown sugar colour mentioned earlier in this thread.

After reading through this thread since my last contribution, I do hope you washed your finger after plugging it and the brown colour isn't due to some 'colouring' agent tainting the 5-methoxy DALT! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.