• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

" The magical half dozen "

I read somewhere (maybe Shulgin) that a lot of the body load/side effects from 2C-T-2 are due to psychosomatic factors; 2C-T-2 dredges up a lot of deep emotional material and in cases where it proves difficult for the person, it gets expressed as physical symptoms as they're easier for the mind to deal with than coming 'face to face' with whatever harsh truth has been brought to the surface. I'd say that my experiences with 2C-T-2 pretty much bares this out - initial uncomfortable emotional material rapidly becomes gastric distress in my case (it also happen, with me, after taking LSD)

^that actually happens to me too mostly on LSD.

The PEA's iv tried are: 2cd, 2ce, 2ci, 2ct2, mescaline (via p. torch)

The only 2 i would put in the magical half dozen would be 2c-e and mescaline.

2c-d even up to 80mg oral didnt impress me too much. Actually around 28-30mg of 2ci was a much more powerful trip with crazier visuals that at times reminded me more of tryptamine visuals.
But i wouldnt put 2ci into the magical 6 either because it was only interesting at high doses which felt bad on my body.
2ct2 was ok.
mescaline was beautiful. i ate 30g of dried peruvian torch skins. Great trip with lots of euphoria, slight visuals, and just as insightful as LSD or mushrooms but in an MDMAish sort of way. (you know what i mean?)

my other 4 would probably be DOM, 2ct7(some day soon), DMMDA, and i cant really think of a 6th one so im going with MDA.

While I very much believe some issues relating bodyload and/or nausea can be tied to psychosomatic factors...as far as my experiences with 2C-T-2 (which includes sharing it with a few others) this is not so. I've taken 2C-T-2 on some very happy days, during very happy occasions, and still got quite sick. Others with me also noted the extreme nausea this one produces. Actually, the nausea produced is rather similar to 2C-T-7's...however in that case of that one...it is worth it...and in the case of 2C-T-2, the experience provided just simply isn't worth the discomfort.

On a slightly related note, I do wonder if unconscious psychic material was responsible for the major discomfort I experienced with 2C-N. No other reports of 2C-N mention what I experienced.

A lot of long, lost memories of childhood surfaced as 'brain movies', a sort of waking dream. Compared to many other people, my childhood was rather good and free from drama. But I guess revisiting all of that forgotton time can be overwhelming!

Or maybe 2C-N and 2C-T-2 just makes me sick, and the rest of the PEAs (save for T7) don't. :)

Just some thoughts to add.

Seems to me that although Shulgins experiances are definately helpful, it definately doesn't apply to everyone. I know the first time many people took 2c-i they were not thinking "ah, I'm very centered right now", but were instead thinking "holy shit, look at the sky! Dude, I'm fuckin trippin my balls off!".

The rarer 2C's have their place in this "magical" territory; as some have already mentioned, 2C-D's duration and overall presence is very welcoming, and I have, but have yet to sample, ~10mg 2C-T-21, a phenethylamine that has yet to be mentioned here. Has anyone not found this experience prolific? I've heard it can be quite intense and lasts 8-9 hours according to PIHKAL, if I correctly recall.

I guess the problem is that it's so incredibly rare, comparitively. I'll letcha know what happens when I sample this one.

The whole question depends on whether one is looking for pleasure, distraction, euphoria, introspection or transcendence.

I read somewhere (maybe Shulgin) that a lot of the body load/side effects from 2C-T-2 are due to psychosomatic factors; 2C-T-2 dredges up a lot of deep emotional material and in cases where it proves difficult for the person, it gets expressed as physical symptoms as they're easier for the mind to deal with than coming 'face to face' with whatever harsh truth has been brought to the surface. I'd say that my experiences with 2C-T-2 pretty much bares this out - initial uncomfortable emotional material rapidly becomes gastric distress in my case (it also happen, with me, after taking LSD)

I find 2ct2, alongside LSD and yage, the most rewarding of the psychedelics. It does involve some serious what-the-fuck-am-I-doing? sort of thinking. 2ce I also find pretty rattling (in a good way).

The soul and the gut are two sides of the deepest essence of being. I found a bout of Norwalk virus very much like a trip. Horrible, disgusting, and very centering.

2C-E and 2C-T-2 are incredible psychedelics. Definitely up there in that magical half-dozen for me. Both provide very different experiences in the nature of how they manifest, yet both are so incredibly profound.

2C-E, when taken at high dosages, is absolutely spiritual. I like to take this one in nature, away from knob-heads who's ego destracts the experience away from it's true potential. Going out in nature, among the woods, staring at the stars, the holographic nature of reality just manifests right there, and it's no wonder the mazatecs/aztecs/mayans were such good astronomers. Everything links up perfectly with holographic sacred geometry, you can walk through in 3-D, like a slow version of DMT. Incredible.

2C-T-2 is just as entheogenic, divine, in that it connects me with all of my chakras and opens them all up in synchronous order for a complete 'chakra-shower' (as I like to call it). It's like a whole body/soul massage, almost erotic, extremely tactile. But most incredible of all is that it is probably the most synaestheticly real psychedelic I have experienced. The open chakras simply let the flow of sound, vision, tactile sense, gustatory, olfactory, third-eye vision to flow in sacred geometry into the chakra-shower and just blend in. It's so unbeleivable it's hilarious, laughing so hard is so joyous at the fact that reality itself is flowing through your body in geometrically synchronous ways and cleansing you out. Wow, what an incredible psychedelic. A real cleanser.

I have yet to try 2C-T-7, but I have no burning desire to do so. I would, however like to try Shulgin's other notable chemicals - 2C-C, and 2C-D, as I feel that yet again most people are either underdosing these ones and reporting poor effects, or do not have a good psychedelic mindset of exploration to find the nuances and work with them to make them magical.

These Mescaline derivatives certainly have something Earthy about them, something tied to Gaia, and a desire to connect with mother earth; our holographic nature and our place in the cosmos, and the nature of the universe outside ourselves, including ourselves. Tryptamines tend to be tied to the warm loving nature and punishing lessons (depending on chemical and set/setting) of hilarity and the weird, absurd characture of everything around us, culturally, socially, and cybernetically.

My experieces with 2C-E and 2C-T-2 have been with doses that are far too high for most people I know to handle - I seem to be somewhat of a phenethylamine hardhead, in that I need at least 3X the dose that would face normal people just to get me to a state of tripping. But I do like to go in deep. I don't see the point of taking a psychedelic if you're just going to lick the spoon.

Oh, and if tryptamines are counted, 5-Meo-MiPT is right up there. Again, needs to be taken at far higher doses than people are reporting, this is where it really shines. The exuberance of utter positivity and bursts of love and colour are absolutely insane on this one, it really is the stuff for having a smorgasbord of pure sensory delight. Ravenous for deep, lush colours, explosions of gustatory delight eating like we should be, and a completely lucid, clear vision with love for everything. What a drug.