• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids shooting morphine

Negrogesic, isn't it strange that docs will give out MSContin like its candy,but trying to get MSir is liking pulling teeth! The people who miss out are those who have a weakness for morphine and have to deal with MSContin...too bad

Its because they know the vast difference between the immediate and slow release forms. Plus ms contin is pushed ALOT more by the drug companies. But ms contin, even for strictly pain patients, is worthless, the composition of the pill makes it very hard to get pain relief, save euphoria......

All I can tell u about morphine is I dont like it compared to demerol or fentanyl IV, those are warm were morphine has a cold prickly rush.

morphine always makes me feel warm when i IV it. i love the rush you get from it, and the way lights will just dim all of a sudden when it hits you and your pupils contract. i've never tried IVing fentanyl or demerol so i can't compare it to those.

^^^^I agree.

Trinity what are you talking about! I have ived many different formulations of morphine (from ms contin to ampules) hundreds of times, and morphine has a very distinct, and very WARM IV rush, almost too warm. When you inject it, you feel the drug spread throughout your body, limb by limb, you feel the warmth spread. Sometimes with huge doses, my face, arms and chest turn bright red and splotchy, i get that flushing feeling, and i just feel very hot. Even with instant release oral solution, morphine evokes a warm feeling. This happens with heroin to a lesser extent, as heroin is a product of morphine and shares many of its characteristics, especially tar, which has some unreacted morphine in it, and alot of 6-monoacetylmorphine (sometimes it doesnt have any DAM whatsoever).

If i were to say any IV opiate was warm, it would be high dose morphine. I have injected virtually ever conventional (and some unconventional) opiate/opioid that you can think of, and many that you cannot. And from all these injections, ive found morphine has one of the warmest rush. And as i mentioned, even instant release morphine oral solutions creates a sense of warmth. This is somewhat a product of an allergic histamine reaction, but everyone responds differently to this allergic reaction, and some are more prone to it than others. It generally doesnt happen with therapeutical or "medicinal" doses, but it definately happens with LARGE IV doses. Fentanyl, in high doses can give a false sense of warmth and profuse sweating, while infact your body temperature is dropping.

So while it is somewhat subjective, everyone has an allergic histamine reaction to morphine, just some more than others. Perhaps you are the others, or you simply havent injected a large enough dose. But in general, for the VAST majority of people, morphine provides a WARM rush when injected.

If you want an example of a cool refreshing rush, oxycodone IV'ed is a good example. Its a very smooth cool rush, and doesnt cause the histamine reactions like morphine tends to do, but still can produce a sensation of warth in some individuals....

Last edited:
^try shooting the morphine in a leg vein it cuts down on the red blotching and pins and needle feelings.

i've only experienced red blotching from codeine CWEs, and usually taking an antihistamine in advance can prevent that.

And you were IVing it? No.....

Completely different. And codeine is converted to morphine anyways........

^^^^
Everyone is different but to me morphine had a pin-prick rush that went up my arm and was COLD.
were demerol and fentanyl felt warmer and more euphoric.

Never liked morphine much anyways wether it be oral or IV.

Sorry to revive this thread, but it seemed better than starting a whole new one. I have come across some sustained release morphine (30 mg). They are green and I would prefer to inject them, but I don't think I'm going to be able to because I'll add unheated (and don't cook them) or room temp. water to it in the spoon and these things turn to straight jello.
I know I'm probably going to have to waste these (eating them), but I was just seeing if anyone has some last second advice on getting this stuff into a syringe. I did a search and this thread was the closest i got to an answer, but they aren't very "chalky" or "waxy"-- it's more like they used actual jello in the manufacture of these things.
Well anyway, thanks to anyone who's got any advice (other than "Just eat them"...) on how to get the most out of these (hopefully IV)...:\

^sounds like MS Contin (aka MST) - in which case, wipe off outer coating with swab, crush & mix with cold water (about 2ml - you need heaps of water), filter with 0.8micron wheel filter & off you go. If you don't have a wheel filter, try the following - drop about 1/2 a cotton wool ball into your mix, and leave for about 15minutes. The gloopy shit should stick to the cotton wool. Try drawing the morphine solution off the top of the cotton ball (ie - don't push the syringe all the way into the ball). Be careful not to use too much cotton wool, or the whole lot just soaks in and you can't get it out! This method is far from perfect - but should be reasonably safe for the odd dabble.

btw - the prickle rush (see above posts) can be reduced by injecting slowly

Qiuck morphine comment: When I was in Warsaw, PL, I bought some brown liquid called "kompot". The guy says its a boiled poppies extraction. Anyways, I took a big shot of this stuff, I recognized the rush by the pins and needles feeling, I also got 'the taste' like never before, and my heart started thumping and my body temp increaced alot.
Overall it was okay but the morphine rush and high is inferior to that of heroins.

ah, right, i remember a polish Bluelighter, or someone, telling us about this polish heroin. it might have been you. is it the stuff you buy off addicts themselves? or is that in germany, for benzos..i forget

^That was someone else(kryscodeine), just to be clear, it's not 'heroin' it's cooked up poppy pods and the buzz is similar to morphine not heroin. Yeah I did buy it off some addicts and it was a lot safer to buy that roaming the ghettos of chicago.

...I bet (esp. the south or even the west side, like around Cicero)...

Anyway, like I mentioned above, I sure wish I could find a better way to administer these morphineSR (not sure if they're Contin...), but they're the kind that turn to jello when water is added to them. It's frustrating because orally you're wasting it, you know...:\
I really don't think there is an effective method to get the morphine out of that gel.

only morphine pills i would ever inject is MS-ir's probably the 30's... there good shit

Fuck the Kadian and MS-contin

I don't know how bad I'm messing up my body, but for the past week I've been injecting the purple 30mg MS Contins about 90mg per day.

I have been using the cotton tip of a Q-TIP for a filter. I have been sucking off the time-release coating, crushing the pill into a fine powder, putting it into the spoon, filling up my syringe with water 2 times. Mixing the powder and water, cooking it until it starts boiling.
I notice the white/clear matter that floats on top of the spoon, however I take the Q-Tip and spread it apart and put the cotton in the open areas where there is water.
I then draw up the liquid solution, wait for it to cool down then inject.

Should I go about this a different way? Please help because from what I have been reading I'm going about it all wrong, however it is quite effective...

^If it works, you can't be going too far wrong. The cotton wool method I mentioned above is meant to work better than the boiling method - something about the heat trapping morphine in the wax....

btw - you aren't sucking off the coating in your mouth are you? You'll get some decent bacterial contamination that way, maybe an abscess or other infection coming up. Better to swab it off.

I have a pdf of a leaflet on injecting MS contin with photos - but it's too big to attach - pm me if you want a copy

MSContin and Kadian will both gel up when you prepare them. Instant release (MSir) tablets and especially the capsules are pretty safe to IV, compared with most pills. Of course, if you can find Morphine solution then your a lucky man.