• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids shooting morphine

DnB Momma

Bluelighter
I heard there are some morphine pills that r not water soluble. can anyone help me out and tell what morphine pills are water soluble so i can shhot them. Can anyone tell me about there expereince shooting morphine.

I know you can't shoot ms-contin because the pill is mostly made up of wax.

Most pills, be they morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc etc contain substances that one should not inject into their veins for a number of reasons.

Pills are meant for oral ingestion. They contain a certain amount of the active ingredient, as well as binders, fillers, and sometimes dyes, which basically give a pill its shape and consistency (otherwise it would just be a bunch of powder). In addition, many opiate painkiller pills contain acetominophen (Tylenol). For instance, a 7.5/500 vicodin pill contains 7.5 mg hydrocone and 500mg acetominophen, plus a couple of grams of binders and fillers. A lot of binders and fillers are not water soluble, and can clog up your veins and do all kinds of nasty things.

In general, one should not shoot pills, period, it is a very dangerous thing to do. There do exist morphine solutions which have been prepared for injection, usually these are found in hospitals and pharmacies.

There are probably ways to extract the morphine from pills in such a way as to leave out the binders, fillers, waxes, etc, but I do not know how this would be done, and I also don't know if it is permissable to post any of those procedures on the board anyways.

I heard there are some morphine pills that r not water soluble. can anyone help me out and tell what morphine pills are water soluble so i can shhot them. Can anyone tell me about there expereince shooting morphine.
Morphine is water soluble, but the wax/binders and other particles really do gel/clog up bad in the spoon.
I know you can't shoot ms-contin because the pill is mostly made up of wax.
You can shoot MS-Contin, but it's not recommended unless you have a micron filter (it's one of my favourite pills to shoot)... it does gel up VERY bad in the spoon though, making normal cotton filtering quite ineffective.
There are probably ways to extract the morphine from pills in such a way as to leave out the binders, fillers, waxes, etc, but I do not know how this would be done, and I also don't know if it is permissable to post any of those procedures on the board anyways.
Yes, the safest way to do this is to filter the pills with a micron filter, leaving a safe solution to IV... I've posted how I micron filter my pills (MS-Contin mainly) several times, and the solution always comes out very clean/clear and I haven't had any bad reactions to shooting MS-Contins yet.

Oh, and don't shoot APAP containing pills, even if you have micron filters.

Last edited:
^^^How many pills/milligrams do you shoot at once? What is it compared to as far as street H, like how many bags would equal 60mgs of MS Contin, etc.?
I have about 150 60mg MS Contin but have never attempted to shoot them because of the coating on it. Could you post the link you refer to that you made regarding this, please? I searched for it but so many choices came up with the words I used that I'd be here all day trying to find it.
After it's filtered, does it really boil down thin or is it thick and syrupy? I would think the binders are attached to the actual morphine and not just on the outside, making it more difficult.
It's a shame sitting here staring at 150 pills knowing I could do something with them other than eat them.
ANY advice?
Thanks! :)

^^^How many pills/milligrams do you shoot at once? What is it compared to as far as street H, like how many bags would equal 60mgs of MS Contin, etc.?
I would shoot a 60mg when my tolerance was reasonably low, so maybe you should start off from there (I'm assuming you shoot H, so aren't new to IV opiates) and just work your way up. Since I live in Australia, our "bags" would be completely different... but you could work it out on the weight/purity of your bags, 10mg diamorphine (heroin) = 30mg morphine.
After it's filtered, does it really boil down thin or is it thick and syrupy? I would think the binders are attached to the actual morphine and not just on the outside, making it more difficult.
First of all, don't heat/boil it... it may look like more of the pill is dissolving (well it is), but morphine is actually being "trapped" inside the wax (Flexi knows a lot about this sort of stuff). It comes out quite thin, since you have to use a fair amount of water (1.5 - 2ml per pill, makes micron filtering more effecient).

Micron filters are no-brainers to use... just dissolve your pill in the spoon, attach a needle (I use 3ml BD's with 26G tips) and draw up through a cotton filter (I use rollie cigarette filters)...

Detach the needle, attach a micron filter to the barrel, attach another needle onto the micron filter... expell the solution (already part filtered through cotton) through the micron filter into the back of a fresh syringe and shoot away.

I've written more detail explanations, but like you say, it's hard to find them :( though using micron filters are extremely simple... you just need 2 piece syringes (3ml barrels at least) so you can attach them... also you wet the micron filter before you use it, so you don't lose as much water in it.

Safe shooting :D If you got any specific questions, just ask away.

blue tinted liquid filled syringes MS IR's.

I am not a fan of the morphine rush or high (well I am probably fibbing a bit on that one) but many like it.

60 mg iv is way too much morphine for someone without significant tolerance ! (imo)

^^ I've been taking at least 180mg of MS Contin legally rx'd by the doc for over TEN YEARS now! I think my tolerance is pretty high, not to mention I shoot about $50 to $100 of H a day and usually don't feel shit! I'll feel the first two bags (which are shot together) a little bit and will get a rush, but it will only last for about five minutes. I just think the MS Contin fucked up my ability to get high because I have such a high tolerance now on such an extended-release-type opiate.
DAMN, I JUST WANNA GET HIGH....LOL

I would start with 30~40mg for your first IV attempt. Hopefully you have an IR pill cuz I know that Oramorphs are a pain in the ass to IV, not to mention extremely unhealthy. MS-Contin seems to be the same deal from what I hear.

IVing morphine is comparable to IVing heroin though the rush from H is smoother (heroin doesn't release assloads of histamines in your body). The body euphoria is incredible--almost makes snorting it seem like a waste. I would say the IV high is significantly different from railing or oral ingestion because of the rush you get from mainlining. Basically, you peak within 15 seconds and then the high tapers off over 4-5 hrs., as opposed to other methods of administering morphine which usually have a 1~2 hr. onset and takes longer to peak.

Last edited:
Contin's cannot be safely preped for IV... IR is a different story though
I'm not to experienced in chemistry, but surely an MS-Contin run through a 0.2 micron filter should be safe for IV injecting.

I'm extremely drunk and can't post for shit :(

ClosetJunkie does have a quite a tolerance... that's why I suggested such high dosage to start with... Don't believe all the naysayers... Ms-Contins can be prepared safely and injected, although the yield can often be quite low (use a lot of water).

Flexi knows a lot about pill injection (in general) and has had personal experience with injecting MS-Contin... he'll be able to clear everything up.

Last edited:
Chubba, you ever inject ms contin? Have you ever used a micron filter to do this?

I have shot ms contin hundreds of times during my self-destructive period, and i have tried micron filters with them. They simply clog the filter. Its apparent you are not aware of this, but are giving advice nevertheless. And a .2 micron filter, are you kidding? This is straight misinformation. A .2 is one of the smallest around for injection purposes, you need at SMALLEST, a .45 when shooting pills (aside from name brand diluadid), because pills tend to CLOG micron filters. I think ms contin would even clog a 1.2 micron filter. I know from experience that it clogs .2 and .45 micron filters.

According to a harm reduction site:

"MST’s or Morphine Sulphate tablets: Use a 0.8 micron (green) filter, unless you’ve got more than one pill in which case you’ll need to put it through a 1.2 micron (red) filter.

Bake or Homebake: Use a 0.2 micron (blue) filter to remove impurities and bacteria.

Opium (heroin tar) from poppies: Try a 1.2 micron (red) filter to remove plant residue.

Chalky pills (pethedine, methadone and Ritalin): Use a 1.2 micron (red) filter.

Methadone liquid: Use a 0.2 micron (blue) filter to remove any bacteria.

Amphetamine Sulphate (brown or discoloured speed): You’ll need a 0.8 micron (green) filter.

Crystal Amphetamine (white) or Cocaine: You’ll need a 0.2 micron (blue) filter."

And the morphine tablets they are discussing here are the MST IMMEDIATE RELEASE morphine tabs, and they suggest a .8 to 1.2 micron filter! With "chalky" pills, which ms contin would be considered, they recommend a 1.2 micron. But ms contin are more than chalky, they are waxy, and they would likely clog even a 1.2 micron filter.....

If you are bent on injecting ms contin, the method i explained in the "teva's ???" thread works for ms contin or any pill, i know, i have done it. But i do not recommend shooting ms contin in general, or generic oxy's.....

Chubba75 prepares his MS Contin in the way recommended by needle and syringe programs in Australia. That involves at least 2ml of water, no heat, pre-filtering the mix with cotton, then putting it through a 0.8 micron filter.

I sell numerous 0.8 micron filters every day to people who use them for MS Contin. They only run into problems with the filters blocking if there's too little water, the solution is heated, the mix isn't pre-filtered with cotton, or if the micron filter isn't primed before use (flushed with sterile water to open the pores).

To get it through a 0.2 you'd need to put it through a 0.8 first.

Sorry negro :( 0.8's are the ones I use... sorry for confusing everyone.

Like Flexi said... they don't get clogged if you follow that procedure... also my tolerance was pretty low when I was shooting them, so I was mixing 1.5ml - 2ml for one MS-Contin 60mg, hasn't clogged yet.

It takes a bit of time and effort to micron filter them correctly, but it's worth it... I hate injecting with the BD3ml+26G :( stiffest plunger ever, very hard to register.

I dont know, i guess there was just a misunderstanding.

I just dont see why you should go through all that effort to shoot ms contins, when things like msIR, generic morphine instant release tablets and to a lesser extent morphine ampules are available. Although i understand, i have shot many ms contin, when thats all that is available (or was). Nevertheless, I would never shoot an ms contin now, micron filter or not. But i didnt have the resources then that i have now, nor the self-destructive attitude, and I no longer inject much period, and when i do, its generally either ampules/vials or heroin. Not to say heroin cant be just as dangerous to inject as pills (in particular heavily cut heroin), but heroin is generally designed with the intent of injection, for the most part, and heroin of good quality should not contain many insolubles. Although there are pills like name brand name dilaudid, which i consider essentially as safe to inject as good heroin, and maybe to a slighty lesser degree msIR. But i have found morphine generics from overseas, that resemble little white pellets and have no coating (resembling those homeopathic "sugar pills" that melt in your mouth), and have a gross mass of only 40mg, but contain 30mg of morphine. These dont even require filtering, you just add water and they dissolve into a clear solution. It appears that whatever small amount of binder in these (10mg) is water-soluble, probably lactose. These seem like they were practically made for injection.

Last edited:
Fellow Bluelighters, All this talk on how to shoot MSContin with all its fillers and wax binders....if you really want to shoot morphine,forget about MSContin and say hello to MSir. MSContin is filled with a bunch of crap because its a continued release pill just as Oxycontin is. MSir is immediate release and has half the amount or less of binders than MSContin. Just looking at MSContin tells you your in trouble with its muticolored look depending on mgs. MSir is a little white 30 mgs pill that breaks down easy in water! If you have to shoot a morphine pill...MSir is the way to go..........the big problem is Doctors hate to give out MSir because its immediate release and more prone to be abused, they know trying to shoot MSContin is a pain in the butt!

Yes, get msIR. Simple to shoot. Or like i mentioned there are many generic immediate release morphine tablets made in overseas countries.....