Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Futurama

^^^ but that's old news; would such a supposedly big futurama fan get so easily confused? I HOPE NOT :(

Well, you have to remember that people who hold Futurama in high esteem generally need somebody to help them stop drooling on themselves... so a mistake is a possibility.

Us Family Guy fans, on the other hand, do most of the important stuff, and pretty much all of the complicated stuff. Mistakes are less likely.

you're saying there's a distinction between the two? we're all intelligent people here. i think that's unnecessary.

;)

You're a Futurama fan, aren't you? I wouldn't expect you to see the distinction!

Futurama is damn amazing
favorite episode is "The Why of Fry"
favorite character has got to be either Bender or the brains

Bender: "Oh cruel fate to be thusly boned, Ask not for who the bone bones, it bones for thee"

Chief Giant Brain: "Pathetic human race. Arranging their knowledge by category just made it easier to absorb. Dewey, you fool! Your decimal system has played right into my hands! Ha ha ha ha! "

it was too good to last. also at the risk of sounding like a jerk: simpsons was a brainfart compared to futurama.

I'd agree with that. The last six years of the Simpsons (at least) has been a big old load of donkey dung.

Futurama got better over time. I think season one was pretty substandard fare. Season three they really hit their stride.

The funniest moment in Futurama that I can remember has got to be the end of Fry's quest to drink his tax refund in coffee. When he enters the zone during the fire, well... that was truly great comedy.

OMG I fucking love Futurama....So much better than the simpsons.

Favourite espisode is when Bender becomes a woman to win the fembot olympics. Or I love the episode where the Futurama crew meet the parallel universe Futurama crew.

So fucking funny.....:) love it.

Who knows. There are always rumors on imdb. The forums on that site seem to be crawling with morons. The fact remains: futurama is awesome. I'd say it's better than Family Guy, and as for how it stacks up against the Simpson's, well that's one of those nerdy debates with no answer, like Star Trek: The Next Generation vs. the original Star Trek, Data vs. Spock, Picard vs. Kirk.

I'm a big dork.

Best background joke ever - in the robot church there is a banner on the wall which says:

10 SIN
20 GO TO HELL

:D

one of my favorite moments in futurama -

leela pours the vat of slurm down the drain, and fry sticks his head in trying to get at it. "i could fit too if i didn't have these damn arms!" and tries to gnaw off his arms. awesome.

and
"i'll show ye."

WacoWas AnAccident said:
Who knows. There are always rumors on imdb. The forums on that site seem to be crawling with morons. The fact remains: futurama is awesome. I'd say it's better than Family Guy, and as for how it stacks up against the Simpson's, well that's one of those nerdy debates with no answer, like Star Trek: The Next Generation vs. the original Star Trek, Data vs. Spock, Picard vs. Kirk.

I'm a big dork.

I seem to recall you calling me a nerd in another thread. Takes one to know one, I guess!

Bender is my hero. I totally want to be Bender when I grow up.

=D

Inside Move: 'Futurama' may get new lease on life
Toon with a past may get new life on Fox TV

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER
"Futurama" may live to see the year 3000 after all. Talks have begun at 20th Century Fox TV to revive the animated skeinskein, which takes place in the next millennium, much in the same way "Family Guy" found new life after cancellation.

The studio is in early discussions to put "Futurama" back in production and create a limited number of episodes of the Emmy Award-winning skein -- although it's too soon to tell where those segs might end up. A rep for 20th Century Fox TV declined comment.

The final original episode of "Futurama" aired on Fox in August 2003. But since then, the skein has found new life -- and fans -- via DVD releases and repeatedly high-rated airings on the Cartoon Network.

"Futurama" remains popular enough that Comedy Central even stole away off-net rights to the show's repeats late last year; it will switch to the laffer cablercabler in 2008.

A similar resurgence in interest for "Family Guy" persuaded 20th Century Fox TV to revive that show, which has produced two seasons of new episodes and a DVD since coming back from the dead. "Family Guy" now resides as Fox's Sunday 9 p.m. tentpole.

"Futurama" scored three Emmys in its five-season run, including the 2002 award for animated series. But it lived an unusual existence on Fox, with short seasons, late launches and long gaps between airings. That allowed Fox to air five seasons of "Futurama," even though technically only four were produced.

"The Simpsons""The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening and "Simpsons" vet David X. Cohen were behind "Futurama," which bowed on Fox in March 1999. The animated skein revolved around Fry, a pizza delivery boy who's accidentally frozen for 1,000 years. He wakes up in the year 3000 and befriends cyclops Leela and cranky robot Bender -- all of whom work for the intergalactic delivery service run by Fry's distantly descended nephew, Prof. Farnsworth.

Before "Futurama" comes back into being, however, 20th first must secure deals with the show's production team, as well as voice stars including Billy West (Fry), Katey Sagal (Leela) and John DiMaggio (Bender).

Meanwhile, even after the cancellation new "Futurama" stories have continued to be churned out via the "Futurama" comicbook, published by Groening's Bongo Comics imprint.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117935453?categoryid=1050&cs=1&s=h&p=0

According to Darkhorizons.com, Matt G has made a claim that Futurama will be back "in some form" sooner or later.

link

"Futurama" Pulls a "Family Guy"

By Gina Serpe Fri Jun 23, 3:08 PM ET

Comedy Central is going back to the Futurama.

Three years after the show last aired on prime time, the cable net has signed a deal to resurrect the former Fox animated series for a minimum 13-episode run.

Comedy Central will start airing the new shows in 2008.

"We are thrilled that Matt Groening and 20th Century Fox Television have decided to produce new episodes of Futurama and that Comedy Central will be the first to air them," said David Bernath, the cable net's senior VP.

The new episode order is part of a larger deal Comedy Central made with the production company last year, when they bought the syndicated rights to Futurama's 72-episode library.

"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience, and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library but something they've never seen as well," Bernath told the Hollywood Reporter.

The offbeat show was the brainchild of The Simpsons mastermind Groening and writer David X. Cohen and debuted on Fox in March 1999. The series revolved around Fry, a pizza delivery boy who is accidentally frozen for a thousand years. When he wakes up in the year 3000, he befriends a sassy one-eyed pilot, Leela, and a cranky robot, Bender, who both work for an intergalactic delivery service run by a distant nephew of Fry's.

In August 2003, after five seasons and three Emmys, including the 2002 award for Best Animated Series, Futurama was canceled due to low ratings.

Reruns of the show, however, were picked up by Cartoon Network, and just like cable home did with Family Guy before it, the move paved the way for a Futurama revival.

Both shows aired on the Cartoon Network and quickly built up unexpectedly robust ratings.

In 2004, Stewie & Co. were resuscitated by to Fox thanks to staggering DVD sales--the show ranks as the fourth-biggest TV series seller ever--and its proliferation in reruns.

In January of this year, 20th Century Fox began talks with Comedy Central to revive the long-gone Futurama as well, thanks to its resurgence in popularity courtesy of its second life in reruns and high--though not Family Guy high--DVD sales.

The cable net has already re-signed voice stars Billy West,
Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio to reprise their animated roles.

In the meantime, new Futurama plots can already be had in comic book form, with Groening's Bongo Comics releasing the stories.

justice prevails

Yay, more futurama, possibly my favorite cartoon. Probably my favorite series, cartoon or not actually.