• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine cocaine smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopemoney

Bluelighter
if i bought an eightball, and was able to smell cocaine strongly through the bag(the same smell you get when actually sniffing it), would this be a good indicator of potency?

i've had a friend(who does not use coke), tell me that cocaine is odorless. this is bullshit, right?

strong smelling coke has usually been a good indicator of potency for me...

Orderless... No

should have a really potent chemical smell, almost like gasolene, diesel, or some other solvent. those are the only things i can compare it to

to me it doesn't smell like any of those things. just cocaine.

i describe it as kind of a chalky smell.

would have been the same here except i left the bag sealed because i got shorted. turns out he gave me what he would have normally given me for an eightball except uncut.

nope, unfortunately

unfortunately, smell can not be a uniform indicator of good cocaine. The best way to test the quality of the cocaine is to either sniff a line or do a freeze (put a small amount of cocaine on the gums to test its ability to numb the gums-though even this is not a sure-shot test, considering other substances can contribute to gum numbing); therefore, the true and tried way is always to do a line--which goes to show why Miami Vice always had dealers pulling out the fancy stilletos and sniffing a few bumps to ensure quality of the coky-coke.

on an aside, strong smelling chemical coke usually turns out to be quite good for me...

swybs

Usually if cocaine numbs the area really good, its good stuff....starts on the pallete and goes down...it can be hard to drink your beverage sometimes when you do alot and cant feel the back of your throat swallowing...

However this is not always true now because some dealers also know some of the other anesthetic numbing agents to cut it with like procaine and lidocaine...

Re: nope, unfortunately

swybs said:
unfortunately, smell can not be a uniform indicator of good cocaine. The best way to test the quality of the cocaine is to either sniff a line or do a freeze (put a small amount of cocaine on the gums to test its ability to numb the gums-though even this is not a sure-shot test, considering other substances can contribute to gum numbing); therefore, the true and tried way is always to do a line--which goes to show why Miami Vice always had dealers pulling out the fancy stilletos and sniffing a few bumps to ensure quality of the coky-coke.

on an aside, strong smelling chemical coke usually turns out to be quite good for me...

swybs

i understand all this. if i really wanna know how good it is, i snort it. but you didn't explain why it isn't a good indicator. are there a lot of cuts which smell like cocaine?

coke can be rerocked--which would lead to a strong acetone smell (if they used acetone in steps of their procedures)...also, they could do rinses with all types of chemicals...

smell won't let yo know for sure--you almost have to sniff it, taste it at the least

i always think coke smells like gasoline. and ive been told its cuz people hide it in the gas tanks. now dont get me wrong and be like gasoline wtf. cuz its not that strong but thats kinda what it smells like.

i think it smells like acetone but thats me, for me too smell it there has too be atleast an 8ball of high quality shit... but i cant smell it at all say if its a gram of street quality.

my advice is that if you smell ether your good because they use ether while pressing the cocoa leaves to get the cocaine from the leaves and then they spread a big surface and use light bulbs to dry the ether out of the paste and it drys and becomes a powder or the take the paste and press into bricks and dry out the ether after set in the mold.

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.