• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum) cultivation

^I got the little peat pods/mini greenhouse things this time. They are getting natural light and lots of it. This has happened every time I have tried. They sprout well, then stay sprouts for a couple weeks, then die.

It is just too bad. If I could just get past this step I think I could do very well with them.

They're in a mini-greenhouse?

Poppy seedlings are prone to damping off with too much moisture/humidity. What do they look like when they die? Is the tiny little stem brown and shrivelled at the point where it meets the soil?

dsc00009hm.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Swim found these near Swim's swimming pool

^ no swimming for one hour after eating pods (you cheeky sod!) ;)
nice tassies, headdah
:)

Yeah bro, Swim will def try not to swim for at least one hour after ingesting one of these pods ;)

Afterall, this is a harm reduction site and all :)

i'm sure a 'flower arrangement' will go swimmingly :)

PS try spreading them out a bit next year, they'll be bigger and juicier if planted about ~30cm apart (or more).

LOL @ SWIM's dog's brother's swimming pool forest of pods!

Nice picture.

Lovely plant.

Good advice about spacing them out, too. They like the company of their kin when they are small, but thinning them out and giving space to develop will allow them to become fully mature and thus more enriched in profile. Much like children.

(Disclaimer: Please don't thin out your actual children)

Nice and healthy :) that intreped gardener is a lucky dude.

Still settling into a new house so no garden this season :( don't realize how precious they are until you don't see them for awhile.

Hey Christ! Good to see you around here again. You've been away from the board for a while, I think?

And yeah, it would be nice to have some garden space. A couple of acres might be enough=D

Whilst living in Europe right down the end of the next street there were flowers growing that looked exactly like these ones. Back then at the age of 17-18 or so with no internet access we had no clue what they were although we knew they could get u high but can be very dangerous especially for some kids like we were. Im just surprised the plantation wasnt raped as it was in the front of many houses. Only wish I knew back then what I know now:p Our nationality (Eastern Europeans) use heaps of poppy seeds for foods from cakes to bakery products.

Hey Cool, i grew up in Central Europe and saw the exact same thing at 17-18. I sliced them one night and came to collect the sap and put it on a coner one morning but couldnt feel anything. Id say it was too little.....oh what beautiful childhood memories. I wanna be Alice in Wonderland :) I think I will move back to Europe when I get older. I miss the culture and all.....just too bland here sometimes.

used 6 pods made it into a tea with couple shots of vodka + some vinegar and warm water. Shook it for 20mins or so.

Strain'd it, and then drank it, I drank it slow, at about half way thru the tea, I was feeling super super high, actually started to nod off. ! Did not expect this at all, as I have a high opiate tolerance atm :( but yeah, GO PODS :>

Well the actives in those pods are a mixture of alkaloids and also in its purest form so no doubt that would get u super high haha, im jelous, nothing better than enjoying something that u have created:)

*breathes life in this old but great thread*

Hey, my neighbors Iguana is planning on planting some poppies this year. Hes a bit paranoid about how noticeable they possibly are and he was wondering how much attention they grab. Iguana is planning on purchasing seeds of less recognizable varieties like Persian Violet, the Orientilis reds are just way too indiscreet. Iguana has about 10 acres of property but it is near a frequently used road just outside of town and most of the property is visible. Hemp (marijuana) grows wild here and most of the field is hemp. Iguana was wondering if people would take note of a splash of color amongst all that green goodness. Also is there any thing Iguana should purchase along with the seeds?

Growing season is starting in a few months in my neck of the woods. Iguana will be pleased with responses.

Iguanas can't do that, you talk shit.

Where abouts are you from? This is the Australian/Asian discussion. We would have planted our seeds months ago, and probably have flowers either coming up or already blossoming.

Why don't you try reading back a few pages of this 'old but good thread', you'll get the info your after.

You'd be surprised by what Iguanas do in their free time. They're very enterprising gardeners.

I live in the midwest USA zone 5a for growing. I'm aware that this thread is for AU/Asia but I have not yet run across a more open and informative thread that has been posted in relatively recently. I read through the thread closely, concealment is only lightly touched upon by a few comments that say "the cops won't even recognize them anyway". That might be true of police, but I live in a community of farmers and gardeners. So Iguanas was considering breeds that might be less recognizable, and places to grow them.

The soil here is good for poppies, loamy, well drained, and lots of nutrition. The mary jane that pops up out of the ground on its on accord grows to over 8 feet tall every year so I would say they have the right conditions. Iguanas only problem with the actual growing is other plants competing with Iguanas poppies and the wind. Iguanas hear the wind is killer on the poppies delicate roots and its always windy here, Iguanas have to find some areas that are well protected.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

If pot is growing all over the place and nobody is complaining, I don't think you, I mean this iguana acquaintance of yours, need to worry about concealing poppies.

DreamEater, read the guidelines before posting please. We don't do the silly swim or iguana thing here, it's annoying, and isn't going to offer you any kind of protection.