• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Potentiators?

I know from personal experience that Gabapentin (Neurontin) really potentiates...or even synergizes (with high enough mg of the neurontin (1200mg+) with benzos.

Definitely alcohol potentiates benzos, but its not harm-reduction , just my 2 cents.. ;-)

I think it does, "feeling the flunitrazepam erasing all bad thoughts;)", or it could just be that fluni is the best damn benzo made, IMO. I got 4mg's yesterday, and took 1mg then, wake up with no craving, but took my usual 5mg vival, and just had another mg of rohypnol to comlement my bupe shot. I drink alot of GFJ these days!

^Yes, i have to say. Flunitrazepam is quite the amazing and FUCKING POTENT benzo. i need anwhere from 8-12mg xanax to get a GOOD effect, whereas 1mg or Flunitra will get me pretty good, and 2mg will get me GOOD GOOD.

I keep mentioning Tagamet. And no one seems to be responding to this. I assumed from previous threads that tagamet is superior to grapefruit juice times 2.....at least.

Lucid.Tweak said:

Only other potentiation I have ever tried is with "Quick-Ez" antacid and dexamphetamine... Potentiation noticible. But wasn't enough for me to run to the shops for antacids whenever I want some dexies.

Dextro-amphetamine potentiated your benzo high? Are you sure...? Does anybody else have a comment on this?

I think he means that the anti-acid pills increased his dexamp high.

What really potentiates amphetamines is sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) taken around 20-30 mins before amps.

DexterMeth: Since people vary in their particular biochemical makeup, maybe GFJ just works better for you than cimetidine. But yes, cimetidine is a potent inhibitor of just about every CYP450 enzymatic pathway there is. I use it and GFJ. If I had to pick one though, it would be cimetidine, as it's also effective with the opiates/oids that I take (thus killing 2 birds w/ one stone). GFJ doesn't inhibit CYP2D6 very effectively (if at all). Here is a link to a very comprehensive chart of CYP-450 inhibitors/inducers that I posted awhile back...it's pretty interesting, and very thorough, if you'd like to take a look...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192109&highlight=CYP450+chart

bouncer said:
What really potentiates amphetamines is sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) taken around 20-30 mins before amps.

A bit off topic, but that only implies to oral use right?

^^Yes, that would be the case...also, I use baking soda to lower the stomach's pH, too (for p.o. opiates, though, instead), and I find that if you take your medication approx. 2 min. after you take the baking soda, it seems to work better (for me anyway), as your stomach will begin to produce more acid in response to the lowering of the pH by the soda. By the time 20-30 mins. are up, the pH of the stomach will be on its way down (back towards acidic)...:\

bump, this is a good thread.. I too am interested in both grapefruits and nicotines effect on xanax. I do feel that nicotine (whilest fun smoking on benzos) does diminish thier effects, but still keeps it all fun. . . :)

soundphaRm said:
DexterMeth: Since people vary in their particular biochemical makeup, maybe GFJ just works better for you than cimetidine. But yes, cimetidine is a potent inhibitor of just about every CYP450 enzymatic pathway there is. I use it and GFJ. If I had to pick one though, it would be cimetidine, as it's also effective with the opiates/oids that I take (thus killing 2 birds w/ one stone). GFJ doesn't inhibit CYP2D6 very effectively (if at all). Here is a link to a very comprehensive chart of CYP-450 inhibitors/inducers that I posted awhile back...it's pretty interesting, and very thorough, if you'd like to take a look...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192109&highlight=CYP450+chart

yeah. that was written a while ago, before i became "addicted" to cimetidine. :)

There are two classes of drugs that GREATLY potentiate Benzo's:

GABAergics Antiepileptics:
-tiagabine (Gabitril)
-vigabatrin (Sabril)
-pregabalin (Lyrica)

Muscle Relaxants:
-dantrolene
-baclofen
-mephenesin
-methocarbamol
-carisoprodol
-cyclobenzaprine

Ivanhoe said:
There are two classes of drugs that GREATLY potentiate Benzo's:

GABAergics Antiepileptics:
-tiagabine (Gabitril)
-vigabatrin (Sabril)
-pregabalin (Lyrica)

I have a script for 50mg & 150mg Lyrica's (pregabalin) the 150's were way too strong and in the AM after taking it the previous night i was very out of it, mid-sentence i'd forget what i was saying, etc. Do you know anything about it? Would a lower dose actually help my anxiety, and potentiate klonopin or chlordiazepozide?

i once took a couple cyclobenzaprine along with only 5 mgs of valium and it sedated the fuck out of me, thats definatly true. the grape fruit thing definatly works as well with valium.

Ok, I have done some experimenting before since there was no real evidence on these, so I went out on alimb and experimented. Call me Ghandi if you want.

I have taken 25 mgs of ephedrine with 4 red bulls and 2 mgs klonopin first time. Did not notice anything from the benzos nor from the sttimulant.

Did same with 2.5 mgs next day, same result.

One week later took 2mgs of Klonipin before going out (10 at night). Decided to take a quick nap before going out. Woke up at 5 in the morning, then said fuck it, kept sleeping till like 12.

Next day took 10mgs of yohimbine with some caffeine and 3 mgs of klonopin. Felt nothing.

Yesterday took 2 mgs on its own, 3 hours later felt some nice chilling effects, smoked two cigs and felt dizzy in a good way. Felt very chatty. Ataxia.

In all instances I smoked nicotine, except the day where I passed out. Did not take any stimulants that same day. Which proves, at least to me, that stimulants cancel the alcolhol-like effects of klonopin (what a shame).

Next time I will try 4mgs of k, with nothing and keeping an eye in not passing out.

My intention for klonopin is as an alcohol subsitute, that means, for weekends.

That is my report.

O-P-IT said:
Does anyone have a link of a website or something that shows which drugs are metabolized by CYP3A4??? Thanks

Check out the first link in Vicodelicious' post.

Digging up Bones..This is a very old thread. Did anybody decide the best potentiators

There is alot of interesting info here. Besides nearly having an all-out foodfight "Grapefruit War," Did anybody decide which potentiators work best and at what intervals to take them before or after your benzo dose?