• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Potentiators?

BOOZE .. that is all .. careful careful ... no A&E or ER as you yanks call it :)

A waste and a very bad feeling!

PhorIndicator said:
Dextro-amphetamine potentiated your benzo high? Are you sure...? Does anybody else have a comment on this?

IMVEO, they will cancel each other out and give you an "all fucked up in a bad way" feeling. You're also wasting your valuable dextros!

BENZODIAZEPINES POTENTIATORS

# Alcohol
Alcohol is surely the strongest Benzo potentiator. It makes any benzo feel many times stronger. Be careful because it increases amnesia too...
Best alcohol to potentiate benzos: Beer or cider, or any other low proof alcohol. Benzos+alcohol is so strong that drinking high proof alcohol such as vodka could be dangerous....

# Sedative Antihistamines
Sedative antihistamines can potentiate benzos in the way that they can -strenghten the sedation, and cause a body buzz, that can be quite enjoyable with benzos.
Best sedating antihistamines to potentiate benzos: Diphenhydramine, Promethazine, Doxylamine.

# Muscle-relaxants
Muscle-relaxants are the best Benzos potentiators, because they increase the body relaxation so much that you are in bliss. Benzos already relax the muscles. If you add a muscle-relaxant, your body will feel like cotton. Walking will feel like floating...
Best muscle-relaxants to take with benzos: from best to useless: Soma/Carisoprodol, Baclofen, Methocarbamol, Mephenesine, Tizanidine, Cyclobenzaprine, Chlormezanone...

# GABAergic drugs
Benzos work through GABA receptors. So GABA enhancers, inducers, etc... potentiate benzos greatly.
There are many legal GABAergics that you can buy on the net: Picamilon, Phenibut, Amino-GHB...
There are also pharm GABAergics: Sabril/Vigabatrin, Gabitril/Tiagabine, Lyrica/Pregabalin, Neurontin/Gabapentin, Baclofen...

# Natural products
Many natural plants have sedative or anxiolytic properties. I think they can be used to potentiate benzos with great success.
-Kava kava, is a bit like the natural benzo.
-Mulungu is incredibly cheap plant with anxiolytic and sedative properties...
-Théanine. Theanine can be found in many places, as a nutritonial supplement. It works on GABA receptors, and I think it can really potentiate benzos...

# Enzymes Inhibitors
All benzos (and all drugs) have to be metabolized and eliminated. If you inhibit the metabolism, the drug will last longer, and the effects will be stronger, because the peak will last longer.
The main enzymes inhibitors are:
-Grapefruit Juice (inhibits CYP3A4, which metabolizes most benzos)
-Cimetidine (brand name: Tagamet, OTC everywhere) (inhibits many enzymes, including CYP3A4)

#Misc. Potentiators/Ways of potentiation
-Z-drugs surely potentiate benzos (Zolpidem, Zopiclone, Zaleplon)
-Any sedating drug (Trazodone, Remeron, Elavil...) can add its sedative effect to the sedative effect of benzos. But this kind of over-sedation is not really what I would call "potentiation"
-the thing that can make your benzos feel 2x stronger, is taking them on an empty stomach. (either after waking up, or 4 hours after the last thing you ate)
-plugging benzos seems to make them quite stronger
-if you know how to do it, you can shoot -lam benzos and get an incredibly strong rush...

I'm sure there are other kind of potentiators, but I can only think of them at the moment. Maybe I'll edit later.

Last edited:
^^^ Very good points. Thanks a lot for posting. Indeed I have always found liqour to be the best, but I worry so about my liver.
Actually, I have been meaning to post this, but hell maybe I have, anyway the GF juice and Cimetedine is the BOMB! I'm also waiting on some Kava, I mainly want herbals/ OTC's and maybe scripts to increase the effect. For years I used benadryl, but all the hell it does is put me to sleep. I' just seeking a stronger, true benzo "I don't give a fuck" feeling! Darvon aka non-apap Darvocet is mentioned in the research I've done, and I think I could pretty easily get some! I'm also looking for a amphet potentiator. Baking soda doesn't work for me, and half the articles you pull up on Google, only a medical professional could interpret. Or they lead you to bullshit pharmacy sites. I've done more research on this than I've done in years! I've foung dome good sites, but I just got Vista (at home), and all my screens, toolbars etc are fucked up. So I can't use the back button and can't save any faves. I may repost this, to get more HELP!
Thanks Jason
Dexis:)

dexis said:
^^^ Very good points. Thanks a lot for posting. Indeed I have always found liqour to be the best, but I worry so about my liver.
Actually, I have been meaning to post this, but hell maybe I have, anyway the GF juice and Cimetedine is the BOMB! I'm also waiting on some Kava, I mainly want herbals/ OTC's and maybe scripts to increase the effect. For years I used benadryl, but all the hell it does is put me to sleep. I' just seeking a stronger, true benzo "I don't give a fuck" feeling! Darvon aka non-apap Darvocet is mentioned in the research I've done, and I think I could pretty easily get some! I'm also looking for a amphet potentiator. Baking soda doesn't work for me, and half the articles you pull up on Google, only a medical professional could interpret. Or they lead you to bullshit pharmacy sites. I've done more research on this than I've done in years! I've foung dome good sites, but I just got Vista (at home), and all my screens, toolbars etc are fucked up. So I can't use the back button and can't save any faves. I may repost this, to get more HELP!
Thanks Jason
Dexis:)

I updated my list.
The Cimetidine/GPF juice wasn't mentioned.... It's fixed now.

I don't know if Propoxyphene (Darvon) or any other Opiate can be listed as a benzo potentiator.
Opiates are already strong drugs by themselves, and taking them with benzos will get you higher.
But taking Coke with benzos will also get you higher, yet we cannot say Coke is a benzo potentiator...

So, for clonazapam, tagament/gf juice will work. What about nurontin at say 800 mgs? I do not take it reguarly but have a supply. also how can one IV clonazapam?

I read all this thread thruu and I obtained many much information.

Still, have some recent study made(I have found none)?

Have somebody expermented with grapefruit and alprazolam & diazepam? What have been your experince...please tell me overview.

I plan to test this combo with both alprazolam and diazepam. all them toghether with grapefruit juice.

How long before I need to take grapefruit juice to take effect????

Any experince study what ever is welcome:)

I read on numerous credible websites that says grapefruit juice will potentiate the effects of clonazepam just like with diazepam and alprazolam.

to the poster above, people normally drink the GF juice about 30-45 mins prior taking opiates so i guess the same goes for benzos?

The benzo potentiators i've used:

*gabapentin (Neurontin) - 300-600mg dose - calming effect, slightly floaty, subtle
*alcohol - wine, beer, etc - drunker faster & more likely to have a hangover
*cannabis - adds a nice edge to any benzo, not sure if it "potentiates" tho
*opiates - i'm not sure which potentiates which but they go well together
*pregabalin (Lyrica) - 50mg, 150mg doses - made me very spaced out, not fun

Never tried any muscle relaxants although i have some Skelaxin and Cyclobenzaprine and am going to try those with clonazepam & chlordiazepoxide and I will post my results.

what about clonazepam? does GFJ work on it?

Also is Cimetidine OTC or even available in Canada?

I know the empty stomach method is a sure shot for most anything, at least Opies and Benzos.

Havent felt much sublingually (under tongue)

How about snorting? Anyone crush up and rail a few clonies?

damn haha my last post up there was almost a year ago...

now it would take about 3,200mg of gabapentin for me to feel anything, and it wouldn't be much, that drug stopped working very quickly.

i now take 20mg a day of diazepam instead of 3mg of clonazepam and prefer it by far. it helps my SAD/GAD/PD much much better than clonazepam ever did. and i drink 8-16oz of GFJ a day about 45-90 minutes prior to taking my first 5-10mg dose of diazepam and it increases the effects a decent amount.
i also like to mix some beer pot and ambien with diazepam, alcohol (in small quanties can add a nice euphoric edge without making you blackout or get too wasted to function properly)

with GFJ & diazepam IMEs:

5mg feels like ~7.5mg
10mg feels like ~15mg
etc..

So any more info on the red grapefruit vs. white/yellow grapefruit juice? Would the red grapefruit juice work if it were 100% juice, not from concentrate
to help potentiate xanax?%)

Any grapefruit juice should work, and being from concentrate shouldn't be an issue. As long as it's 100% juice, and not some bullshit ocean spray 10% juice/90% sugar water.

Pop Xanax with Grapefruit Juice at same time?

Does anyone know if the grapefriut juice will still potentiate the xannies if I drink it WITH the xanax, or do i have to wait 30 min. after drinking the juice for it to increase the effects of alprazolam?

:::soundphaRm:::
-i tried to PM you but im not at bluelighter status yet!!!

...my question for you...would grapefruit juice also work with xanax XR?

i am prescribed alprazolam xr 1mg, and they seem to have almost no effect at times (with regular xanax i can take 2 mg for anxiety and pain, and feel the effects clearly)and would like to find a way to increase the effects.

i am wondering if dissolving them into grapefruit juice or something like that and drinking it will work better, and if not, how can i come up with a solution to make the 1mg xr kick in faster and more sufficiently without over doing and taking way more than directed....

PLEASE HELP!!!:D

pariet (rabeprazole sodium) also act like Cimetidine (Cimetidine$ "is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits the production of acid in the stomach. It is largely used in the treatment of heartburn and peptic ulcers")

"is an antiulcer drug in the class of proton pump inhibitors. It was developed by Eisai Co. and is marketed by Janssen-Cilag as rabeprazole sodium under the brand names Aciphex and Pariet." wiki quote

"Rabeprazole decreases the concentration of ketoconazole in the plasma (in 33%), increases the concentration of digoxin (in 22%), and does not interact with liquid antiacids. Rabeprazole is compatible with any medicine metabolized by the CYP450 (theophylline, warfarin, diazepam, phenytoin).can be safe in pregnancy"

so what would it do to opiates and benzos?

jasoncrest said:
BENZODIAZEPINES POTENTIATORS

# Alcohol
Alcohol is surely the strongest Benzo potentiator. It makes any benzo feel many times stronger. Be careful because it increases amnesia too...
Best alcohol to potentiate benzos: Beer or cider, or any other low proof alcohol. Benzos+alcohol is so strong that drinking high proof alcohol such as vodka could be dangerous....

# Sedative Antihistamines
Sedative antihistamines can potentiate benzos in the way that they can -strenghten the sedation, and cause a body buzz, that can be quite enjoyable with benzos.
Best sedating antihistamines to potentiate benzos: Diphenhydramine, Promethazine, Doxylamine.

# Muscle-relaxants
Muscle-relaxants are the best Benzos potentiators, because they increase the body relaxation so much that you are in bliss. Benzos already relax the muscles. If you add a muscle-relaxant, your body will feel like cotton. Walking will feel like floating...
Best muscle-relaxants to take with benzos: from best to useless: Soma/Carisoprodol, Baclofen, Methocarbamol, Mephenesine, Tizanidine, Cyclobenzaprine, Chlormezanone...

# GABAergic drugs
Benzos work through GABA receptors. So GABA enhancers, inducers, etc... potentiate benzos greatly.
There are many legal GABAergics that you can buy on the net: Picamilon, Phenibut, Amino-GHB...
There are also pharm GABAergics: Sabril/Vigabatrin, Gabitril/Tiagabine, Lyrica/Pregabalin, Neurontin/Gabapentin, Baclofen...

# Natural products
Many natural plants have sedative or anxiolytic properties. I think they can be used to potentiate benzos with great success.
-Kava kava, is a bit like the natural benzo.
-Mulungu is incredibly cheap plant with anxiolytic and sedative properties...
-Théanine. Theanine can be found in many places, as a nutritonial supplement. It works on GABA receptors, and I think it can really potentiate benzos...

# Enzymes Inhibitors
All benzos (and all drugs) have to be metabolized and eliminated. If you inhibit the metabolism, the drug will last longer, and the effects will be stronger, because the peak will last longer.
The main enzymes inhibitors are:
-Grapefruit Juice (inhibits CYP3A4, which metabolizes most benzos)
-Cimetidine (brand name: Tagamet, OTC everywhere) (inhibits many enzymes, including CYP3A4)

#Misc. Potentiators/Ways of potentiation
-Z-drugs surely potentiate benzos (Zolpidem, Zopiclone, Zaleplon)
-Any sedating drug (Trazodone, Remeron, Elavil...) can add its sedative effect to the sedative effect of benzos. But this kind of over-sedation is not really what I would call "potentiation"
-the thing that can make your benzos feel 2x stronger, is taking them on an empty stomach. (either after waking up, or 4 hours after the last thing you ate)
-plugging benzos seems to make them quite stronger
-if you know how to do it, you can shoot -lam benzos and get an incredibly strong rush...

I'm sure there are other kind of potentiators, but I can only think of them at the moment. Maybe I'll edit later.

well i have tried most of the above
-Théanine. Theanine? never known it to do anything i got a big container of it somewhere might have to try it does it work?
ya Z drugs are shit

also The legal ones: Picamilon, Phenibut, Amino-GHB.. well Phenibut does it makes it last longer for sure what picamilon i have used that heaps anyone noticed it increasing benzos? the amino-GHB well u get an effect if u IV it otherwise man i have eated dozens of tablets no effect other than a mild like st john of worts effects maybe or maybe placebo.

ok moving on Soma/Carisoprodol well that is an addictive good drug on it own goes well with opiates also and yes wokrs well with benzos not sure on what part of the brain soma works but i used it alot and in excess to the point were i had many seizure because of it. Now Baclofen mildly effects my benzos doesn't do much i have had 10 of them no real effect no +1, Methocarbamol just seems to make me sick the next day its effects to ligh to notice, Mephenesine well i not sure what this is, Tizanidine had heaps of this one also no +1 either. Well Cyclobenzaprine and Chlormezanone i have no idea never heard of them please explain.

DexterMeth said:
^Yes, i have to say. Flunitrazepam is quite the amazing and FUCKING POTENT benzo. i need anwhere from 8-12mg xanax to get a GOOD effect, whereas 1mg or Flunitra will get me pretty good, and 2mg will get me GOOD GOOD.

I keep mentioning Tagamet. And no one seems to be responding to this. I assumed from previous threads that tagamet is superior to grapefruit juice times 2.....at least.

rohynol man my GABA receptors must be fucked i have 8 and don't feel what eve9yone says is soo good about them. i might have the whole 30 see if that does anything.
Could i have fried my GABA receptors like what happens with meth user to there receptors? or like mdma does to seritonin where u loose the magic well most of magics have long since gone