• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Potentiators?

^Right before or at the same time seem to be the best answers...

^Sweet. What if you drink three glasses?

Also does anyone know about GABA tablets being sold in Australia? I was told they were Illegal & only available in the states.

Does anyone know about GABA tablets being sold in Australia? Also what are they like compared to say 2mgs Xanax?

GABA tablets are worthless on their own (except maybe for peripheral GABA receptors, ie muscle ones), but one or two 750 mg tablet an hour before taking some xanax does sweetly add to the relaxation/sedation.

GABA tablets are worthless on their own (except maybe for peripheral GABA receptors, ie muscle ones), but one or two 750 mg tablet an hour before taking some xanax does sweetly add to the relaxation/sedation.

Thanks, so would GABA tablets with Xanax be a better Potentiator than Grapefruit Juice?

well i popped a tagamet about an hour ago and just took 1mg clonazepam.. i was just wondering, does tagamet even work on klonpin/rivotril?

EDIT: just did a search of clonazepam in this thread and it seems to have no definitive answer.

Benzodiazepines don't bind to the same ligand receptor site on the GABAa receptor as does Gamma-Aminobutyric acid itself, instead binding to allosteric BZ-specific alpha and gamma GABAa binding sites (i.e. a1, a2, a3, and a5; a4 and a6 do not respond to traditional 1,4-benzodiazepines.) Point being, taking GABA supplements in high doses may provide additive effects, but do not potentiate (in the literal sense of the word) any benzo.

Another item I found interesting on page 6 was Captain Heroin's assertion that temazepam, lorazepam and oxazepam are not potentiated by P450 inhibition; since these comprise the bulk of the 3-Hydroxy benzodiazepines (also including lormetazepam), P450 metabolism seems to occur exclusively with nitro- and triazolo-benzodiazepines, which includes those mentioned earlier by other posters - definitely including diazepam and alprazolam, all of which I have seen the GFJ warning applied to. I've even seen it applied to clonazepam, though it has been difficult for me to ascertain just which class of benzos it seems to be a part of.

it's been 5 years since I made a post in this thread :O

~vaya

BENZODIAZEPINES POTENTIATORS
# Alcohol
Alcohol is surely the strongest Benzo potentiator. It makes any benzo feel many times stronger. Be careful because it increases amnesia too...
Best alcohol to potentiate benzos: Beer or cider, or any other low proof alcohol. Benzos+alcohol is so strong that drinking high proof alcohol such as vodka could be dangerous....

Just to add my experiences with benzos and alcohol.

First of all, definitely be careful. If you're inexperienced and have a low tolerance then you can definitely black out, not remember what you've done, worst case you'll collapse and choke on your own vomit. So be careful.

That said, I have a pretty high benzo tolerance (or rather, I go through stages of having high tolerance then not touching them for a while and my tolerance decreases). I'm pretty experienced with the benzo/alcohol combination.

My favourite time taking this combination was at a UK festival. In the morning I would wake up and take a couple of 10mg Valium to help with the comedown, and have a can of beer as is customary for me at every festival - I refuse to let the comedown take me over, I start the day as I mean to go on.

I would then proceed to wander the festival site with my friends, checking out all the random things to do (walking on stilts, live graffiti, having a bit of a dance in the reggae tent, etc.) all the while drinking exceedingly strong 50/50 pre-mixes of rum and orange juice that I brought with me. Then perhaps another 10mg of Valium. Then some more rum.

It made me messy, but in a fun way. I was up for dancing, very chatty, feeling kinda euphoric and the comedown was but a distant memory. The day flew by in a happy blur, and before I knew it it was approaching 6pm and jungle was blaring from some of the tents, so it was time to wrap up some MDMA, make sure that my trusty wrap of ketamine was at hand, and get ready to party.

Taking a bunch of benzos and drinking reasonably large amounts of hard liquor (0.25 litre rum?) and cider definitely isn't for everybody, but personally I find it to be a blast. Perhaps just have a benzo or two then start with a cold beer/cider and take it from there, being careful not to get out of your comfort zone.

Or, y'know, be sensible and don't do what I did. Either way. :D

EDIT: This other time, I took 3x 2mg Xanax after a long-haul flight, had a 2-hour nap, met some friends for drinks, ended up having 8 pints of strong cider. Can't really remember what happened after a few hours, so I basically blacked out. Apparently I was pretty much fine, just all over the place and in need of being watched. I think we even went to a club. My tolerance was pretty low then, this is when I first started experimenting with benzos. So yeah, just thought I'd throw a slightly contrasting story in there. Be careful, kids!

Grapefruit+vodka+most any benzo=

you can always count on a bunch of drug addicts to argue over grapefruit juice

While I agree with the learned advice of all discerning the "potentiation" effects of grapefruit (white)juice on specific effects while not effecting other benzos, adding a small amount of vodka into the juice would surely potentiate the hell out of most benzos! (Unfortunately, unless you want to wreck your car, step in front of a bus or fall of your porch, this is not recommended%)

what works best from least to most is grapefruit juice opiates and then alcohol but alcohol may make you black out when taken with benzos and make you do crazy shit so i don't suggest it

can someone tell me how long after taking Tagamet should you take benzos? i just took 400mg of tagamet 2mins ago and am about to take 1mg of xanax and .5mg klonopin....how long should i wait? and will it really potentiate?? pls & thank you!

Drug Interaction

Cimetidine - Cimetidine increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Cimetidine - Increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Clozapine - Increased risk of toxicity

Fluconazole - Fluconazole increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Fluconazole - Increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Indinavir - The protease inhibitor increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Itraconazole - The imidazole increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Kava -Kava increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Ketoconazole- The imidazole increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Nelfinavir- The protease inhibitor increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Omeprazole- Omeprazole increases the effect of benzodiazepine

Ritonavir- The protease inhibitor increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

Saquinavir - The protease inhibitor increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

St. John's Wort- St. John's Wort could reduce the benzodiazepine effect

Voriconazole - The imidazole increases the effect of the benzodiazepine

IME Grapefruit juice doesn't really potentiate any benzo or any opiate..... and I have tried it A LOT back in the day.... but alas came to the conclusion it just didn't make a difference drinking the grapefruit juice... (and yes i did took it the right way and even tried the "Tagamet" method).. its all just poppycock! lol :)

Ok, so I just drank about 16 fl oz. of Walmarts Great Value brand Red Grapefruit Juice then waited about 45 minutes. I then consumed three 10 milligram (total of 30mg's of diazepam) valiums. After that I waited about 20 minutes and took a trip back to the local Walmart. ;)

I was really hoping to feel way more of an effect than what I did considering this is the first time I have ever consumed diazepam and I have little to no tolerance to benzo's in general.

I take a 2mg xanax bar every now and then but even from those I don't have the effects that others seem to experience.

~ALSO: I drank the juice on an empty stomach and took the v's on an empty stomach as well.~

Could it be that I just have a natural tolerance to benzodiazepines?
Any advice?

Ok, so I just drank about 16 fl oz. of Walmarts Great Value brand Red Grapefruit Juice then waited about 45 minutes. I then consumed three 10 milligram (total of 30mg's of diazepam) valiums. After that I waited about 20 minutes and took a trip back to the local Walmart. ;)

I was really hoping to feel way more of an effect than what I did considering this is the first time I have ever consumed diazepam and I have little to no tolerance to benzo's in general.

I take a 2mg xanax bar every now and then but even from those I don't have the effects that others seem to experience.

~ALSO: I drank the juice on an empty stomach and took the v's on an empty stomach as well.~

Could it be that I just have a natural tolerance to benzodiazepines?
Any advice?

Its the white grapefruit juice that will cause potentiation, not the red ;)

And for what its worth, I don't get much from benzodiazepines either. The effects are subtle and (for me) hardly noticeable, with a few exceptions.

Benzo Potentiators

Sorry for not reading trough all the tread posts before answering and therefore this may have been said before.

A potent potentiator is the naturally occuring piperin which you find in abundance in common black pepper corn (piper nigrum). The mechanics behind this is that it make the blood brain barrier more permeable, and should therefore allow a larger percentage of the molecules penetrate it. Tested and tried!
:D

thinking about going and getting some grapefruit juice to potentiate my valium, will any 100% grapefruit juice do? or does it have to be white, golden, red etc?

edit: an ex opi addict told me golden for opiates, but then im hearing white for benzos?

Last edited:
Can you read few posts up or is it too exhausting? It has been answered there.