• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Potentiators?

Ok no one has really said so which is better 100% White Grapefruit Juice or 100% Red Grapefruit Juice which is the best?

White grapefruit is, by far. The concentrated stuff ideally is what you would get.

Would grapefruit juice potentiate oxazepam, being a metabolite of diazepam?

I would venture a "yes", because they are both probably broken down by the same pathway.

However, temazepam is *not* potentiated by WGFJ and/or cimetidine, and temazepam is the other main metabolite of diazepam.

So really I have no idea and it may or may not be. I'd have to do some research.

What's awesome about temazepam is that it has a close to 100% oral BA, and doesn't appear to use the same metabolic pathway most other benzos do.

does it matter what kind of grapefuit juice? i thought i read something about it having to be the white one? does ruby red work too?

Would grapefruit juice potentiate oxazepam, being a metabolite of diazepam?

Now that I know the answer, no, oxazepam is not potentiated by WGFJ.

Lorazepam, temazepam, and oxazepam are not metabolized by cytochrome P450 enzymes.

does it matter what kind of grapefuit juice? i thought i read something about it having to be the white one? does ruby red work too?

Both work. WGFJ is 100% grapefruit juice (better), and ruby red is less than 100%, so you would have to drink more of ruby red than WGFJ for the same effects.

any nicotine reduces effects of benzos i was told by my psycologist that if i think i have taken to many benzos to chain smoke supposedly it can save your life. and i tried the grapefruit juice fresh squeezed with 60 mg of valium and didnt notice any effect but maybe its just me id like to try it with xanax as suggested but i dont have easy acsess to them. but ive mixed doxylamine succinat, flexeral, and promethazine with clonazepam and valium and it defanitley had a more pleasent relaxed sedative effect i find it more enjoyable with the prometh or flexeral as doxy makes my mouth dry and it gets me itchy and not an enjoyable nose itch lilke with opiates an irritating itch all over my body i might have just overdone it but defanitly prometh and flexeral were very enjoyable

could anyone tell me whether eating pills on an empty stomach makes them hit harder or with food in you stomach is it less effective or just delayed?

Have been taking cimetedine- 200 mg bid with my xanax. What is the magnitude of the potentiation. Does any one have scientific data because I am trying to tapper. My plan ( I see my psych tommorow) but I don't want to bring up the cimetidine (he knows I work health care) and switch to clonopin and taper with that. I want to have an idea of what relative dose of xanax I am on. I take 2 mg bid and typically qid if I had a rough day at work. I an also on 12 mg suboxone/ day and cogentin 1 mg prn because I suffer from hyperhydrosis. Dayd I cant sleep and work the next day, I have Rx 30 mg temazepam. I take metoprolol 12.5 mg bid because it augments the antipanic effects and minimizes the tachycardia from cogentin (an anticholinergic drug).

Nefazodone—Co-administration of nefazodone
increased alprazolam concentration two-fold.

Fluvoxamine—Co-administration of fluvoxamine
approximately doubled the maximum plasma concentrat
ionofalprazolam , decreased clearance by 49%,
increased half-life by 71%, and decreased measured
psychomotor performance.

Cimetidine—Co-administration of cimetidine increased
the maximum plasma concentration of alprazolam by
86%, decreased clearance by 42%, and increased halflife
by 16%.

Taken DIRECTLY from the Xanax insert.

^technically that's synergism. Potentiation is where through a process like enzyme inhibition the actual plasma levels and such are elevated for the drug without taking more of it.

Adding gabapentin doesn't increase benzo levels, people just might like the additive effects.

The degree to which cimetidine potentates benzos according to the insert is pretty amazing to me...

Anyone know about GABA pills or capsules? Also if they are available in Australia, if so, where?

so how long before popping some benzos would one recommend drinking a glass of grapefruit juice and is it worth while to continue drinking the duration of the experience? maybe it is a stupid ass question but without just guessing and testing any body got their own grapefruit juice regimins?

Also this^^^^^^