• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Potentiators?

nice comprehensive lists! The effort is appreciated. Going into tons of examples is the only thing that hasn't been done, then again one needs to be aware of the CNS/respiratory depression risk caused by mixing depressants. Potentiation works, but isn't advised for the sake of HR. I think enzyme blockers like tagament or grapefruit are perfectly safe. Most muscle relaxers + benzos alone probably don't kill too many people. I can think of a few dangerous combos but I'm not going to mention them. I'd be careful with any other depressant on benzos, especially when adding alcohol to the cocktail.

so how long before popping some benzos would one recommend drinking a glass of grapefruit juice and is it worth while to continue drinking the duration of the experience? maybe it is a stupid ass question but without just guessing and testing any body got their own grapefruit juice regimins?

Two things.

First, certain benzos have very little interaction with the relevant effects of grapefruit juice.

Second, with respect to those that do have such interaction, the extent of it is unclear, and the potentiation will include an increased risk of adverse side-effects. The relevant effects of grapefruit juice are also unpredictable, and can last as long as 24 hours.

Erowid is a fun source for anecdotes, but do not expect good information about drug-food interactions there.

^ No, actually you are wrong. Grapefruit juice has been proven to increasse plasma levels of almost all benzodiazpeines. The strongest ones effected are: alprazolam, triazolam, midazolam.

how come only valium has the warning on it

i get klonopin and it's never had the warning and when i was on ativan and valium only valium bottles had grapefruit warning

I went threw the whole 100% white grapefruit juice / Tagamet phase trying to 'potentiate' my Benzo's and Opiates and after experimenting with the juice and tagamet and the whole array of benzos and opioids out there I have come to the conclusion that GFJ and Tagamet will not increase the effects or make the benzo/opiate feel better, stronger or even last longer.. its a bunch of nonsense, and yes i know the science is there to back it up but it just doesn't seem to be worth it, placebo effect at its finest if you ask me.

irie~

:\
[gabapentin (Neurontin) - 300-600mg dose - calming effect, slightly floaty, subtle
*alcohol - wine, beer, etc - drunker faster & more likely to have a hangover
*cannabis - adds a nice edge to any benzo, not sure if it "potentiates" tho
*opiates - i'm not sure which potentiates which but they go well together
*pregabalin (Lyrica) - 50mg, 150mg doses - made me very spaced out, not fun
/QUOTE]

A bit off topic.

I was reading through this thread and came upon this

gabapentin (Neurontin) - 300-600mg dose - calming effect, slightly floaty, subtle
*alcohol - wine, beer, etc - drunker faster & more likely to have a hangover
*cannabis - adds a nice edge to any benzo, not sure if it "potentiates" tho
*opiates - i'm not sure which potentiates which but they go well together
*pregabalin (Lyrica) - 50mg, 150mg doses - made me very spaced out, not fun

That is my daily regime right now minus the alcohol. Made me stop and think. I'm starting to see how sick I've become. I think nothing of doing all those drugs and going to work, uncluding benzos. No one can tell I'm just normal. That is where that road leads. Of course I have to use common sense at work.

I know this is a thread about how to get high so I'll chime in that all of the above potentiate each other but it's hard for me to telll what does what half the time:\

I went threw the whole 100% white grapefruit juice / Tagamet phase trying to 'potentiate' my Benzo's and Opiates and after experimenting with the juice and tagamet and the whole array of benzos and opioids out there I have come to the conclusion that GFJ and Tagamet will not increase the effects or make the benzo/opiate feel better, stronger or even last longer.. its a bunch of nonsense, and yes i know the science is there to back it up but it just doesn't seem to be worth it, placebo effect at its finest if you ask me.

irie~

White Grapefruit Juice only potentiates xanax and valium.

Maybe you have a huge tolerance, and even potentiating it isn't going to increase the effect?

seems like a valid thread idea to me.
BUMP.

My favorite benzodiazepine (mostly refering to temazepam) potentiators are :

Alcohol ~ Absolutely the best, extremely synergetic, adds to euphoria, adds to relaxation. But also life threatening, use tiny amounts of alcohol, and if you don't have a gargantuan tolerance to either hypnotics or sedatives or alcohol don't use it anyways.

Marijuana ~ Not really a potentiator, but high quality marijuana always goes quite pleasent for me, the temazepam kills the psychadelic/trippy/visual aspect of the weed (not completely though), but the weed increases the body load high and relaxation of the temazepam, good combo.

Muscle relaxants ~ EX. Cyclobenzaprine, Methocamol, Carisoprodol, etcetera.
Great potentiators, my favorite after alcohol, greatly adds to the sedation, and synergestically makes an otherwise non euphoric benzo for the most part (like lorazepam, clonazepam, or oxazepam for example) and adds synergistic effects when combined, highly reccomend, especially with weed and/or zopiclone.

Zopiclone ~ I don't think many people caught on to this one, but I think zopiclone is an awesome potentiator, it's similar to benzos, but I find it to be a bit of a mental trip to with CEVS sometimes even. Adds to hypnosis and sedation, A+.

Antihistamines ~ In my experience, and for me, gravol+temazepam+weed is a great combo. I find the gravol to potentiate marijuana, and vice versa. It doesn't potentiate the temazepam in that sense, it adds to the sedation, it's an alright additive to a benzo experience, but far from the best (with the exception of Orphenadrine, that shits an incredible potentiator IMO/E.

CYP450 inhibitors ~ I'm not sure how this one works, but it does work, It only worked for a few benzos for me though, I tried it with Oxazepam, Bromazepam, Diazepam, Clonazepam, and Temazepam and Zopiclone. But It worked with Oxazepam, Bromazepam, Diazepam only.
to me it doesn't add an additional drug to the benzo, it makes the benzo directly stronger in the benzos effects, definitely a potentiator.

Tagamet ~ It was my experience that tagamet didn't potentiate any benzos, but it certainly increased their duration of effects, I'd call that potentiation.

Butalbital ~ A weak barbiturate used here for migraines, it might knock you the fuck out if you combine it with a benzo IME, I'd be carefull with it. But it adds a dreamy tinge to the benzo, it'll knock you to the floor when combined, and you'll be perfectly content there.

You guys mentioned Kava earlier in the thread but didn't describe what the combination of Kava and Benzos feel like. Myself and 2 friends have tried the combo and it is STRONG. Much, much stronger than Kava taken alone and significantly stronger than Benzos taken alone. Just be careful because I recall reading warnings online that the synergy between Benzos and Kava can be so strong as to be dangerous, though I don't remember in what way.

Also, not everyone seems to like the combo. Me and one friend loved it but another friend felt way too fucked up from the convo. Last thing I wanted to add is make sure you have real Kava and not bullshit pills or tinctures. Only use fresh root or the Kavalactone extract paste (comes in 40% Kavalactones, 70%, and 84% as I recall).

I'd imagine Phenibut or Neurontin would have some of the cleanest synergies with Benzos. In fact, I'd love to try Phenibut with a Benzo. Oh, and the guy earlier who kept praising GABA, you might want to take his recommendation with a grain of salt as GABA powder does little to nothing for most people. Problem is orally it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier well at all.

Sublingually it works better but IMO you need 3-5 grams sublingually to really feel it and even then it's subtle. The only way I've found to make GABA actually hit me pretty well is rectally and I don't recommend that as injecting it in my rectum always causes very intense diarrhea...not fun.

9volt, that was a good explanation. Was wondering why i was always told to drink grapefruit juices. Especially since i cannot smoke for a while!

I just took 4mg of clonazepam after taking 400mg of Tagamet about an hour beforehand and for me it definitely enhances it. I also have some Xanax bars and am thinking of taking one or two of those. I'm trying to save them for emergencies but I am interested in trying out this Tagamet potentiation.

Pamelor

Try a pamelor (nortriptyline) or two. I would recommend starting out with a 10mg dose. It should be easy to obtain from your doctor for aches and pains. I take them with painkillers and they seem to help a lot.

Small doses of baclofen seem to help with the relaxation/drunken feeling, if that's what you're looking for

Alcohol and a benzo always meant trouble for me, but it *defnitely* "potentiates" it.

Mary jane has already been mentioned.

Neurontin for some reason seems to mess up my benzo high, I'm not sure why. Maybe my brain is wired wrong? Ha.

low-dosejunky

Ok no one has really said so which is better 100% White Grapefruit Juice or 100% Red Grapefruit Juice which is the best?

Try a pamelor (nortriptyline) or two. I would recommend starting out with a 10mg dose. It should be easy to obtain from your doctor for aches and pains. I take them with painkillers and they seem to help a lot.

Not to rip you a new A-hole, but TCA's suck. Not everyone should take TCA's, and it's dangerous to suggest people try TCA's, when you don't know what other drugs they might be taking/ingesting. What if someone is already on a TCA/MAOI/SSRI? Taking another TCA on top of that isn't going to be all that awesome.

I recently tried cimetidine and I like it just like WGFJ but it's just a pill, not a tasty drink. :)

Ok no one has really said so which is better 100% White Grapefruit Juice or 100% Red Grapefruit Juice which is the best?

WGFJ > RGFJ

Ruby red GFJ = not 100% grapefruit juice (likely in the 40's I think)
WGFJ = 100% grapefruit juice

So basically if you drink enough of either, it'll work. Strictly WGFJ is the best though (WGFJ = white grapefruit juice)