• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Scale Thread (First wave - archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to measure 100mgs, then get a scale with readability to AT LEAST 0.01g. If your scale only reads to 0.1g, then your sample could be anywhere from 50mgs to 150mgs and it will still read as 0.1g. You can afford to get a cheap milligram scale if you are only weighing 100mgs at a time.

As for paypal, you can still use a credit card through their site. I'm pretty sure you don't even have to sign up for an account, they just handle the transaction.

Pretty Diamonds, try to scrape the money together for at least a cheap milligram scale. It might be in the $60-100 range, but if you're going to enter the world of 2C's or using volumetric techniques for DO-x's, it will be a safer way to go.

$12.95 is getting off a little too easy, dontcha' think? :)

dankoni said:
Ok. Looks as if I'm not going to get any help on this. I've decided to go with the somewhat crappy JPrecision 20 for now. I know it is not terribly accurate, but I will only be using it for dimitri, so it should be fine. I am fairly certain that I will be getting an Acculab in the future, so no sense in spending $100+ now. I'm sure the JPrecision will do fine (only with the aforementioned substance) until I can afford the acculab.
1. Sorry, haven't been reading this thread as of late. The JP should be fine for now, as DMT dosage ranges anywhere from 20 to 100 mg or more, so I don't think even a 10 mg error either way will physiologically dangerous.

2. The Acculab VIC-123 is a great scale, but it needs a really steady source of AC power. You might have to try different outlets in your house to find which one works best.

3. A set of Class 6 calibration weights for $40 can be gotten here:

http://www.itinscales.com/omass.htm

Product #218-16 will perfectly suit your purposes.

Last edited:
I've got a JPrecision 10x.001g, cost be $70 with shipping on eBay. I use it to measure out single doses of everything but DOXs and other very potent chemicals. It takes some patience as it can definitely waver in its readings, but if you keep the batteries fresh and calibrate and take multiple measurements, you can get a pretty accurate result. I haven't had any mishaps with it yet.

Thanks guys. I just found out that www.balances.com doesn't ship to Hawaii. :(

So, that puts me back to this site,
http://www.developed.net/scale.htm

Large four gram capacity

Twin beam accuracy to 1/20th gram

Fast set-up, no assembly required

Scale indicator is in 25 milligram increments

Regular Price
$16.95
only $12.95

The shipping is also only 5.60 plus they accept credit cards!

Is the price still fishy? :(

I would recommend you grab a J-Precision 20 Pretty Diamonds. It is on clearance right now for $19.95 at www.saveonscales.com. The max you can weigh is 20g, but it is the best milligram scale you are going to find for under $75.

The scale you are looking at is only $12.95, but the regular price is $16.95. The J-Precision 20 is $19.95, usually $79.95. If you get it, send me a PM for help calibrating. The instructions they sent me were for an older version with 1 reference weight, but I found the new manual online.

Last edited:
Oh wow! That's a pretty good deal! I jumped right on it and ordered one. Shipping was like $11 so total it was little over $30. Thanks!

NP... It's not a great scale, but I think it fits your needs and price range perfectly. Like I said, you can't beat it for under $75. Just make sure you weigh samples multiple times and take the average as Xorkoth said.

That's the largest shipping cost I've ever heard of! At least for something small... 8(

^ I bet this is the first time you are happy to be part of the US, huh?

Pretty_Diamonds said:
Haha, yeah! And I thought shipping to Hawaii was expensive.......

I have wanted to visit Hawaii for as long as I can remember. It seems like the best place I can think of.

Last edited:
^^^^ The Big Island is heaven on Earth, brother. I was throwing snowballs on top of Mauna Kea in the morning, swimming with sea turtles in the afternoon, and looking at pink, orange, and purple pastel wisps of cloud float over a green/brown quilt landscape that rose into the high-altitude mist during a particularly spectacular sunset (the average one will blow your mind) over the Pacific.

But good God, they won't ship scales there... :|

I've actually never been to the Big Island! ^
:/

Xorkoth said:
I have wanted to visit Hawaii for as long as I can remember. It seems like the best place I can think of.
You should. It's really beautiful and my last LSA trip really made me appreicate the beauty more (since I take it for granted and all). It's just a bit expensive, so be prepared to dip into your savings!

This has overgrown and I archived it on 10-31-07. The new incarnation can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.