• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Buspar/10 mg) Experienced: Medical and recreational values

So 2 weeks ago i got prescribed 15mg buspar because my dr wouldnt give me benzos anymore due to my use of opiates. the gastro side effects are pretty intense especially for someone with IBS anyways (so id reccomend telling your dr if you have any stomach issues before hand). I sniffed 30mg and felt almost a dissacociatve feeling mixed with euphoria. My memory is vague so its hard to remember what happened but I know i went to sleep soon after and woke up in the morning (after getting a normal amount of sleep) still very tired

It's obvious that this medicine is a major hit or miss medicine. Point is, if you happen to stumble upon this medicine, stick it in the back of your medicine cabinet as a just in case or whatever medicine. File it under misc.
Truth be told, it slightly releases serotonin. At low tiny doses, it does tiny things.
It will work for you( take you off of baseline).
Completely a better than nothing medicine.

This is all my opinion. I consider myself experienced enough to notice minimal effects.

wow..... ok well im very happy to here what every one things about this drug..... and very surprised!!!
surprised because it sounds like i must be that ONE in a MILLIONth person to say otherwise! haha
i must say that i will snort a 30mg bar, sometimes snort a 60mgs worth. Also it keeps reviving some of the hallucinations i had gotten from a mild Dramamine trip couple days back. But when i snort these lil fukers, i get a very nice lil buzz for short time. definitly nothing to brag about! but i would consider that a "somewhat high" and i have never experienced ANY side effects! i thought i had scored getting this shitty lil drug, but im glad to know what the facts are for everyone else. fuking someone found out i did meth, told my doctor, and then the whole "you do drugs to get high? your a drug seeker!!!" cock sukin bs expression, im like, YAH i am a drug seeker, seekin a refil on my fukin xanax. "well they wont give you xanax in rehab!" and now im off the 60 Xanax 2mg bars....... i have little to no hope ever getting them back, and will need to try out another doctor.... i dont know if it would be a good idea to tell him that i take xanax, maybe show him the bottle as proof, and that sounds like bad idea! "here my New Doctor, here is my old bottle and my old doctors contact info, you should call him to get better understanding why i am here!"

So i might just.... not mention the benzos and wait fukin half a year! or maybe say i moved from outa town, show him a piece of reciept or a part that doesnt have my doctors info on it... idk

I had them prescribed for pms. I felt disassociated, it caused a panic attack. I never took it again, and wondered why my Dr. prescribed something like that for pms. He knew I have anxiety/panic issues.

Buspar gives me the munchies no matter how i take it, and the high is super uncomforatable...not an expiriece i need to have again

I take 15mg buspirone (buspar) and 5mg diazepam 3 times a day as prescribed, and find it a perfect combination for anxiety, also it is slightly euphoric, I find I have energy and motivation now. I used to drink to relieve anxiety, but am completely alcohol free now that I take this basic combination

Given you have anxiety or insomnia and the seroquel is 25-50mg major depression and it is 25-300 mg it seems pretty normal.

I just got buspar added to my list of meds.... But I do have to add..... I have Borderline Personality Disorder and out of all the medications I have been on over my 20 years of being medicated... Effexor XR is the ONLY medication that has ever really helped with all of my symptoms, except sleeping. The only thing is the effect that it has on norepinephrine causes my blood pressure to raise to Hypertension levels which freaks every doc out. I've been told the way to counteract this effect while allowing the med to still do its job would be to take a beta blocker. Unfortunately I can't because I have to take immunotherapy allergy injections and if I was to go into anaphylactic shock my EpiPen wouldn't work if I was on beta blockers.

So I've been lowered from 175mg of effexor xr a day to only 75mg with Wellbutrin XR added in and now buspar.... I personally hate the Wellbutrin because of how it makes me so much more irritable... Aka shortens my fuse!

Hey buddy! Posts such as this might be better presented in a more anthological medium. You are dealing with, among other choice variables, the fact that this is poly-drug therapy and you're really trying to ascertain the positive and negatives from each particular variable. I know that there's a lot of leg work available, but organizing things a little bit better could certainly help you in the long rung. Let me know if you have any questions.

I currently take 100mg buspar daily. Personally a wonder drug for my acute anxiety. The ruminations quieted and social interactions became more tolerable. I felt elevated for the first 2 weeks of beginning the med, prob b/c it induced a little hypomania.

Recently I heard you can snort as a recreational drug. I really needed a pick me up so I crushed one of my 100mg pills and did 2 lines in each nostril. NASTY stuff to snort! I cant hardly tolerate it. Didn?t feel much of anything prob b/c I couldn?t/didn?t get enough up my nose. Due to the majority of experiences on this thread, I think I?ll pass anyway.