• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Buspar/10 mg) Experienced: Medical and recreational values

yea last night some chick selled me these shitty things and i snort one of em. the zaping feeling was exactly wat it felt like. fuckin horrible. now ive got more but dont even want em.

waste of money

These aren't narcotic, you really can't get high off of them, they aren't a controlled substance. I don't even think they work well in conjunction with anything else.
I had to take them recently in conjunction with .5mg daily clonazepam (because, obviously, .5mg doesn't do anything, and my doctor thought the buspar would work and he could take me of the klonopin). So, of course, I started taking too much buspar, as it had no effects whatsoever at the dose he started me on.
Fantastic waste of time, I felt like I was being shocked, yeah, like I was blacking out for a quarter of a second or so every time i took a step while walking, and while it was interesting, I doubt it was healthy. And I was only taking double what I was supposed to be taking, about 30mg or so after the first week.
That's my commentary. I don't take it anymore, now I get, hooray, 15 .5mg klonopin every two weeks (of course they disappear within the first week, and I just have to figure things out until I can call for a refill).

buspar was one of the first meds i was prescribed for anxiety and it made me feel like absolute SHIT. i got the symptoms of your insuff use when taking it oral. with a crashing headache after the zaps.

wow the op date is way old. i'm glad people are still using the search/trip report index to inform themselves :) :) :) <3

I am prescribed to 22.5 mg of buspar a day

I have been snorting it 2-3 times a day for a few months

Each time dosing at a little under 15mg

I have experienced no brain zaps but I do experience a slight sedated feeling.

If you get the brain zaps you should try to snort around 5mgs. I've let friends snort it and they've gotten the brain zaps and the time after I let them snort quite a bit less and had a pleasant experience.

Interesting side effect is that it gives me the munchies.

Last edited:
Woah, blast from the past! I forgot all about this TR :D.

I never touched buspirone since that day, and never will again. Glad you don't have brain-zaps... that said, I honestly don't think you should be snorting buspar as snorting does nothing better than just eating it...

Its more of a habit at this point.. I am kinda hanging on to my past of snorting pills and heroin..

I like the foreplay of breaking up the pills and snorting them..

i thought that buspirone was mainly used for general anxiety disorder? social anxiety disorder is usually treated with ssri?

buspirone is known to increase anxiety in the first 4-6 weeks until it full effects show up and some here totally misuse it and than dare to call it useless....shame on those, for real.

also to the thread-creator: directly snorting buspirone and then insist that benzodiazepines would be of good value for you.. i highly doubt it.

Buspirone won't probably interact with other drugs, you will probably feel more anxiolisys, you should probably lower the LSD dose a bit, it's fairly safe however.
It's a piece of crap and do anything for anxiety IMO.
Regards!

Holy Shit! I thought I was the only one! I remember the first time I crushed up a 15mg BuSpar and sniffed it...almost immediately I felt like I had plugged my brain into an electric socket! WTF?!? That's the EXACT description I used also! After that I said fuck this shit and never took it again. It is COMPLETELY USELESS as an anxiety medication.

i was prescribed buspar when i entered my third rehab program ive always had GAD and social anxiety, when i start seeing a girl or even hang out with a girl i like i cant eat, even thinking about girls i wont be able to eat. I self medicated alot because of my anxiety. I take 15 mgs three times a day, and couldnt be happier with the results. I can eat now around girls, and feel much better now .

for me buspar changed my life for the better. i am a ex heroin user and alchy. been clean 32 days clean now with the help of suboxen and buspar and rehab and NA meeting with Intense outpatient care.

How strange with the "zaps".. this also happened to me. The only time I ever took buspar, I took 10mg orally. I felt "jumpy" like going over the first drop of a rollercoaster, it took away my breath and felt like an electrical jolt.

I said to hell with this drug, it's not fun or helpful and never took it again. I am glad I didn't try and rail one, or eat 20mg for fuck sake... Seems like this drug works for some people very well, others not at all.

I guess we are in the "not at all" category.

each person who said it was a shit drug tried to snort it
i have to question their judgement
there is a study that buspiron helps with withdrawl symptoms
so it's not a fucking quaalude, well what is now?

and WTF is this doing in trip reports - that's just straight up retarded - i was just doing a search to find info on this from drug users and yep straight into the kiddie sandbox - mud pies anyone???

Buspirone won't probably interact with other drugs, you will probably feel more anxiolisys, you should probably lower the LSD dose a bit, it's fairly safe however.

So much is not entirely clear. As a partial agonist at 5ht1a, it should interact in some way with 5ht releasers and classical psychedelics.

ebola

gives me the munchies too, brain zaps??? you guys are crazy! It's a nice buzz with some alcohol, if you take it everyday you get a tolerance though.

I had my GP Doctor prescribe me this useless medication, and it dosn't work. It does nothing to help with my anxiety, and the side effect are I get dizzy and get brain zaps. I don't even take the medication, each time I refill it, I end up just flushing it. She will not prescribe me any benzos because of the fact that I admitted to experimenting with drugs back when I was in high school. I guess in her eyes if you have used drugs on a non-medical basis, it means your a drug abuser, and a drug addict. That's what she told me, and she clearly said "no benzos or opiates in any form, no matter what ever situation because your a drug seeker." Even before that she had scripted me many different combination on anti-depressants, and after taken them for months, experimenting with various different doses and it didn't do anything for my anxiety.

When I saw a psychiatrist I was prescribed clonazepam 1mg. It was the only thing that helped with my anxiety, and it totally obliterated it. For once I was able to function and be productive, and not get crippled by my anxiety. Sadly his program was a short term urgent care, and I was discharged after a year. The funny thing was my psychiatrist also knew about my drug use, but he himself experimented with drugs while he was in college, was a double major in college, he took pharmacology as his second major, and was fascinated with how drugs worked on the mind. I was told " I don't care if you smoked some pot, or drank a little booze from time to time, but I will give you shit if your using hard drugs"

General rule of thumb, never tell your doctor you experimented with drugs. Most of the time they will discriminate against you, and treat you like a drug seeker. Well the only exception is if the doctor/psychiathist also experimented with drugs back in college or high school, then they may be more laid back and make exception but don't count on it.

-PLUR

I took BuSpar for a minute and found it...weird. Made me drowsy but not in a recreational-type way. Other than that it had no effects that I could notice. Glad it has some value for you, OP.