• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What Kind of Heroin/Opiate user are you?

With my naturally high opioid tolerance with H and tramadol of 4-500mg if i stay of the Opioids for a while say a week will a 250mg codeine dose do the trick for me?

If you take 400-500 mg tramadol, then 250 mg codeine won't do much unfortunately. Tramadol is a bit more potent than codeine mg per mg.

If you take 400-500 mg tramadol, then 250 mg codeine won't do much unfortunately. Tramadol is a bit more potent than codeine mg per mg.

You see this is what a want to know. If i get of the H for a few weeks and say another 2-3 weeks of the tramadol being clean for roough 2-3 weeks of any opioids, what codeine dose should i look at for the first time for a recreational dose?

Keep in mind that there will always be a benzo dose of 18-24mg bromazepam running in the background (this is a prescribed dose fyi).

1. Whats your age and your geographical location?
31, Belgium Flanders the part where we speak Dutch

2. What is your experience with opiates, which ones do you use?
Couple times a month i smoke some H. I get Fentanyl patches from doc and my gf oxycontin. Have used fentanyl analogues, morphine, tramadol, hydromorphone, tilidine.

3. How often do you use opiates?
1 x a week maximum 3 times a week.

4. Why do you use opiates?
For pain and i like downers.

5. What kind of drug scene are you in?
No scene most friends don't use or just smoke weed and mdma in the weekends.

6. Also, what kind of administration do you use?
Oral and i love love smoking aka chasing the dragon

Whats your age and your geographical location?
- 35 years old. Nashville, Tennessee

What is your experience with opiates, which ones do you use?
- I think the first opiate/opioid i tried was demerol when i was a lot younger, then i eventually got into morphine. I liked oxycodone when i tried it but it didn't seem particularly potent to me; at least in comparison to morphine.

[I guess i'm weird. I remember trying codeine several times and it never worked. I think i have that enzyme deficiency going on, but anyway i prefer oxycodone to the others i've tried...]

How often do you use opiates?
- Periodically and then 3 ~ 4 days. After that my tolerance goes way up. I guess i have a natural tolerance and shit just stops working. Then after 2 days, i'm back to normal. Start from the beginning

Why do you use opiates?
- Recreation

What kind of drug scene are you in?
- None

Also, what kind of administration do you use?
- I like to pop pills but i've got it set up to try IV. Maybe hydromorphone

32, Detroit, MI

Vicodin for fun. But I got hooked onto smoking crack too often and started snorting heroin to come down. I'm dependent on heroin now and trying to taper off the past three weeks with some success. I really do want to be unaddicted from crack once I'm done with heroin.

Daily

I only used it to come down after a crack binge but now I'm dependent on it.

I hang around some really decrepit locations on the eastside. Bandos, apartments, trap houses whatever. It's my weird weekend getaway. I have a good job, live in a great suburb outside of Detroit and none of my friends have a clue about this. I meet all kinds of people and converse with them for hours. I don't understand why I do this. I just feel comfortable and it alleviates my depression.

Nasal. I have shot up twice but have no memory of it due to nodding off. I was robbed the second time. I will never try it again.

27, Toronto. Canada

I initially experimented recreationally with oxycodone and percocet in highschool. Stayed away from them for over a decade. Started accessing morphine sulfate ER, hydromorphone, codeine, percs. Dappled in roxies and street opiates (h/fent) very briefly. After much experimenting I eventually settled on iving dilaudid, which is my ultimate substance of choice

Very much depends. In an ideal world I would use once every three days. Right now it is often daily/multiple times a day. Sometimes I take week long breaks for tolerance or because I'm a masochist

Sometimes because I'm dope sick, other times because it clears away the cobwebs and the mundane feeling of life. At times, to push away emotional pain. Because of the euphoria and relaxation. It makes me feel like a slightly better version of myself. Less bothered by little things, quick to contentment, more easily expressive of emotions, grateful for little things. Also the rush is lovely. Sometimes I use them to nod off or sleep.

I work at a needle exchange and most of my friends are drug users of many kinds, from weed to meth/crack/heroin/etc. Some of my friends drink alcohol and use cocaine/mdma recreationally. Other friends are drug-dependant/precariously housed/would consider themselves chaotic users. My community is really strong and non judgemental. We have lost many friends to overdose. I have a good job and my workplace is understanding of drug use and supportive. I feel like I fall into the /functional addict/ category but maybe I am deluding myself.

Have tried nearly every ROA possible, orally, nasally, CWE, rectally. I prefer to and primarily IV at the moment

Last edited:
24, and currently Southeast USA, originally from CA.

Its been about 10 years since i first tried an opiate i think? Maybe less, but ive been using opiates regularly for around 5 years now. I?ve tried just about all of the main ones, and a few exotic/rare ones, but my main opiate of choice is simply opium, or when i can?t aqcuire any, poppy pod/seed tea. I used kratom for the past 3 years and just quit, but am considering switching back.

I was a daily user of opium for a while, then switched to kratom. Currently i use opium about once or twice a week.

Because they block out a lot of the ?noise? or life. When taken at the proper dose, opium removes all self-judgement, which makes it an excellent creative tool, anxiolytic, and for me, an aphrodesiac.

Ive been involved in a lot of drug scenes but currently its the new agey electronic music scene mostly, so a lot of psychedelics, ketamine, coke, and mdma. I stay away from opiate using scenes, bad things happen when opiate addicts get together. I dont want to be enabled any more than i already do for myself.

I try to dose anything orally that can be absorbed effectively that way. Opium is IMO far superior dosed orally, smoking tends to not last long enough, and lacks an element that is hard to describe, except for that smoked opium is not as diverse in its range of effects. Also oral opium tends to last like 8 solid hours, which i love. I do however love snorting good, pure heroin, just cannot afford to do so as it is an extremely destructive drug for me.

^oral opium? Who are you, De Quincy?

29, NorCal

Starting taking them for fun a little over 10 years ago. More regularly like 5 years ago. I've been on oxycodone pain management for long periods, that was my first daily use. More recently been using powder heroin, I prefer to effect and am no longer on pain management.

Daily

Makes life better, decreases my anxiety and depression. My life has gotten been better overall since I committed to use--lower anxiety has led to job opportunities, better socialization, etc.

The cannabis scene, where people also do psychedelics. I don't know anyone who takes opiates recreationally with any frequency in real life.

Snorting powder heroin

- 23 - east mids

- Codeine just used them to come down off mephedrone and also by chance after my binge I got prescribed some codeine for something and been taking them ever since. I used tramadol and dhc before but I don't really like them, codeine has always worked well for me.

- Daily but I take 3-4 days break every two weeks and go from and low as possible dose when I start back up

Why do you use opiates?
- Tranquility

- Weed, codeine sometimes I hang by the betting shop have a smoke and a flutter on the football.

- Oral, always in liquid form

Ssss

•21-22 when I experimented with h. South us.

•went on about a month binder with hydrocodone. Felt good, slept better. Threw up a bunch. I don't take them anymore.

- never anymore.

Why do you use opiates?
- peace, took away from being in my unhappy home.

- I'm not anymore, lol. But before, coke

I've tried liquid and powder (china white?)
Liquid FUCKED ME up bad, like my whole world was spinning and I couldn't stop puking.

The powder I did a small bump and felt amazing, super light. Didn't touch it again because I loved it lol.
-

Early 20's, UK

First opioid was tramadol about 5-6 years ago. Then I tried codeine and DHC. Later I got to try stronger ones like morphine and oxycodone.

These days I use codeine, DHC, Oramorph, and oxy depending on availability, preference, and tolerance. I don't use tramadol anymore.

I will have binges where I use daily sometimes, other times where I only "chip", and other times where I get bored of opiates altogether and use different drugs instead.

If my tolerance gets too high I taper myself down and take a break for a while or stick only to weak stuff like codeine. I never let it get too out of control and touch wood it stays that way.

Self-medication (depression and anxiety), recreation, comedowns, and occasionally for actual physical pain.

Mostly I hang out with weed smokers who dabble in the usual party drugs like MDMA and cocaine here and there. But my close friend group and my girlfriend also uses pharmas including downers which are my DOC.

Usually oral. Occasionally up the nose for oxy.

26, New York

Senior year of high school, first was a bottle of lean I found in my medicine closet from when I got my tonsils removed. Didn’t care for it because I just would fall asleep. Then I tried roxycodone around age 24-25 due to a xanax drought which was my doc at the time. Again wasn’t a fan. It was until after my first rehab when I relapsed and tried crack and heroin. That’s when I really embraced opiates and enjoy sniffing heroin.

Try to limit myself to once or twice a week.

Honestly depression and boredom. I’ve only really been happy once in my life when I sit back and recall the past. Most of my life I’ve just been uncomfortable. I like to feel good because I can’t or don’t know how to without drugs.

Lone wolf. I have a coworker I smoke crack with sometimes but he doesn’t do opiates.

Nasal

1 . Whats your age and your geographical location.

Early 40's and the milky way

2. What is your experience with opiates, which ones do you use

Tried most with the exception of oxymorph and tramadol

3 How often do you use opiates?

I have been going on binges, 1 week high 1-2 weeks sober

Started for pain and discovered they mask psychological pain and trauma and I like the high

5 What kind of drug scene are you in?

I'm not, I get high with friends on rare occasions but use alone mostly. Dope isn't really a social drug

Used to pop pills then smoke/shoot heroin. Now it's all fent so I smoke

28, DC

First tried hydrocodone, but currently just use buprenorphine and had a long streak of using kratom daily use. used H for 2 years and quit

everyday

the body high, anxiety relief and general euphoria

i mostly keep to myself. have ran in the meth scene a little bit, but nowadays most of my friends just smoke weed, i was involved with rcs for a while

Sublingual suboxone, but have used H IV, oxycodone oral, nasal

Given that this thread was started in 2004, it would be interesting if any of the original participants that are still active on the forum could check back in.

Has your usage increased, decreased, stayed the same, rehab, did you graduate to stronger opiates that you said you wouldn’t use (eg heroin)? Etc...

Given that this thread was started in 2004, it would be interesting if any of the original participants that are still active on the forum could check back in.

Has your usage increased, decreased, stayed the same, rehab, did you graduate to stronger opiates that you said you wouldn’t use (eg heroin)? Etc...

Well, apparently I replied to this post a little over 5 years ago.

27, Sydney Australia, but I'm actually a dual citizen of Australia and the USA and culturally consider myself American, since that's where I grew up and what my accent is. And my accent results in me being considered American by other people regardless.

I've used a lot of different opiates/opioids, Codeine, PST, Oxycodone in various formulations, Tramadol, but primarily I'm a heroin addict.

At my worst? Multiple times a day.

Because daddy didn't love me enough.... Ok seriously.. like most people I started with fairly minor league drugs like marijuana, my childhood kinda sucked and I didn't really give a shit about my life or expect to live very long, so when the opportunity to use drugs arose I didn't see any good reason to say no. I seem to gravitate to the types of people that are more likely to use drugs anyway. So that eventually lead to opiates, where I found my drug of choice, heroin.

The one with all the other heroin addicts.

IV

Interesting, I don't remember writing that reply at all. I probably wouldn't have written it quite like that now. It's still be the same answers just phrased differently. Interesting that I didn't mention methadone as something I used. Either I omitted it or I hadn't gotten on methadone for the first time yet then. I somewhat suspect the former cause I was definitely on methadone for a lot of 2016 too.

While I was already in serious trouble with heroin in 2016, things would get substantially worse by about a year later. I would then be homeless for about a year, then I finally got sick of that and got off heroin and onto methadone by late 2017, for a second time but taking it more seriously and at a better clinic. Stayed off it till relapsing in early to mid 2020, and then using on and off from then until early this year..

Also I'm 32 now and I left Sydney after getting off heroin in late 2017.

Last edited:
I guess I should respond as well instead of just asking other people to...

Back in 2004, my only opiate experience was using nurofen plus, which I learnt from this site that back then you could literally just split the pill in half. One half had ibuprofen and one codeine. Though this was short lived for me as they changed the formula pretty much as soon as I started doing this. If you manage to get any nurofen plus THIS CANNOT BE DONE ANYMORE, don’t even know if nurofen plus is available anymore?

Then I was doing CWE once they changed the formulation. Oh also went through a rikodeine phase, though now the smell would make me vomit.

nowadays in my country codeine is no longer OTC.

Fast forward a few years and the opiates I use are tramadol, hydromorphone, oxycodone and morphine. All orally pretty much.

Have used heroin a handful of times. I don’t like not knowing the dosage/purity, don’t hang out with any other users and don’t use needles so pharmaceuticals are what I use.