Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

thailand pharmacies

HighRollin'420*

Bluelighter
Anyone have any idea of what drugs are available OTC counter in thailand. Going there soon and would be interested in hearing whats available without prescription.

thanks!

not much you con get dxm pills called dextro but why bother triping of a cough suppressent. you can get benzo at some pharmacies but most do not sell them with out prescription. but you'll hav no problem scoing weed or pill there.

you can get valiums too which are real handy for comedowns...

i reckon you could get k too but i never tried when i was over there

Be careful, Asian countries are fucking angry when it comes to drugs. But OTC i reckon DXM would be easy and tasty =D
Who cares if it's a "cough suppressent" it's still a chemical like any other. If people start saying you're a dick for taking cough syrup, than they're the uninformed cock-smokers if you ask me

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
Be careful, Asian countries are fucking angry when it comes to drugs.

That's true, though I seem to have dodged the wrath and smiting hand of mine. ;)

Back on topic, not many things are OTC anymore, you have to find the right pharmacy, and that, is quite difficult. Ketamine is definately not available in Thailand, I'm not sure who mentioned it was, but if it used to be available, it certainly isn't as of mid 2003. You'll be made to feel very unwelcome if you ask.
Go for benzodiazepines, some carry them, some don't. At least the worst thing that can happen is a "No, we can't sell those without a prescription."*

*YMMV, stay safe in Thailand, they have Very Unamusing drug legislation.

Valium.

I bought a bunch over there and they were DAMN handy for 18 hr bus trips.

Things like Vallium and Xanax (sp??) are getting harder and harder to come by.. I asked some guys at a piercing shop why its harder to get stuff now, they said that Thai youngers were getting into the stuff so they clamped down..

I am in Thailand now and interesting things happen like they 'offer' you Vallium one day from a certain store then the next day they tell you they dont sell it.. And its the same person who served you the day before!!!!

I have heard that you can get more stuff at the 'drugs stores' (yes this is what the signs say) at local train stations than you can at touristy places...

In tourist areas or large cities you get 3 kinds of chemists

(1) big, western owned stores
Dont bother here, they wont sell you anything you want and tend to give you a stern look if you ask...

(2) pharmacys linked to clinics
These guys will have everything you want but its up the the discretion of the salesperson as to whether or not they sell it to you..

(3) Little stand alone local pharmacys
These are a little more sketchy and I still have not fully worked them out.. Some of these places have things like vallium etc others dont, they all look the same but there must be different clasifications or something.. These guys are more likely to sell you stuff (at inflated prices) if they actually have it..

Each town has a billion pharmacys/drug stores so my advice is to just wander around and ask them.. Vary how you ask : ask for products by name at some places, ask for something generic to 'keep you awake' or 'help you sleep' at others... If that still doesnt work, maybe try varying your apearance: look like a back packer one day, more clean cut another.. You should be sucessfull in the end but it may take you a while... I spent a whole afternoon in a small city 2 months ago searching and got nothing...

Some warnings for Thailand
====================
1) Much of the stuff you can get over the counter in places like Thailand is not availble without perscription in countries like Malaysia or Singapore...Also you dont always get the name brand, sometimes its a gereric version that has no stamping and looks just like an MD pill... Please remember this if you are boarder crossing.. If you MUST take stuff with you, make sure it is only small amounts, keep it in its original blister packs and store them with your first aid kit..

2) I dont smoke but - Everyone will offer you dope. Seriously, bungalow operators, ppl on the beach, ppl working at a bar, ppl who stop you in the street, taxi drivers, everyone.. The price for dope never seems to change but the quantity and quality does.. Ask exactly how much you will be getting before you commit to anything..And try not to hand over money before you see the goods..Never buy from someone you meet on the beach or on the street..These ppl have been known to sell you lawn clippings or something equally anoying then you can never find them again..

3)There is still talk over here of ppl getting sold stuff (dope, pills etc) then getting busted in like 1 hour by the cops.. If you must buy illegal drugs - either (1) consume them right away or (2) do not keep them on your person or in your bungalow... Hiding them in the garden is a good idea...

4) The full Moon Party at Koh Phan gan is swarming with cops and local, volunteer' police.. Happily they are there more for your protection than to try bust anyone for drugs.. Even so, for gord sake do not try and purchase anything at the actual party, you never know quite who you are talking to..

Ketamine is very easy to score from a drug dealer but not the phamsise . they stop selling it in phmacies in about 1999. If you get busted and are not sucessfull trying to bribe the cops you get in allot of troble for just one 1/2 gram bottel. might end up in Jail for a few months so be careful.

i dunno if its true or not but i was told that thailand is notorious for them drug death squads. im not sure how it works but if they catch you basically get shot.

^^^^ That was last year and it was a 3 month ( I think ) crack down on drug dealers.. Basically it was a shoot-first, ask questions later situation when the police saw ppl dealing drugs.. It got to the point that quite a few dealers took their kids along with them whilst making deals, the idea was that the police would not shoot with kids in the vicinity.. Saddly a couple of kids lost their lives anyway..

All things aside - Thailand has HUGE penalties for drug convictions..

Anyway - I think I have lead things a little off topic, we were talking about OTC stuff...

The only times I ever had trouble finding Valium was when in touristy areas.

By walking only about 2 or 3 blocks away from main areas like Kao San Road etc and finding a little local pharmacy, and not a polished up snazzy one for Westerners there was no problem at all.

The flashy Westerner pharmacies and any place that looks remotely like its not privately owned will never sell and make you feel horrible for asking :)

bump, what if you have a letter from your doctor saying you need valium and xanax? Can you then get it from any chemist or get prescribed it from a doctor over there?

i just came back from thailand...

10 x 1mg xanax cost me about $no prices please

was so tempted to buy 1000 and try send em back but thought it was not worth the risk in the end.... think my mate and i went threw about 100 each in a month...

Last edited by a moderator:
gumby11 said:
bump, what if you have a letter from your doctor saying you need valium and xanax? Can you then get it from any chemist or get prescribed it from a doctor over there?

If you have a legitimate condition, in-which you really need the Valium or Xanax, and see a doctor over there, I'm sure they'd give you a prescription over there. Maybe a letter would help (so long as it looks authentic and has proof of it's authenticity ie: stamped), but from what I've read so far in this thread, you shouldn't really need one anyways.

--------

I know this is dragging off-topic, but please, please, please be careful with any kind of drugs in any SEA country. OTC/prescription stuff should be fine, but black-market stuff like Ecstasy, meth/shabu, or Heroin is a big no-no over there. It may be cheap, of good quality and tempting, but officials are on the look out and cracking down on illicit drug use. Especially after the last few years. Personal amounts, you may only get locked up for a couple of months (but, really ... do you want to spend a couple of months in a foreign prison cell anyways?). Anything that will make you look like you are trafficking, will likely get you a long, long time or executed.

There is one place that is apparantly pretty lax on drugs, and that is Cambodia. Best bet is a very isolated town/village in a "guest-house" and you will actually get confronted by dealers trying to sell you "ganja" or Heroin. Very little police activity around these areas and alot of the drugs are very cheap, of high quality (especially Heroin) and readily available. Just be sure not to get in debt with the local "friend" or drug dealer... not a great way to spend your holiday, and it can be easily done if using a drug like Heroin. Use your common-sense though and you can make your money go a long, long way.

Thanks for your sound advice ^
I will avoid any illegal drugs whilst over there it sounds far to risky. If I want to party Ill stick to alcohol and red bull/ginseng drinks for uppers and legal meds(which I am prescribed in Australia) to chill me out.

when i was over there a few years ago and bought valiums etc they were blue. Then later i was told that the real valium is not made into blue pills ever, and they are just some copy stuff which is actually some other chemical and not a benzo

^Naw... Roche` make a 10mg Valium pill that is blue. But, you can't get the 10mg pills down here in Australia. 5mg is the highest, unless it's been imported. But, it's true, there are alot of counterfeit pills circulating 3rd world countries. You shouldn't have any issues if you are purchasing them from a licensed pharmacist though.