• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hints and Tips for Meth Smokers!

-=ReD-hAzE=-

Bluelighter
Come one come all, read and learn, or share your own hints/tips/tricks for getting the most out of your smoke.

Speed/Meth tolerance prevention/reduction [long]

Not much to say here, other than... don't load huge bowls. As by loading more you're more likely to not spread it around enough and end up with a fat puddle boiling and burning up your drugs. Load a moderately small bowl, spread it around good, and smoke that shit son. If you get to the end of the bowl and don't think you're high enough, load another one.

Cutting

Anyways, first things first. "Cutting," or at least that's what I've always heard it refered to, and learned it that way. The act of melting down and allowing your meth to recrystalize all over in the bowl of the pipe. (While it is recrystalizing, roll that puddle around and spread it out. Do this inbetween hits also.) Supposedly ment to burn off cuts and impurities, however this is bullshit. Most cuts and practically all impurities melt right down and recrystalize in with the meth. Burning off while you smoke, and going into your lungs. Don't worry, this stuff is good for you. It'll grow some hair on your chest. Although "cutting" doesn't burn off any impurities or cuts, it does allow you to make the bowl last longer. By spreading it around while it recrystalizes, you will in turn not heat it all at once and have more control over it. You're less likely to burn up and destroy a bunch of meth smoking a thin puddle. Whereas trying to smoke a fat puddle will waste meth. Longer lasting bowls equal more smoke and more high.

There is one exception to this that I've found so far, which is... MSM. If you know what you're doing, you CAN burn off most of it and be left with cleaner dope to smoke. You know sometimes when you take that first hit, and exhale barely any smoke? That was mostly MSM. Sadly though I have no clue how to explain the process through which you burn it off. But don't loose hope now, because you CAN burn it off.

Lighters

Don't use one of those fancy shmancy torch lighters unless you know what you're doing. They burn too hot, and will destroy your drugs if you're not careful. This is not good, you want to just vaporize them and suck them into your lungs. Not burn them up into nothing. A regular Bic lighter works best, with Crickets coming in second. But be forwarned, lighters get really fucking hot when you keep them lit for those long hits so common with meth. They will burn you and hurt you, possibly making you jerk or twitch... only to end up throwing a frail glass pipe accross the room. Be careful with lighters kids.

Needle Lighters
The point of the needle lighters is to force the gas(which has been turned way down) through the smaller hole of the needle, and lighting it up on top. Makes for a tinny tiny not so hot flame which is good for smokin' dope. And having the needle somewhat long prevents the crappy plastic lighter(which most adjustable ones are) from melting itself and dying.

Heating and smoking

The flame of your lighter should never be touching the glass. If it's close, it's probably too close. Getting too close means you're heating it too much, this destroys drugs. Not good. And it blackens up the pipe, which is a pain in the ass to clean and hard to see through.

Don't apply constant heat, as this will also get it too hot and destroy drugs. Again, not a good thing. Heat it until it's smoking good and pull flame away. When the smoke starts thinning, reapply flame until it's smoking good again.

Roll it side to side slightly while heating to help prevent overheating one spot and destroying product. You just want a nice smoking puddle, not a boiling one.

When coming to the end of your hit, after you've stopped heating it and the smoke is again starting to thin. But you don't have that much breath left to warrent reheating and getting it smoking good again. Carb it, or put your finger over the carb(hole on top of the bowl) to stop the airflow and allow more vapor to condense inside. Then once a little has condensed, release the carb and continue with the inhale. Not too fast, not too slow though. A slow tapping kind of action works best. Carb for a second, uncarb and inhale, carb for a second, uncarb and inhale, etc...

Before smoking the stem, remelt that shit down and let it recrystalize. Or if you have enough residue, melt it down and let it drip down into the bowl to recrystalize. While melting, plug the end of the stem with your finger to prevent vapor from escaping.

Hold the pipe with the end of the tube BEHIND your teeth. Although not the sole cause of tooth decay/loss, it sure as hell doesn't help anything to be sucking those water hungry meth vapors past your chompers. Holding the pipe on your lips will most likely result in some cute little dried out dead spots, which will also show up on your tongue if you get that in the way. So don't use your tongue as a valve to restrict airflow by plugging part of the tube. Yes it does slow down the hit, and allow for a bigger hit. But it fucks your tongue up pretty bad for a day or two.

Nice slow inhalation with micropuffing action seems to work best. Don't pause and hold your hit whiling searching for another spot to smoke because you have a little breath left. Don't hold your hit period. By the time you're done taking those long ass hits, most of what you're going to get out of the smoke has already been absorbed. Holding it longer may get you a little more out of it, but it's doing way more damage to your lungs in the process.

Getting the most out of it

If you're worried about wasting smoke, share it with a boyfriend/girlfriend via mouth to mouth action. It doesn't have to take forever like a hit off the pipe. Quick and smooth works fine. Or, if you have no one to share with you could exhale into a ballon. And take a few more hits off it, inhaling and exhaling into the ballon. With breaths of fresh air inbetween hits of course.

Then if you're a real stickler, you can save that balloon. Since it has all them little water droplets from your breath that have absorbed a little vapor. Or if you have nice dry breath, the balloon may have a coating of residue. Just like the stem of your pipe. Get that stuff wet, and put it in with your Kool Aid/Juice/Water, or just lick it if you'd like. Or I suppose you could try to scrape it and load another bowl...

Cleaning the pipe

So you've not been listening to me and burnt up some of your drugs smoking, and in the process blackened the fuck out of the bottom of your pipe. Good job dumby. Now you have a few options, you can either just not care and wipe it off your your shirt or pants. Or, you can have a semi-damp rag handy. Preferably warm or room temperature water. If you use cold water you run the risk of busting the pipe. Or you can learn how to smoke correctly and never deal with soot again.

Now for cleaning that brown/black residue left inside after you've gone through a sizable amount of meth. Again you have a few options.
You can either;

a) Throw your pipe away and make a new one.
Now if you know how to blow your own pipes option a is pretty damn easy, just blow a new one and sell the old one to another tweaker for $5.

b) Bust out the propane torch and burn it out.
If you have a propane torch, no acetone, and no knowledge on blowing pipes then option b is your best bet. But be forwarned, don't heat your pipe too much because it will get soft and start to deform if you heat it too long. And don't do this outside on a cool night, hot glass needs to be cooled slowly. Exposing it to the cold night air while it's glowing hot will break it. Inside, preferably warm room.

c) Use a solvent like acetone and let it soak for a while, then rinse.
Just fill the bowl with a little acetone, let it soak for a while, empty and rinse. Repeat if neccessary. Do in a well ventilated area, not in the closet with the doors shut

Making a pipe out of a lightbulb

Instructions - 440 Kb

If it does not work by just clicking on the link. Right click, and select Save Target As to download it. If you're having problems, just shoot me a PM and I'll take care of any question you may have.

EDIT- Added some more.
EDIT2- Added Loading and MSM stuff.
EDIT3- Added Tolerance Prevention Info, Needle Lighter How To, and other helpful hints by members.
EDIT4- Added Lightbulb Pipe Instructions.
crystalcallas said:
TWEEKTIP: Dont you guys just hate sore meth tongue *groans* you know that feeling, after hittin the straight pipe just once, and a coupla of hours later your tongue feels like it was trampled over by a flamenco dancer in steel boots. Solution : gargle with a glass of warm water mixed with about five tablespoons of rock salt (or plain iodized table salt) after every couple of hits. Make sure the tongue gets swished properly. Just do it. Youll thank me after you never have sore tongue again, :9:p
Gauss said:
A few things..

1) Hydrochloric/muriatic acid also works wonders to clean a pipe. Just put a few drops in and mop up with a Q-tip or burn it off with a torch. It's never failed to get a pipe 100% clean and brand new looking.

2) Use a Pyrex pipe. Glass pipes are very sensitive to heat. Constant or high heat can deform them and cause the glass (especially around the hole where you load the bowl) to become very thin and brittle. Pyrex can withstand extremely high heat -- I've never seen one get deformed one bit. The only problem is most speed bongs need custom pipes.. which means glass.

3) If you can get or make a speed bong.. use it. The hits will be huge, will not be harsh, and so forth. Fill it with Fire water, water and some Altoids, or something else to give it flavor :) Then when you're done, drink the damn water, its full of speed.

4) Normally putting your finger over the mouth end of the pipe can also stop the speed from escaping if you're out of breath. This stops the airflow so the speed just swirls around in the bowl. I've never burnt myself putting my finger over the carb hole though.

5) You -CAN- load too big of a bowl. There is no need to load huge bowls.. it will just become more difficult to melt it all down and you are more likely to overheat it and burn it.

6) The reason speed lasts longer if you melt it down and spread it around the bowl is this (I think, correct me if I am wrong): if you have a thick puddle of speed in one place on the pipe and heat it from the bottom, the bottom of the puddle is getting MUCH hotter than the top, but cannot smoke as easily because there is a big layer of liquid on top of it. Thus the bottom layer begins to boil and burn, wasting the drug and making a mess of your pipe. Spreading it thin ensures this does not happen.

Peace.
evandar said:
I just have one thing to contribute - no ones posted anything about using a jet lighter properly

Jet Flames:
A jet flame is better to use than a normal bic lighter - if you can use it properly you can get much more out of your meth.. The main way to do it is pack the pipe in the middle of the bowl, heat the outside of the bowl (around the meth) so the glass around the meth is hot.. then spiral your way inwards and touch the flame to the meth.. the meth should turn into a puddle - take the flame away. Just roll the pipe around so the meth-puddle rolls over the pre-heated glass - smoking slowly.

If done properly you can get huge amounts of smoke out of our meth.

Last edited by a moderator:
well all I need now is some meth and the desire to do it

LOL

Good post though, assuming it's all true. I wouldn't know, don't like meth and don't know shit about it.

i think this is commonly known as "chasing the dragon"...
at least thats what ive heard it called, like smoking opium, same routine.. but very good read, i laft a few times..
My group of friends when we were doing this did it just about exactly like Red did/does..
i havent touched it in a month im glad yay...

but in response to lighters, and being careful,
we kept about 6 or 7 laying on the coffee table for this very reason, never has one lighter lasted long, or if only one was around, more then one person got burnt...
funny stuff..

hello folks

if i just wasnt so goddamned lazy and scattered, i woulda been smart enough to beat whoever and put up this thread but *sigh* i was as usual, procrastinating. :)

A tip for the lighters: If you dont have those handy blue flame torchy lighters, i suggest you learn how to make them NEEDLE lighters. Its an adjustable lighter (not the electric one) with the notch . With a blue flame you will have lesser chances of : a. burning your poor pipebottom to a soot {notgoood} plus the glass gets thinner the more you burn it. b.Wanna avoid the burned shit that tastes like charcoal.eek. Blue flames and the "burn a bit, pull away, burn a bit, pull away, suck ahhh" method as described earlier will guarantee you a pretty good hit, and the most value for your meth.
Also, you can keep a small piece of cotton doused in a bit of water, to rub your pipe bottom on after inhaling the smoke. Do you hear the "ssssst" sound? Good, thats your pipe thanking you for giving it some relief from all that heat. If no cotton available, try rubbing the bottom on a piece of cloth like your denims to help cool it down. (please, not on your legs)
happy safe tweeking tweex
8)

Last edited:
Warm or room temperature water is preferable on that piece of cotton.
Cold water + Hot glass = Broken pipe.

Or instead of rubbing it on things, just give it a rest for a few minutes. Rapidly heating and cooling repeatedly will weaken the glass, and eventually cause it to break.

Re: Hints and tips for smoking meth.

-=ReD-hAzE=- said:
Come one come all, read and learn, or share your own hints/tips/tricks for getting the most out of your smoke.

Anyways, first things first. "Cutting," or at least that's what I've always heard it refered to, and learned it that way. The act of melting down and allowing your meth to recrystalize all over in the bowl of the pipe. (While it is recrystalizing, roll that puddle around and spread it out. Do this inbetween hits also.) Supposedly ment to burn off cuts and impurities, however this is bullshit. Most cuts and practically all impurities melt right down and recrystalize in with the meth. Burning off while you smoke, and going into your lungs. Don't worry, this stuff is good for you. It'll grow some hair on your chest. Although "cutting" doesn't burn off any impurities or cuts, it does seem to make the bowl last longer. I'm not exactly sure how or why, but I try not to question a good thing. Longer lasting bowls equal more smoke and more high.

Don't use one of those fancy shmancy torch lighters. They burn too hot, and will destroy your drugs. This is not good, you want to just vaporize them and suck them into your lungs. Not burn them up into nothing. A regular Bic lighter works best, with Crickets coming in second. But be forwarned, lighters get really fucking hot when you keep them lit for those long hits so common with meth. They will burn you and hurt you, possibly making you jerk or twitch... only to end up throwing a frail glass pipe accross the room. Be careful with lighters.

The flame of your lighter should never be touching the glass. If it's close, it's probably too close. Getting too close means you're heating it too much, this destroys drugs. Not good. And it blackens up the pipe, which is a pain in the ass to clean and hard to see through.

Don't apply constant heat, as this will also get it too hot and destroy drugs. Again, not a good thing. Heat it until it's smoking good and pull flame away. When the smoke starts thinning, reapply flame until it's smoking good again.

Roll it side to side slightly while heating to help prevent overheating one spot and destroying product. You just want a nice smoking puddle, not a boiling one.

When coming to the end of your hit, after you've stopped heating it and the smoke is again starting to thin. But you don't have that much breath left to warrent reheating and getting it smoking good again. Carb it, or put your finger over the carb(hole on top of the bowl) to stop the airflow and allow more vapor to condense inside. Then once a little has condensed, release the carb and continue with the inhale. Not too fast, not too slow though. A slow tapping kind of action works best. Carb for a second, uncarb and inhale, carb for a second, uncarb and inhale, etc...

Before smoking the stem, remelt that shit down and let it recrystalize. Or if you have enough residue, melt it down and let it drip down into the bowl to recrystalize. While melting, plug the end of the stem with your finger to prevent vapor from escaping.

Hold the pipe with the end of the tube BEHIND your teeth. Although not the sole cause of tooth decay/loss, it sure as hell doesn't help anything to be sucking those water hungry meth vapors past your chompers. Holding the pipe on your lips will most likely result in some cute little dried out dead spots, which will also show up on your tongue if you get that in the way. So don't use your tongue as a valve to restrict airflow by plugging part of the tube. Yes it does slow down the hit, and allow for a bigger hit. But it fucks your tongue up pretty bad for a day or two.

Nice slow inhalation with micropuffing action seems to work best. Don't pause and hold your hit whiling searching for another spot to smoke because you have a little breath left. Don't hold your hit period. By the time you're done taking those long ass hits, most of what you're going to get out of the smoke has already been absorbed. Holding it longer may get you a little more out of it, but it's doing way more damage to your lungs in the process.

If you're worried about wasting smoke, share it with a boyfriend/girlfriend via mouth to mouth action. It doesn't have to take forever like a hit off the pipe. Quick and smooth works fine. Or, if you have no one to share with you could exhale into a ballon. And take a few more hits off it, inhaling and exhaling into the ballon. With breaths of fresh air inbetween hits of course.

Then if you're a real stickler, you can save that balloon. Since it has all them little water droplets from your breath that have absorbed a little vapor. Or if you have nice dry breath, the balloon may have a coating of residue. Just like the stem of your pipe. Get that stuff wet, and put it in with your Kool Aid/Juice/Water, or just lick it if you'd like. Or I suppose you could try to scrape it and load another bowl...

stop fucking tweaking

Whoah im pretty ucked up ATM but this is a good thread. Meth smoked is a bit like crack, only started tweaking recently but it compares

-=ReD-hAzE=- said:

Lighters

Don't use one of those fancy shmancy torch lighters. They burn too hot, and will destroy your drugs. This is not good, you want to just vaporize them and suck them into your lungs. Not burn them up into nothing. A regular Bic lighter works best, with Crickets coming in second. But be forwarned, lighters get really fucking hot when you keep them lit for those long hits so common with meth. They will burn you and hurt you, possibly making you jerk or twitch... only to end up throwing a frail glass pipe accross the room. Be careful with lighters.

I use a candle!

receiver said:
or in 6 words.. put meth in pipe and vapourise

drug basics?
First of all, it's not that simple. And if you think it's that simple, you should be kicked square in the face because you're obviously a dumb ass tweaker.

You can't just throw meth in a pipe, hold a lighter against it, and inhale. Well, you can... but then you'd be a moron.

And you spelled vaporize incorrectly.

dude after you have hit the tube and heated it enough too crystalize, you can not put your finger over the carb unless you want too get burned... other than that, good smoking tips, i wish i would had known all that shit 2 years ago when i first started smoking crizzy (thats what i call it) there is no telling how much shit i burned up trying too get a good hit because after im all geetered it seems as if i just cant hit it hard enough.

I had a long-time tweaker friend who adamently insisted that smoking from a meth bong reduced the impact on his lungs.

The most important lung damage reduction you can do is not hold the vapor in.