• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hints and Tips for Meth Smokers!

finally an answer!

My partner and I go round and round on this topic - use a Bic? use a torch? back the heat off! spin it! twirl it! stop sucking it so hard! The heating the bowl all around the hit first makes a lot of sense. And thanks for the tongue-pain avoidance tips my friend!

A torch is the best (while both will work). You only want to inhale very slowly. The longer (time wise) you can inhale the more you can take in with a hit. Pulling too much will pull it towards the mouthpiece, which is unnecessary.

WOW i haven't had any shit in over 2 years but DAMN all this sounds so delish

successful hotrailing?

DJ has been aware of hotrailing method for some time though never actually witnessed it.

Just wondered if there were any regular hot railers out there who rate it, and can provide a little more detail.

seems like main issues are a) nose burn b)product waste due to impossibility of inhaling all c) hot rocks in the shnoz d) melting product to surface and smearing e) temp too low and recieving a sinus stacked with the nose nasties.

questions - (experienced hotrailers only please, and save the substance bashing if you could good samaritans - one should be able to calculate ones own risks)

1) dimensions re stem length width thickness etc
2) must be glass only? boroscillate ok?
3) optimum shape or form of stem - any adaptions? ie rubber hose to stop burn
4) how much to use - not how much can you use - but how much can be administered with minimal wastage (personal tolerances aside)
5) propane torch ok? gas bottle kind.
6) optimum spot to heat at - cooling time? red and scorchio tip or longer stem and mid tube heating?
7) exhale and hoof like a monster or slowly slowly catchy monkey?
8) pile or line?
9) best surface to use?
10) any other hints and tips from successful and experienced fans of method.

regards and respect to all bluelighters who use and post informatively, peacefully, and intelligently

DJ 303

p.s apologies if all points have been covered before, repeated research didnt provide satisfactory plethora of first hand knowledge.

nnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg<3

Get yourself a nice long glass stem / tube / pipette in the 6-inch range. You want it at least six inches long to avoid burning your fingers / nose.
Heat over an intense flame (such as a propane torch) for quick heating. Otherwise a gas stove that produces good blue flames will do.
Expose only about 3/4 of an inch of the tip of the glass to the flame. Heat until glowing, then allow to cool off a little bit (just until it stops glowing / smoldering). Just don't let it cool off too much or the hot rail won't work.
Sniff your speed quickly (in a small pile or line, about five dollars' worth of crank) off of a glass surface or mirror. If done right, a portion of the drug will be vaporized and go up your nose as smoke and a small portion should go up your nose unchanged. So you get a small rail and a big hit (I always enjoyed sniffing a rail and then blowing out a cloud of smoke).
Enjoy :) But always in moderation.

i'm going to move this into the smoking meth thread that's on this page here.

apologies left wing - wrong posting?

forgive me - though "here" doesnt appear to have a link??? or is it just me?

respect

DJ

thank you eagleman

- queries if dj may though

- tube width? dj cant seem to find any glass stems thinner than test tubes around
- 5 dollars? no idea! - heard reports from a trusted old timer of succesful administration of 0.1 - 0.2? true? sounds like a hefty thwack with the dopamine stick - perfect before going out to DJ till next afternoon as has been known.

i suspect the "no point" point comes from unsuccessful administration/execution of what is indesputably a viable way to administer a huge hit instantaneously. Successful hotrailers only please! (no disrespect there sir - just want to hone the method)

sounds perfect if its doable - fat hit and thats it - get it out the way - come down - sleep - moderation indeed!
everything in moderation including moderation itself!
though in ten years dj has never once looked for rocks that aint there on a hairy bedroom floor - no dramas as yet :)

any other helpful hints/info/personal anecdotes welcomed........

You don't want to use a straight tube, nor heat the tip of it. Use a torch to heat to nearly glass blowing temp about 1.5" up from the tip and carefully bend it at 20-30 degrees, like a bendy straw would be if you had it upside down. Then to use it to hotrail reheat the bend to the appropriate temp as above and use. This ends up vaporizing much more of the powder and doesn't keep the tip at nearly as hot a temp making burns or damage to your furniture less likely. It's true that it's really just a bit of a party trick but it is a bit novel and it does turn a few minutes of rolling a bowl and hitting it into a 2 second process.

EDIT: You can use a fair number of tube widths in a pinch, but a best size is probably again around the size of a plastic straw around the outside. The inside will be thinner than a plastic straw of course because the glass is thicker. If you make it with too large a diameter tube you end up only vaporizing like half of what you rail. As far as how much you can do, shit either you're a maniac or get crap dope - .2? If you want to do that It would probably work though, the dope doesn't cool it down much, it more cools due to time. Practice with a smaller line and get a feel. Depending on how hot you get the bend and how thick the glass wall is it stays hot enough to be usable for 5-15 seconds after the torch is removed.

You can find glass pipettes that are about the appropriate length and diameter, other chemical glassware, longer eyedroppers, stuff at headshops. Be prepared to lop off an end of some of them. In the US they sell these "rosebuds" or "stems" that are 4"-5" glass tubes that a cheap fabric flower is sold in at convenience stores that are really just meant to be made into a ghetto crack pipe that work in a pinch as well.

Last edited:
any ideas on amounts that can be done this way?
to clarify - the process itself must have a limitation - does 0.1 sound reasonable?
(scientific clarification, not dosage advice request)

ta

btw - ive lost this thread now? anyone help??? forgive my website incompetence

ahhh found thread - ***wince****

thanks morphene for the tips, dj has a fair knowledge of lampworking/glass working and some kit so all should be gravy.

as said before - limitations of method were of interest - quality or quantity disputes dont need to be had. been around the block long enough to know the limits of the dj (and if you glanced at where dj is currently, youd know it aint quality thats an issue!)
thanks for wise and safe words though - good posting

respect

x

apologies left wing - wrong posting?

forgive me - though "here" doesnt appear to have a link??? or is it just me?

respect

DJ

nah mate, i just merged it into this thread for everyone's convenience since this thread is dealing with smoking meth.

No real point in hotrailing. Always seemed more like a fun party trick or something.

It gets you very spun if you do it right. Trust me, there's a point.

OP, my method works because I've done it countless times in my tweaker days. Morphene's technique will probably work too, though I've never tried it.
Experiment! That is the fun part.

As a fellow tweeker I just have to say this is the BEST thread I have read so far since joining bluelight. I actually joined to ask my own question but have read several forums since. I thought I knew EVERYTHING about smoking!!!!! Great read, great thread!!!!! Anymore tips anyones got? Everything I could say has already been covered.

I don't mean to troll at all, but I do have a tip: Don't use methamphetamine!

I cannot help but think that if people fully understood the gravity of its neurotoxicity, they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. We're born with the most neurons that we will ever have, and when they die they do not come back (with the exception of the olfactory bulb and certain hippocampus cells.)

If you fully understand all the risks and effects on the brain, and still want to try it--fine. But please, fully research how if affects the brain and the implications of its use.