Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Zolpidem (Ambien, 10mg) - First time - Dancing and Reconstruction

HaZenG

Bluelighter
Ambien 10mg - First time - Dancing and Reconstruction

• Ambien 10mg (zolpidem tartrate)
  • First time experience with any sleep aides
  • Intense Visuals, but very handleable (that a word?)
I've always had issues with my sleep, and being in medical school doesn't help the least bit on my sleep schedule. Being the situation, I had a check-up with my physician and I inquired about getting a script for a sleep aide. I had been prescribed 10mg of Ambien's to be used whenever needed.

I did some basic research about the drug and have seen it on BL and Erowid. I checked up on both sites and read what other people have written about the drug. Finding out that if you stay awake while taking an Ambien, you can have some pretty good visuals and get a drunken feeling without being drunk with minor, if any, side effects.

I decided that I had done enough homework on the drug, that it would be pretty safe for me to consume. I read a lot of posts that suggested that you should NOT insufflate the Ambiens due to a massive burning sensation and a nasty drip. I felt that after insufflating 2c-i, that I was in no doubt able to handle Ambien.

I placed 1 10mg Ambien into a small mixing bowl and proceeded to crush it up and grind it into a fine powder. There's a very very thin layer of coating on the pills, which didn't grind up all the way. I picked these pieces out and put them in a cup of water to just be sure that I would consume them somehow (Why waste?). There isn't much powder that results in the grinding, so I left it in the bowl and pushed it to the side with a roll.

[One last thing before I start the trip report: I'm a 21 year old male with a muscular build. I weigh 160 pounds at 5'9" tall. I am on a very healthy eating schedule with 6 small and health targeted meals a day. I tend to not eat after 8PM. This trip report will take place at 11PM. I am on no other medications so any side effects occured would be solely pinned on the Ambiens.]

T+0:00h:
I took my roll and placed it over the small amount of fine powder. I began to insufflate the powder through my right nostril. I figured I should take it all within one snort and did almost that. Instantly, I felt the burning sensation that everyone has written about. Damn, it was intense, but not as bad as 2c-i. I also tasted the drip, which I will tell you tastes like shit (not shit shit, but very strong and basic). I sort of stopped insufflating when I felt this and my right nostril had began to close up a little as I assume the lining became agitated and contracted. I pretty much rendered my right nostril useless and had to take in the rest of the fine powder with my left nostril, which basically means now that they are both burning like hell. The burn only lasts a couple minutes, but it gives you a nice rush feeling.

T+0:05h:
Five minutes after insufflating Ambien, I felt very very relaxed in a hard to desribe feeling. It's not like a stoned feeling, but it's very mellow. I started to notice things at a slower rate and almost like I had tracers. I decided I would sit in my chair and just talk to people online due to the behavoiral problems I have read about online.

T+0:15h:
My journey of talking online was starting to become more intense and the images on the computer were all moving around and would do amazing things. My background image consists of 2 pictures of Anna Faris (HOT!!) and she started to dance. I had some hiphop playing in the background on some internet radio site. Anna just kept dancing and I just kept staring at her.

T+3:00h (just kidding, but I could stare at her that long)

T+0:20h
No matter which website I visited, everything just seem to move around and dance and float right back into place. That's when my phone rang and I took the call. It was a friend of mine and I had no idea what I was saying, but the next day she said I was so sweet last night. Weird. As I looked around at objects in my room, I noticed that they were moving also. I stared at them a little more and realized that they were undoing themselves. Lightbulbs were unscrewing themselves, my stereo was coming apart, and other objects were unmaking themselves, only to rebuild or reconstruct. The cycle just kept going back and forth. These were some of the best visuals I've had.

T+1:00h The ambien started to wear off so I took half of a pill and crushed it up then insufflated it. That's the last thing I remembered.

T+12:00h
I woke up passed out on my bed still wearing my reading glasses. I wasn't under the covers, but I did have my hospital scrub PJs on. I go to turn my computer on and realize that it's still on, no away message, and my cordless mouse is underneith the table. I look around noticed that I spilled a cup of water JUST under my laptop and it didn't manage to get wet. I also noticed that there was a box of Mike & Ike's on the table, empty. The weirdest part about this is that I don't know how I aquired the box. I never eat those and don't understand where they had come from.

Ambien is a little on the scarey side as to the side effects of not being able to understand or know what you did after you had taken them. I'm still wondering where those damned Mike & Ike's came from. My advice is to make sure you lock yourself in your room or have a trip sitter be there with you that you can trust. I think Ambien would be closesly related to a date rape drug if you don't take it in the right settings.

[I noticed that I was missing a couple of nugs of my Afghani buds when I went to roll a dub. I'm not sure if I actually smoked them this night or not, but it's a complete possibility.]

Anyways, as usual, I advice everyone to do their reading about any drug that they wish to consume. The safest drug is no drug.

Re: Ambien 10mg - First time - Dancing and Reconstruction

HaZenG said:

T+0:20h
No matter which website I visited, everything just seem to move around and dance and float right back into place. That's when my phone rang and I took the call. It was a friend of mine and I had no idea what I was saying, but the next day she said I was so sweet last night. Weird. As I looked around at objects in my room, I noticed that they were moving also. I stared at them a little more and realized that they were undoing themselves. Lightbulbs were unscrewing themselves, my stereo was coming apart, and other objects were unmaking themselves, only to rebuild or reconstruct. The cycle just kept going back and forth. These were some of the best visuals I've had.

Hehe this sounds very similar to my experience with Lorazepam. Fun Stuff.

Re: Re: Ambien 10mg - First time - Dancing and Reconstruction

Chummp said:
Hehe this sounds very similar to my experience with Lorazepam. Fun Stuff.

I've actually tried Lorazepam, but only managed to get 2 pills...which turned out to be 1mg total. I was pissed, but I figured I'd give it a shot and use some buds to help fill the void of not having enough. Still didn't work, but I might have to give it a try again.

10mg oral

I'm studying human movements at university and like yourself I am quite healthy, slim-athletic build v low body fat.

I've suffered from inexplicable insomnia most of my life; stress certainly makes it worse but even when I am completely worry free and relaxed I still have many long nights laying awake.

I had a particularly bad stretch a month or so ago in which I went 4 nights and 5 days without any sleep whatsoever. After this time I was still doing surprisingly well but my concern over the severity and shade of the black patches under my eyes drove me to consult a doctor.

He told me that at my age I should be sleeping like a log and having no need of sleep aids but was willing to prescribe 7 ambien tablets.

On the first night I just ate the pill and popped into bed and was rewarded with 7 hours of blissful sleep, I was so overjoyed!

I tried to hold off using them as much as I could. The next time I took one I placed the pill in my mouth and chewed it to powder before washing it down with water.
Then I brushed my teeth, made my bed etc and went to check my e-mail and stuff before bed.

After about 15 minutes I was done and went to get up out of my chair; everything felt strange. My limbs were beyond heavy and I was having some troubles with coordination..... and I liked it :)

I made it back to my room easily enough but soon realised I'd left the lights on. Switched them off. Going back down the hallway in the dark it was very hard to walk indeed; I even noticed some mild visual distortions and colours appearing in the blackness....this was all very very enjoyable!

I layed down on my bed and was actually seeing some mild visuals and feeling an extremely euphoric body buzz for I guess about 5 minutes when I must have fallen asleep. (this is a sleeping pill after all)

My general summary: I can see why a drug like this would be very very addictive for me. For somebody who has always had great difficulty sleeping to be handed a pill that not only makes you feel great, but guarantees you a solid 7 hour sleep.....I want more.

Ambien is the weirdest drug I have ever taken. I used it about 5 times when I was 15 (bad idea). I have noticed that smoking weed cancels out the effect of ambien for me completely, and I felt completely sober. it made me feel like I have no free will and at times the closed eye visuals were so intense and hauntingly beautiful that I would sit there for a long time with my eyes closed. I would love to do it again, as in the hypnotic state, my body felt extremely euphoric. It can be a fun and useful substance (a very very good sleep aid). Safe riding:)

The biggest problem I have with ambien is that you will probably not remember most of it. You will remember having a good time, and the first 30 minutes or so. After that my memory becomes very sparse. People will say things to you and it will trigger slight memories, but not enough to remember what happened.

But - it works great as a sleep aid if you take it and go straight to bed.

I got that thing too where my instand messaees boxes keep mooving aound the screen. This might be an odpost, i just railed xanax

so now we know what snorting ambien's like. This beggs the question has anyone tried plugging it?

HaZenG said:
Ambien is a little on the scarey side...

I agree with that, I did 30mg the other night, was probably one of worst bad trips (if not worst) I have ever had. It definitely is a weird drug, has strange effects on the way you think. Enjoyed the trip report =D

Ambien stories always have a certain element of creepiness to them. They remind me of Edgar Allen Poe stories for some reason.

The only times I've done Ambien were 2 different times in one week, once at 10mg and once at 15mg. Neither did much other than an extremely subtle body lightness and spaceyness. But I'd be willing to try it some more, cautiously, if it were offered.

^ambien seems to be much more potent/psychoactive when snorted as opposed to eating it. IME snorting 5mg produces a much more of a psychoactive effect than eating 10mg, which just produced a slight sedation, not even enough to put me to sleep.

snorting produces a low-dose DXM like trippyness as well as light visual effects like pixel vision and slight movement. its a very unique drug.

the burn from snorting is quite bad though. not as bad at snorting 2C-I, but worse than ketamine/mdma/oxy, probally compareable to snorting pure meth.

speakin of ambien ive only tried it 2 times.

now the second time i did it, i did it jus comlpetely by itself. well a few minutes after i popped it i smoked maybe 2-3 bowls of some nug with some friends of mine and went home right after that. layed down and went to sleep.

but the first time. . . .thats what im still confused about and have yet to come across the same two drugs at the same time to try this again.
i had taken a 2 mg. xanex , maybe 45 minutes to an hour befopre i had popped the ambien. i was jus sittin there in my crafts class( im still a senior :/) and had held onto the ambien all day long till i jus decided to pop it and see what would happen. well literally no more than 10 minutes after i pop it i lay my head down on the desk outta boredom. lift my head no more than a minute later, and im seeing double and realize im feeling like i jus chugged a few shots worth.

whyd i feel extremely drunk and see double and not act myself the first time i took it while bein completely normal and fine the second time i took it? possibly cause i took iot on top of a 2 mgs. of xanex? not even that much.

p.s. sorry HaZenG, dont mean to take your fire :D nice report. makes me pretty tempted to call a friend right now and say i want some for tomorrow.

^Im quite sure it's because you combined it with 2mg of xanax. First of all, I guess you probably have tolerance, but 2mg of xanax isn't a small amount... that much knocks me out with no hope of staying awake. When you combine another benzo-like depressant (Ambien), which is even stronger in some different ways, you're going to end up with a more powerful effect than if you combined both of their effects when taken separately.

^^^

lol. naw i dont have a tolerance to benzos what so ever. i havent even come across any xanex since then. but yea xorkoth thanks for that response. always was kind of confused why i recated the way i did that day. thinkin back it was funny, and fun at the same time. walkin round the school when it let out, stumblin round and slurrin my words. . . . .still cant beleive that little bit did that much to me, but then again i NEVER take benzos. try to stay with the opiates.:D

I'm particularly susceptible to benzos it seems. About months ago I was going on a business trip to Dallas. I took 1mg of clonazpam, 10mg of diazepam, and .5mg of xanax (I think that was the amount). That was in the morning before leaving the house. The next thing I remember I was leaving my hotel room in Dallas, going to my work's office.

Turns out, while benzoed out of consciousness, I had driven myself to the airport, parked my car in the long-term lot, found my way to check-in, got my ticket, got on the plane, flew there, got off, managed to get my baggage and pick out a rectal car, then driven out of the airport and all the way to my hotel, which I didn't even have directions to, check into the hotel, and get up to my room.

As you can probably imagine, that scared the shit out of me, but I'm glad (and really surprised) that i was able to autopilot so well... I mean, all that would have been somewhat difficult for me to do smoothly if I was conscious.

Let's see: I've done Ambien a few hundred times, up to 150mg. Ambien tripping is definitely creepy, but not like a nightmare like benadryl. I actually find the trips somewhat similar, but ambien doesn't make me feel like shit for a couple days after. And here's a nifty suggestion - take about 10-20mg with some mushrooms. For some reason Ambien seems to make mushroom visuals really come "alive", and you get the feeling that you're inside a dream, but able to control every aspect of it.

bandario said:
I tried to hold off using them as much as I could. The next time I took one I placed the pill in my mouth and chewed it to powder before washing it down with water.
Oh, dear god, that's disgusting. I did that twice with ambien, and I still taste the horrid metallic chemical in my mouth every time I drink bottled water as a result.

Ambien is a very innocuous drug, because it essentially makes one delerious. It fucks me up completely (I've only done 10-20mg, and probably six or so times) and I don't realize it at all.

My most WTF memory is sitting at my computer typing away at something, a word file - I had opened it before with the intention of writing something while tripping - and thinking "Aw, this shit's totally normal and not interesting, it won't be any fun to read tomorrow when I'm not on ambien".

I wake up the next morning and read it, and it says very strange, random things, all horribly misspelled because ambien rapes my motor control. An excerpt, from memory, with no spelling mistakes:

"Ha-ha, I laughed. Watch as the pervading light of thought spills into this golden abode. Fragmented thousands. Twisted centrally in out left twenty three."

It makes no sense and was just me typing gibberish (as far as I'm concerned ambien is not even remotely valuable as an introspective tool) but it does speak volumes on the nature of the trip.