• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

drug use in rehab?

twiggy_stardust

Bluelighter
My S/O is in this rehab right now. He's been there about 2 months and has 4 months to go. Anyway, when he went into the rehab program he really planned to make it work and stay clean. He even called me after the first week asking me to quit drugs for him. But that attitude didn't last long. As it turns out, a large percentage of the people there are using drugs. He's seen some people get caught and get kicked out, some sent to prison. So for a while he was just to scared to use, but they don't have drug tests unless the Leader people suspect they're on drugs.

R made good friends with this guy T who shoots heroin every single day, usually several times a day. He doesn't do heroin, but now he has started smoking pot every day. The rehab patients are allowed passes to go out in the evenings as long as they aren't by themselves and they have to be back by a certain time. Anyway, so I went and met up with R and T at the mall. I was on meth, T was on heroin, and R was on coke. We went back to the place where I stay and did some more drugs and then we went back to the rehab. T and R waited until the leader dude had gone to bed and they snuck me into their room. R and I just chilled out and didn't do any more drugs, but T was shooting heroin about every hour.

It just seemed so weird that this was a drug rehab and from what it sounds like, the majority of the people there are still using. Anyway, what I'm wondering is if that's common in rehabs. I'm sure at any place somebody could find a way to get something. But I didn't expect drug use would be so heavy in a rehab. Anybody else got stories about drugs in rehab?

Its common when you have a bunch of withdrawling addicts confined 24/7, and whose conversation revolves around drugs constantly to want ot use drugs in rehab. I have used plenty of times in rehab, some people in rehab are just not ready to quit and are angry for being there so ultimately use.

In one rehab I was at, outsiders from the rehab center would come in for 3 weekly in house NA meetings and 2 girls (from the outside) would come in with a few bundles (20-24 bags) and sell them to the people that want to use that are stuck in residential treatment.

I have seen OD deaths in rehabs just because someone needed that proverbial last hit (yea right) and tanked up on benzos, takes a bath, injects ODs and drowns in the hot tub.

Rehabs are a waste unless you truly want to get clean...

ANd some crazy shit goes on in those places regard less of highends rehabs or cheap state-funded ones.

Another rehab I was in at lunch time (we were not allowed to leave the building) a local dealer would show up and than he would have a tennis bacll that was sliced open and he would bounce it up to the 3rd floor, you would put your money in the ball bounce it down and than he would throw it back up with the amount of dope you wanted. 8(

^^^
LMAO! That tenis ball thing is fucking hillarious! I mean, it's a cleaver idea i guess but it just really cracked me up. lol

Far out that tennis ball idea is crazy. I guess if you were truely trying to quit you would want to be in a clean environment, wouldn't be cool trying to quit some hard drugs only to see your roomate or whoever shooting up constantly. I guess some people have to go there (from the courts) but for those truely trying to get clean it seems the best idea is to drive out to the country blow up your car and live clean for a few months or something.

I'm surprised they let you have enough spending money in rehab to buy drugs with. A friend of mine knows of some kind of labor camp/drug rehab thing where it's lock in and they only pay you $3 a day, specifically so you can't go buy drugs with it. I'd have to ask him, but it may be affiliated with the Salvation Army...

Supposidely it's real popular with homeless people.

I''ve been in 9 different rehabs (mostly court ordered). I ended up doing more drugs in rehab that I was doing out on the street in the first place. First time I tried heroin was in rehab. With a bunch of drug addicts living in the same house/building, what do they expect?:\ Funny thing is I was the house coordinator in my last rehab (for anyone who's been in a longterm residential and knows what the "status team" is) and I was basically helping staff run shit, telling people what to do, what to clean, I got to go home every weekend, and got to decide who could go on home visits and who couldn't (of course staff could override my decisions, but they usually wouldn't) and I was on drugs the entire time. I don't know how, but I never failed a drug test.

The only thing I ever gained from rehab was how to hide my addiction and how to manipulate peoples minds.

Last edited:
lol, so true ^

Ive to been to countless programs of all fashion, some nice ones I have been (forced, in a way, but I wanted to clean up, kinda, temporarily) you dont have to even piss test, just get zonked out on high doses of a plethora of pills, sit in saunas, hottubs, and if you stay long enough you just chill and have fun wiht the girls, cause you know what happens when ppl get clean. some rehabs suck, medicated is the way to go, they load you up. . .

blahblahblah said:
some nice ones I have been (forced, in a way, but I wanted to clean up, kinda, temporarily) you dont have to even piss test, just get zonked out on high doses of a plethora of pills, sit in saunas, hottubs, and if you stay long enough you just chill and have fun wiht the girls, cause you know what happens when ppl get clean.
I've been to one rehab like that. Expensive motherfucker, $1000 a day. I was supposed to stay for 30 days but I could only stay for 14 because of insurance/money issues. They put me on an "acccelerated program", but really, we didn't do shit there. It was like 2 weeks at a summer camp. I loved it. I hooked up with this hot girl while I was there too. I actually didn't want to leave, LOL.

A stark contrast, however, to some of the other shit hole long terms I've been in. Like the ones where they fuckin scream at you and try to make you scrub the floor with toothbrushes, and count grains of rice, and shave your head and make you wear stupid signs as punishments. (yes, they really do that)

Yea insurance companies can be little bitches sometimes, Ive been kicked out at the 14th day for some bullshit insurance inpatient/ go to out patient bullshit. They were loooking to boot me out of that place though, anything they hated me there ... lool

*CrystalMeth Bunny* said:
I'm surprised they let you have enough spending money in rehab to buy drugs with. A friend of mine knows of some kind of labor camp/drug rehab thing where it's lock in and they only pay you $3 a day, specifically so you can't go buy drugs with it. I'd have to ask him, but it may be affiliated with the Salvation Army...

Supposidely it's real popular with homeless people.

They aren't allowed to have cash. They can have money but the rehab people keep it for them and whatever they buy has to have receipts. But since they are allowed outside the rehab they can find way to still get money I guess. Like I gave my boyfriend some money when I got to see him.

let's see, at the last place i went, i brought meth back from a home visit, my friend and I stayed up for 5 days, and the gardeners brought in coke and crack for us, i did crack for the first time there

my g/f's brother went to rehab and while in there he found a spot that had shrooms...so he tripped his way thru rehab

Thumbs down to the dicksizing here.

People who want to use in rehab shouldn't waste the time of the people who are trying to help them, nor should taxpayers have to foot the bill for the ones who receive public assistance and don't stick with the program.

I'm sure it's just as easy to get drugs in rehab as it is in prison. One of the actions I've done with regard to drugs that I am most ashamed of was sneaking a friend in inpatient a couple years back a few Xanax. He took them all at once, made a complete ass of himself to one of the staff and got a bunch of privileges revoked, including visitation.

Why enable people who are trying to get clean? That sucks. :(

mariposa420 said:
People who want to use in rehab shouldn't waste the time of the people who are trying to help them, ...

as some people have said, they HAVE to go because the court tells them to.

jeeeeez rehab dosent sound 1/2 bad....i still wouldnt want to go tho......in like rehab do the ppl that are having w/d from i dunno heroin what do they do? just sit in there room all day and feel like crap? just wondering my friend went to one twice but its not the type of thing to talk about with her since shes clean now you know?

yeah rehab is really not so "safe" a place. even in a lock down psyche ward i ended up smoking pot and trading meds. theres almost always going to be a way to get drugs around a bunch of other drug addicts. they can be fun too sometimes if you get a bunch of friends in there and hook up with the girls and so forth. but yeah alot of people in rehabs dont really want to be there anyway, so theres gonna be drugs.

actually at my first rehab, it woulda been real damn hard to get drugs in, besides prescription meds people took, and even w/ that, they make sure really thoroughly that you swallowed it. whenever you went off campus without a staff member, you and yer belongings had to be "checked in". meaning you get strip searched, and they look through every square inch of your bags/clothes/etc. one place i think they didnt look was deodorant, on the inside. if you rolled the deo. stick all the way out, then cut a hole outta the middle, you could put yer stash in, and roll the deo. back up. never tried it myself

Where are these rehabs??? Ehat the hell, shows you how much i know these days.....There's no way my bf would try to get while in rehab. The place he went to, requires that all people admitted must call and give their resons for wanting to be part of their rehablilitation program. I hope he doesn't try something silly. I doubt it.

Thumbs down to the dicksizing here.

God, grow-up nobody is dicksizing were are telling real life stories about using drugs in rehab, that was the topic wasn't it...?

Complain in another thread

drugs are rampant in rehab