• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

drug use in rehab?

I've smoked a joint while at an inpatient facility in Florida. My dude left AMA from the treatment center, went out and got wrecked on Xanax bars, IV oxycodone, ecstasy rolls, and cannabis. He had some weed left over and was able to conceal it while getting re-admitted into the rehab. He came up to me after a mandatory 12-step meeting we had to go to and was like "Yo you tryna smoke this loud with me tonight when we get back to the residence." Of course, I was all about it (I was not in treatment at that time by my own will. I was giving an ultimatum by family). I remember getting stupid high and then feeling mad paranoid when the staff came by to do a head-count. Luckily, I called myself out on it before I got drug-tested (which we all did 2-3x a week) and they let me stay.

Not long after that, dude that had come from a sketchy halfway house in Del Ray brought some liquid vape juice that was AB-FUBINACA in place of nicotine haha. I was basically tripping after taking several rips off the vape. It got 4 of us high as fuck. Me and one of my roommates proceeded to devour the food, which pissed off our other roommates.

I ended up drinking all the time months later, which I always got away with until one my roommates joined in and got fucking annihilated off of next to nothing and passed out in the bathroom with the shower running. I left before they could give me the boot. I ended up living at a house that one of my buddies who had relapsed in the halfway I was just at rented with some of his friends. It was a gaint, relapse shit-show. We were all shooting Dilaudid out the ass and they were soooo fucking expensive, it was unreal to maintain any proper habit down there and the dope I had from Miami was straight garbage. A dude I lived with was a previous employee of the rehab I graduated from, he had just recently quit and was in back in action (ahem... strung the fuck out). He still had a key and the code to the detox meds safe. I was the lookout while he went in there and stole mad amounts of valium, buprenorphine, clonazepam, clonidine, and seroquel. He gave me most the valium ;) luh dat shit

That sounds awfully similar to my rehab experience down there lol.. I don't know how anyone thought that many rehabs near each other could be a good idea? I guess they never considered it cause they were making money hand over fist and obviously the county doesn't give a shit--they weren't even doing anything about the bullshit unlicensed "sober houses."

I knew at least 7 people who IV'd drugs for the first time either during their time at the inpatient I went to, or right after they'd been kicked out. My place also had this thing where if you messed up they'd literally kick you out for 24 hours. So literally homeless for 24 hours---and they expected you not to use. So fucking stupid. I'm surprised no one ever sued over that, but you probably sign your life away lol. And I don't know how the half-fixed still-brain-dead junkies that are the "counselors" are supposed to help.. FUNNY STORY the counselor that was the biggest piece of shit while I was there--he was later arrested for possession of heroin and delivery of narcotics and I believe is still in prison down there. Piece of shit deserves everything he gets.

And I had some ok times, getting high af on JWH spice blends after we discovered them. Realizing their UAs weren't getting oxy, and then were only like a 24hr window, so doing lots and lots of oxy lol

I found detox a shitload easier when I jad visitors bring me drugs.

It was a court thing.

Last time I went to detox I did smuggle drugs in and it was slick, I put em in cigarettes. Didn't work out well cuz they hold your smokes for you.

They were surprised when I quit smoking for a while but I said I felt sick. Luckily they had to let me go quick and I ended up in the hospital cuz they didn't really give me medication. Long story short they couldn't detox me and keep me alive so they discharged me as successfully detoxed really fast but in my case they wanted me to come off medication I think I need and most doctors think I need.

I have seizures so I kinda feel validated taking the medication that prevents them and for me drug treatment feels worse than jail cuz I get my medication in jail. That is some shit when the jail doctor has more sense than the detox doctor.

Of course I have witnessed heavy drug use in both settings. There was a guy who checked in just to sell crack and get new customers. That was when they didn't search you and your stuff really and you could have visitors.

They gave you condoms when you check in and tell you if you have sex you are out. People still managed. I found you could climb out the window they wouldn't notice.

I have seizures so I kinda feel validated taking the medication that prevents them and for me drug treatment feels worse than jail cuz I get my medication in jail. That is some shit when the jail doctor has more sense than the detox doctor.

Disagree. If they were a good doctor they wouldn't be at a detox lol.

The first doctor that I met at my inpatient rehab was a fucking moron--I could have done his job better and I was like 1/3 his age. Next guy was barely competent (competent enough to just listen to me). Most doctors in the "addiction" field aren't very good because it's the least scientific and the least profitable of pretty much any branch of medicine. Only plus side is it's pretty cushy cause everyone expects like 99% failure rate.

I don't want to go off topic but I kinda need to be on benzos and the only treatment option that worked for me was outpatient.

I did go to detox and they don't take you off but inpatient wants to and I couldn't deal with it and decided I would rather go to jail but luckily outpatient eas an option after that and my PO let me do that.

What kept got me off heroin and the needle was losing everything that mattered to me and it wasn't loss of material things.

Anyways treatment isn't one size fits all and I they don't have drs at inpatient in my area. So a flat out no benzo policy didn't work for me.

After things got to the point where I lost everything I went back to outpatient and did it for a year right now. It's been a year since I used heroin or shot up.

Oh I totally agree with everything you said. I was just trying to make a joke about loser doctors, but in rereading my post I'm not sure it was actually funny..

In my experience, only one or two people out of maybe 50 used during treatment, and that was usually when they left on a day pass. I went to SNIP and they were pretty good about making sure that didn?t happen. It all depends on what the rules are and how well they are enforced. The better the staff (techs, therapists, etc.) the less likely you are to see people getting high in treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I was in a rehab this spring a friend of mine who used to smuggle stuff in and out our country had some fun by sending drugs by mail to me.

Every week there was some weird stuff sent to me and it all passed the scrutinious exams by staff.

First time I didn't expect there to be anything so I unwrapped a Mentos roll which looked perfectly unopened just to find out that some of the candies had been switched out to gel caps containing MDMA. Could just barely conceal them as I rushed back to my room.

Second time I got an USB charger which was in an unopened back but didn't work at all when I tried to use it. Turned out it has been hollowed out and filled with benzos and LSD blotters.

Wasn't that much fun for me as I didn't want to use drugs at the rehab so I just kept on hiding them in various places in my room so they couldn't been found even if there would be a room search.

Unfortunately, I am on Medicare and have been to many shithole rehabs in Florida and Nevada. In one stay in Florida, they had me on some sort of hidden camera surveillance. Every time I rolled over, BAM! they were in there taking my vitals, etc. Since it was a shithole, they didn't give me a pillowcase and if you've ever detoxed, you know that you sweat your ass off and get terrible chills. Imagine sweating on a plastic pillow (and the germs! Ack!). Well, me being me, I had a shit fit and started telling any client that would listen that "this place is the ghetto of rehabs!" I was promptly kicked out AND they sicked the fucking DEA on my Prescribing Doctor, who refused to give me anything and was scared shitless. I went to a Pain Management Dr and, this was FLORIDA in the early 2000s, fer crying out loud, and scored everything I needed. Fuck the DEA.

Oh! I forgot my whole point ^^^... I have found that the easiest way to sneak drugs into rehabs is to gently stuff it into tampons and gently re-seal the wrappers. Worked every time. I could NOT sleep detoxing and quickly learned my lesson to bring sleep aids in with me.