• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

drug use in rehab?

When I was in rehab I used a little bit. When they took me off of Subutex I went absolutely crazy.

Wouldn't put me back on it, so I left and got on maintenance.

I went to rehab once a couple years ago. I had a buddy that was in there the same time that i have known for years. This kid was a complete nut and went on pass one day and came back with a ten strip a couple xannies and some yayo. I personally couldnt fuck up and was in there because of court so i couldnt partake. This kid ended up gettin obliterated and subsequently kicked out. He also got another charge because he ended up selling some to another guy so on top of getting kicked out got a nice long 18 month vacation at the local state prison for that one.

Every inpatient rehab I have been in, I was using or around people who were using. My last rehab I was in, the first 3 weeks of it I was shooting dope with other guys in there. I remember once, when I was in medical detox, one of the other patients was allowed to leave during the day for work, and one night he came back with a gatorade bottle half full with GHB. That was the first time I had ever done GHB, so that was fun. But yeah, rehab is full of drugs and people hooking up and fucking in the bathrooms lol.

I'm in a halfway house type rehab and I've seen people snorting ice, dealing significant quantities of ice, snorting Roxies, and eating hydrocodone. They closed down one of the houses when they kicked out all the people from it and they were drinking, smoking pot, and eating Xanax's.

I got a script for 20 Lortabs for an abcess that I aquired while I was here (not by shooting dope) a couple days ago, I could have just kept them handy but decided against it.

I've never been to rehab, but I've attended lots of AA meetings. And there are alot of people at meetings who are still drinking or using. Some are honest about it, some are not.

What this has in common with rehab is that many people who are attempting recovery do not really want to do it. What they want is to keep doing more without any of the consequences. And for some of us, it takes alot of time and alot of pain before we finally come to that realization that it's just not worth it anymore and you really do want to stop. Some will change their minds and go back out. A very few may learn how to moderate their habit, but I believe it's such a small percentage that it's not worth considering seriously.

When I've sponsored people or given advice, it was often just asking them if they are truly ready to stop for good. And I would suggest they go back out for more punishment if they weren't sure yet. It makes one face the reality of their addiction.

If you're in rehab or at a meeting, chances are pretty good you've got a problem that you can't handle on your own the way you have been. You've got to change. And you won't do that until you want it first.

I hope your S/O doesn't have to endure much more pain before making the choice. Good Luck!

I have never been a resident in a rehab facility...

I went to visit my mom when she did one of her 3 stays along with subsequent ECT treatments. They were pretty hardcore there, no leaving and coming back.... it was pretty much a low security prison type of rehab center.... no shoes with strings or chords that could be used to hang yourself with, no lighters, etc.... really the only things that were allowed in were non toxic non edibles, cigarettes, and clothes without any strings on them.... They allowed people to smoke but they had to do it in an enclosed area outside and have an attendant light them for them.....

she said people would get kicked out every now and then......

the fucked up thing about it all is that it really did very little.... A while after getting out we noticed she was fucked up, checked around and found a bottle of xanax, one of the drugs she had been to rehab over.... turns out the doctor that prescribed it works as a doctor for the rehab center.... go to rehab, get out, go next door, get some pills, get fucked up.... rinse and repeat....

A quick aside: I was in an in-patient a while back. There was a new girl who was a pain in the ass and a real harpy, just a generally disagreeable person. The little clique I was in let word leak out her that we had gotten a hold of some dope and we'd sell her some. We even caught some nods during one of the group sessions. She got caught blowing a guy or some shit, or breaking one of the several rules, so they were gonna kick her out. In order to stay, she ratted us all out, and we got pulled to take piss tests.

In actuality we just thought she was a snitch and not a very nice person, so we lied to her. We passed our pee tests and they threw her out.

In related news: yes, drug use in rehab is pretty common. I've heard all sorts of elaborate schemes for drug dealers to deliver shit to people, that tennis ball plot on the first page isn't so far-fetched.

everyone is scoring in rehab! and every is having sex.
I did powder heroin for the first time in rehab. Auctually, the rehab I was full and we started getting a little too crazy. Everyone just kept pushing the envelope until the owner came down and kicked out like 20 people. Some people got straight fucked out of their 30,000$ some of the drug dealers narqed on other people and stayed in! Heh, well he stayed in until the prison guy called him out in the middle of the next group, he just left after that. I left a few days after that too.

I am telling you, the owner of spencer recovery makes MAD bank. 30 people in there at 1200$ a night!! and the employees are just ex junkies themselves. The only cost they had was food, a few counslers, and maybe one or two doctors.

I fucking hated rehab.

My ex confided in me that he was going to sneak me a bottle of vodka last time I was in detox. I was pretty fucking pissed because I was actually trying to get off everything. But, he stole a car to come visit me and got arrested on the way, so the alcohol never made it there ;)

some rehabs ive been in, i didnt need to shoot up in. with all the benzos/seroquel/trazadone/ etc they were giving me, on top of the methadone/suboxone, i was high as a kite the whole time i was there. its easy to say youll never shoot dope again when youre all numb on high doses of anti-psycotics and shit. the day i got out and was left with only suboxone/methadone and not all that other shit, you basically learn nothing and go right back to using your DOC cause sobriety hits you like a punch in the face. rehabs in hospital settings are a joke imo, detox is diff obviously.

Another rehab I was in at lunch time (we were not allowed to leave the building) a local dealer would show up and than he would have a tennis bacll that was sliced open and he would bounce it up to the 3rd floor, you would put your money in the ball bounce it down and than he would throw it back up with the amount of dope you wanted. 8(

I wish everything was done via tennis ball trade.

You guys are tellin rehab heaven stories, here is a rehab hell story. We have a Rehab in the middle of the Karoo desert that is a forced labour Concentration Camp. If you try escape, you'll probably die in the desert. I know a guy that went there for H and he said it was the most terrible 6 months of his life. People died while he was there, he was completely traumatized and said it was like being stuck in a horror movie. He relapsed ad got a intrathecal pump implant (I think). Dunno if he's still alive.

The place:
http://drugalarm.co.za/index.php
Read the daily schedule, you'll be doing hard labour for minimum 1 year
They've ended up killing a few people there. Denying diabetics insulin or people medical attention (God provides). The guy I know said they beat the crap out of you if you disobeyed the rules. One kid was beaten to death while locked in a cell. Corporal punishment was banned here since then, it still happens, they just call it self defence now:
http://www.capeargus.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=49&fArticleId=2125899

http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&q=noupoort+deaths&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr=countryZA&aq=f&oq=
http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=noupoort+suicide&btnG=Search&meta=cr=countryZA

Apparently there's rehabs in Mexico that are like that, they're all nice to the kids in front of the Upper Middle class US parents and then it's abuse and similar sadist shit going down.

Its common when you have a bunch of withdrawling addicts confined 24/7, and whose conversation revolves around drugs constantly to want ot use drugs in rehab. I have used plenty of times in rehab, some people in rehab are just not ready to quit and are angry for being there so ultimately use.

In one rehab I was at, outsiders from the rehab center would come in for 3 weekly in house NA meetings and 2 girls (from the outside) would come in with a few bundles (20-24 bags) and sell them to the people that want to use that are stuck in residential treatment.

I have seen OD deaths in rehabs just because someone needed that proverbial last hit (yea right) and tanked up on benzos, takes a bath, injects ODs and drowns in the hot tub.

Rehabs are a waste unless you truly want to get clean...

ANd some crazy shit goes on in those places regard less of highends rehabs or cheap state-funded ones.

Another rehab I was in at lunch time (we were not allowed to leave the building) a local dealer would show up and than he would have a tennis bacll that was sliced open and he would bounce it up to the 3rd floor, you would put your money in the ball bounce it down and than he would throw it back up with the amount of dope you wanted. 8(

Haha that tennis ball idea is great. Another good way to get dope into rehab is in your tie. If you wear ties when you go to rehab you can fit about a bundle in the knot of your tie ;)

I've smoked a joint while at an inpatient facility in Florida. My dude left AMA from the treatment center, went out and got wrecked on Xanax bars, IV oxycodone, ecstasy rolls, and cannabis. He had some weed left over and was able to conceal it while getting re-admitted into the rehab. He came up to me after a mandatory 12-step meeting we had to go to and was like "Yo you tryna smoke this loud with me tonight when we get back to the residence." Of course, I was all about it (I was not in treatment at that time by my own will. I was giving an ultimatum by family). I remember getting stupid high and then feeling mad paranoid when the staff came by to do a head-count. Luckily, I called myself out on it before I got drug-tested (which we all did 2-3x a week) and they let me stay.

Not long after that, dude that had come from a sketchy halfway house in Del Ray brought some liquid vape juice that was AB-FUBINACA in place of nicotine haha. I was basically tripping after taking several rips off the vape. It got 4 of us high as fuck. Me and one of my roommates proceeded to devour the food, which pissed off our other roommates.

I also overdoses and got revived with Narcan, after shooting the only "fire" heroin (fentanyl laced of course) I ever came acrossed during the almost-year I spent living in halfway houses down there. I got put on restriction; meaning I couldn't go anywhere for like 2 weeks, unless it was a 12-step meeting. I ended up drinking all the time months later, which I always got away with until one my roommates joined in and got fucking annihilated off of next to nothing and passed out in the bathroom with the shower running. I left before they could give me the boot. I ended up living at a house that one of my buddies who had relapsed in the halfway I was just at rented with some of his friends. It was a gaint, relapse shit-show. We were all shooting Dilaudid out the ass and they were soooo fucking expensive, it was unreal to maintain any proper habit down there and the dope I had from Miami was straight garbage. A dude I lived with was a previous employee of the rehab I graduated from, he had just recently quit and was in back in action (ahem... strung the fuck out). He still had a key and the code to the detox meds safe. I was the lookout while he went in there and stole mad amounts of valium, buprenorphine, clonazepam, clonidine, and seroquel. He gave me most the valium ;) luh dat shit

Last edited:
Last time I was in rehab I was high more often than not on stuff I knew their inferior UA's didn't test for. They didn't even test for oxy and other opioids, just morphine and the closely related chemicals (H, codeine). Then there was weed, benzos, amphetamines and cocaine. That was all. I was high on 3meopcp and opioids almost 24/7. The first time (which was a long-ass time) I took it more seriously though. It's also in rehab that I did heroin for the first time, go figure...

I tried so hard to get high last time I was in rehab. Couldn't and god was it frustrating as fuck

Don't waste money and go to rehab thinking to use drugs its stupid, even if your doing it to please parents/courts/SO.
All that money could be used to by food, cars, beneficial drugs that is unless your insurance covers the cost of treatment.

As far as drug use in rehab, I've noticed that most dealers tend to set up shop closest to these centers because they know that addicts are most desperate when confined and without drugs. Most profits are made in these types of settings.

This is VERY common.

I mean, you're around drug addicts, lol

I was in rehab over the summer.. I relapsed about 8 times in my 3 month stay..

I relapsed on,

Heroin, Cannabis, Alcohol, Valium, Subutex

Yeah, rehab has drugs everywhere,.

Don't waste money and go to rehab thinking to use drugs its stupid, even if your doing it to please parents/courts/SO.
All that money could be used to by food, cars, beneficial drugs that is unless your insurance covers the cost of treatment.

As far as drug use in rehab, I've noticed that most dealers tend to set up shop closest to these centers because they know that addicts are most desperate when confined and without drugs. Most profits are made in these types of settings.

Well, when I was in rehab the 2nd time, it was court ordered. I had no choice but to be there and had no intention of quitting at the time, so yeah I used a lot of drugs that time. The first time I was in rehab I wanted to try quitting though, and I only used twice during the whole year I was there (and never IN rehab, just on the weekends I was allowed to go home). But I agree with you mostly, it's just that sometimes you don't have a choice (which is ridiculous in itself IMO because if a user doesn't want to quit, forcing rehab on them won't work anyway).