• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural vs. Chemical / Synthetic Psychedelics Thread

Do you (tend to) prefer synthetic psychedelics (incl LSD) or natural ones?

• Natural

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
I'm not saying I like one more than the other, but something can be added to a high by using something completely organic, and I imagine it would only be intensified if you grew it yourself, like smoking good homegrown pot or mushrooms. I'm also not saying that this adds any physical feelings to a high, but it's just kind of a mindset. Like, "Wow, man, this came straight out of the ground!" Like a connection to the earth or something. It's just cool. Kind of makes the world feel more magical.

IMO, the actual chemical matters more than whether it's organic or not. 5-MeO-DMT, DPT, LSD and 4-HO-DiPT all have a spiritual aspect to their trips. 2C-I, 2C-T-21 and MDMA all give me a somewhat uncomfortable body load and seem more chemical in nature. all natural entheogens I've tried have definitely been spiritual, but I've had just as intense mystical experiences on chemicals. I think it just depends on the chemical.

morninggloryseed said:
I don't think it matters. I've gotten just as much from synthetics as I have natural ones. And who knows which ones are natural? DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, d-lysergic acid amide, and others were first made in a lab and thought to be synthetics, and years later they were found in nature. So who really even knows what's natural in the first place?

I have to agree completely with Morninggloryseed, I think that if you look at the experiences as coming from two different groups then you might begin to notice differences that are only there because you are thinking about it so much.

What's the main psychoactive in shrooms? Psilocybin, a chemical, which can be synthesized.

Whats the active chemical in salvia? Salvinorin-A (spelling correct on that one?) It can be synthesized as well.

Whats the (main)active ingredient in peyote, san pedro and peruvian torch? Mescaline which can be synthesized.

I think any differences you notice are because you look at these experiences in two different groups, one of which you may have negative thoughts about(ie:Oh, it's synthetic, nature didn't intend for it to exist, it must not be as good as those which humans have made.)

I, personally, get MUCH more out of LSD then psilocybin. I like mushrooms, but it is quite easy to get into a very disoriented state on them, also I tend to remember much more from acid trips then I do from mushroom trips. The day after an LSD trip I usually feel very refreshed and this will usually continue for a few days.

chemicals are fucking sweet, whether they be manmade or natural. it kinda makes you think why something like DMT or THC...etc was put here and also why they cause a change in consciousness in us. WHY!?!?!? WHAT FOR!?!?! hahahaha anyways peace

Overall, I like natural better, but that's not directly because of the effects of the drugs. I have had wonderful experiences on LSD, 2C-E, 2C-I, Iprocin, MDMA, and Methylone. However, the psychological aspect of making a Peyote brew, picking your own mushrooms and eating them in the wilderness, watching the smoke rise from a wooden pipe after taking a hit of Cannabis or Salvia, or just knowing what the Morning Glory flowers look like when you eat the seeds tends to shape the experience you have. Just the other day, I made a tea from poppy seeds, not expecting it to really do much, though my friend swore to me that he felt an Opiate high. I tried it, and it was awesome. It was a very mild Opiate feeling, but just the fact that it was purely natural, and that it provided the "dreamy" mindset that Opium does, made me feel awesome about the experience. I have decided to never take prescription Opiates/Opioids again. I would rather make seed/pod/Opium tea, or smoke Opium. With psychedelics though, I prefer natural, but also love synthetics.

Why were they put here? Evolution. Chance mistakes that just happened to work out ok. Drugs don't make people capable of anything they aren't already capable of. People can naturally block out pain or hallucinate. Chances are, they won't have control over it and those that do have such control have often spent years developing it. Asking why any part of the ecosystem is here is really pointless. Every part of the ecosystem is here because it relies on some other part of the ecosystem, or else it would have died off. Drugs work because they activate some hidden capability that our body has. Sometimes the effects will be good, sometimes the effects will be bad. Sometimes they will be a mix. If something like LSD was truely "not meant to be" it would break down extradinarily fast and probably not effect your body very much. Also, to believe that anything that a human being can make in a lab has never existed before is just foolish and arrogant. Any chemical that we have ever or will ever make has already existed, if only for an instant, somewhere in the universe.

I personally don't hold a preference as natural vs chemical. There also isn't quite as distinct of a difference as some people may think. For example, putting DIPT into the substrate of mushrooms will produce mushrooms with 4-ho/aco-dipt. Things like this can start to blur the line between natural and synthetic.

I think people are missing the point between the difference of chem vs nature. 5meodmt/dmt are found in nature, they maybe synthesized in labs and sold as research chemicals but they are actually considered natural drugs- the source is not the issue, the drug is. And I really don't think it's just how a person percieves a drug as natural/chemical. For me, I have yet to come across something as awsome as dmt/5meodmt, mescaline, iboga, lsa, weed. There's not much out there that can TRULY compare to these IMO. I've found that these are a cleaner body feeling, they just seem to sort of agree with the mind with little/no anxiety,paranoia. But I will also say that some man made highs are just mindblowing.

This has to be one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen.

There is not going to be a general synopsis that one set of chemicals is better than another. I personally dislike quite a few "natural" chemicals, such as opiates, THC (which gives me VERY bad anxiety and extremely high pulse), LSA, Kava, and numerous other things. As for man-made chemicals, I find them to be the lightest on the body (obviously depends on the chemical), highest euphoria, most visual, and in some cases, more spiritual, than their natural counterparts.

Synthetic psychs vs Organic?

What do you belive is 'better'? On a health (mental health included) basis it seems that organic compounds (DMT, 5-Meo, 4-Ho-Dmt, LSA etc) have much less danger or perceived danger as they've been used for milleniums by various tribes, with no apparent adverse effect- in fact quite the opposite. These new analogues could present dangers we are unaware of as yet . . . don't know what though.

I don't neccessairly include the atropine and scopolamine compounds (Datura, Mandragora etc.) or Aminitas here, as they have a greatly known toxitcity, or at least the shit effects outweigh the good, and dosages are impossible to calculate. Also the two species of Iboga I know of (Sth America, Africa) seem to be 'dangerous' as well. For tripping at least.

Peace.

There are plenty of both, and both contain more and less harmful substances. That being said, there isn't any definite qualitative difference to be attributed to such broad categories as synthetic and natural.

Of course, quite few organic ones are known, and synthetics can be produced to a potentially endless number. So in that sense, synthetics are more likely to include a greater number of harmful compounds.

Now, you see, I can't say either are better, because among either of the groups, there are no distinct chemical or qualitative attributes that all the tokens of those groups would share.

i dont know really - my fav psychedlic, other than weed and E if u count those, wud have to be acid - its so much fun tripping on acid
i havnt taken any utha synthetic psychedlics, and the organic drugs ive dun r mushrooms, cactus and datura - all of which were great but got me too inwardly-focussed and showed me how mad my lifestyle really is.....which i didnt like, plus those three all make me gut-wrenchingly sick, esp cactus juice, while acid only gves me mild nausea on the come-up

I can only attempt to answer the question of 'mental health' in that natural substances seem to produce less anxiety and less stress in the beginning of an experience.

The compounds in Datura are great for medical uses; they're only bad if you're looking for a psychedelic experience that you can recover from and laugh about in a relatively short space of time.

If you actually did Datura at an active dose then you belong to a very exclusive club.

i certainly tripped off datura, but my cousin ended up nearly dying on the same dose
mind you i was terrified throughout the trip, puked and cud hardly control my body, uncontrollable shakes, crazy feelings of sumone trying to strangle me
its hard to dose it rite without either getting NUTHING or getting utterly poisoned
for me mushrooms and cactus cause WAY more anxiety than LSD, which is kinda like being sucked into an amazingly beautiful fantasy world - i get elated and sociable and enjoy the whole trip, usually, while on shrooms for example, i often start spiralling into a feeling of true loneliness and often regret.....theyre more like an interactive 1-player video game ive bn playing all nite and i often leave the trip relieved its over

I can only attempt to answer the question of 'mental health' in that natural substances seem to produce less anxiety and less stress in the beginning of an experience.

I think that may be true for you, but everybody has a different take on this subject. Personally, I get more anxiety & distress from psilocybin containing fungi than I've ever got from a synthetic drug (and that includes accidentally IM'ing 25mg of 2C-I) and I've had a fairly extensive variety of both natural & synthetic hallucinogens

Had it stoerd in an old ketamine vial (without removing the old label) - not something I'll do again

Shit... 25mg IM.. what was it like?

(sorry for hijacking the topic but I'm just too curious)