• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural vs. Chemical / Synthetic Psychedelics Thread

Do you (tend to) prefer synthetic psychedelics (incl LSD) or natural ones?

• Natural

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
i came to the complete conclusion that its because mushrooms are organic they grow from the earth and i always feel so close to nature <3 when i take them where as acid makes me feel like im disrespecting nature as if its a false trip its hard to describe

You must love datura then. 8)

A few thoughts.

ive taken acid and magic mushrooms a few times in my life mushrooms a lot more than acid ... for the reason that when i take acid it can be awesome but i always slip into a bad trip but with mushrooms i have never not even on my first time had a bad experience

i came to the complete conclusion that its because mushrooms are organic they grow from the earth and i always feel so close to nature <3 when i take them where as acid makes me feel like im disrespecting nature as if its a false trip its hard to describe

I think it has to do with compatibility of your brain chemistry and nothing to do where it came from. People prefer certain psychedelics over others because they are more compatible with their own unique "neurochemical fingerprint" so to speak. In your case, its obvious that psilocin must be a better fit for you. Some people's brain chemistry points them toward empathogens/entactogens rather than psychedelics (IMHO: sucks to be you!). For me, the psilocin experience is more primal. The LSD experience feels more cerebral. And its a preference based on what kind of trip I want.

I think that the reason that 2Cs are becoming so popular is that they kind of bridge the gap between the psychedelic and entactogenic, or at least thats the general feeling I get from TRs, as I've never tried them myself.

It seems there are people that react better to mushrooms while others react better to LSD. Mushrooms work much more on feelings while LSD work more on thought. Thought and feelings in their turn have effect on each other but it matters which is leading. 4-AcO-DMT by the way is interesting because its character is basically that of mushrooms or DMT, but much less floating on feelings - much more stable and sterile.

The organic vs. chemical debate has been fought many times over, in organic products chemicals are also produced but the drugs appearance just looks different and there is a mix of the chemicals and the idea of a 'natural product'. That idea alone influences your experiences a great deal.
But think of pure synthetic psiloc(yb)in, it gives you basically a mushroom trip but is in fact a single chemical. The distinction is not as black and white as you describe, but if you believe that anyway it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Really, nature's products can be very vicious or dangerous while chemicals can be very smooth and gentle (again I mention 4-AcO-DMT). One think to remind oneself of though is that pure chemicals have a more pure and specific action, they work on the receptors they are meant for which is sometimes not a broad action but a strong one, stuff like methamphetamine (OK not a psychedelic!) is terribly strong but works relatively simply I think. Nature's products sometimes have many many different constituents that work together less specific but broader and therefore softer. Passionflower is a good example of this. It is balanced, making overdosing hard and side effects minimal. But it still doesn't mean nature = good, synthetic = bad in every and all cases.

Merged thread from a couple smaller ones and made it the main one and made an intro, then merged in this one :)

Last edited:
Natural or Synthesized?

Just got some Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds and it got me thinking of how much I preferred doing shrooms to LSD.

Both were very good experiences surrounded by great people but there was something special about how the 'natural' trip felt. I imagined people years ago seeing the colours I was seeing and I felt really in touch with the world in a kind of hippy-chic kind of way.

Any thoughts or is it just me that feels this haha?

Yeah I know what you mean.

2c's and the like feel extremely synthetic compared to mushrooms. Try going to a field full of flowers after a few mushrooms, it's breathtaking!

Speaking of mushrooms, liberty caps are already out in the UK! Found loads the other day, this years gonna be a stormer!

A lot of my friends were talking about doing shrooms out in the open but living in rainy Manchester has its drawbacks haha.

Really?? awesome I've been looking forward to this since last year XD.

Yeah, but you have loads of raves and freeparties. I'm in the lake district so we got the scenery but not so many parties. Still, it's only an hours drive down manc, so it's all good I guess.

Totally understand where you're coming from; I even had an experience on a moderate dose of Cubensis where whenever I looked at my reflection I seemed to look like an idigenous central/south American - quite a feat being a Mancunian of Paddy stock, I tell you!

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the psychedelic potential of Manchester rain though - some of my best experiences have involved watching the clouds drift in. Enjoy!

@blobby haha yh thats true, but the police have been shutting them down a lot recently :/ they always spoil the fun haha.

@LSDMDMA&AMP really I never would have guessed! :p My first hard drug experience involved a bomb of MDMA...good times.

@ Grim haha! I remember looking into a mirror on shrooms - quickly discovering it was far too intense I went back to laughing at my friends crazy paving in her garden...

This is true! I remember looking up at the sky and it was orangey/red and all the clouds had pinky outlines...I forgot all about that.

As a group, we decided it was 'eccentric' paving on a diabolical scale.

I think you just prefer the mushroom trip over the lsd trip because theyre not the same drug and everybody has different tastes. I bet you'll like LSD better than LSAs found in HBWR seeds.

There is a certain novelty associated with mushrooms or cactus though. The fact that people have been eating the same items for spiritual purposes for thousands of years is pretty neat. But I dont favor natural entheogens over synthetic ones just because they're natural. I like alot of different synthetic drugs, but I still love a good mushroom/cacti trip. :)

LSD > Mushrooms, IMO. LSD always gives me feelings of oneness with the universe, and makes me feel as if I am at peace. Mushrooms sometimes lead to great anxiety and stomach discomfort for me. Plus the visuals of LSD are more beautiful, more intricate, at least in my experience.

I like the best kinds of drugs 8) :))) and they just so happen to be mainly synthetic. Though, it makes no difference as the body can not differentiate a substance that has been synthesized or produced naturally.

Yes... a chemical is a chemical. If you were to synthesise a chemical that is found naturally, it would be the exact same thing. Maybe it's just a psychological thing, whereby you feel that eating soil is somehow better for your 'soul' than eating something out of a petri dish. >_>

I'm not really that cynical, btw. It's true though.

You're using too small a sample size to make such a sweeping claim about a class of substances that isn't even well defined in the first place. Define this 'natural' word you use. There are some odd implications with use of that world.Take a look at this thread so you can fully grasp the ambiguity of your question:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=501626&highlight=natural+synthetic

Regardless, I don't think your subjective experience with mushrooms can speak for the entire population of psychedelic persons. just sayin :p