• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

doing codeine cold water extraction effectively

4. Wet the filter(s) with very cold water to prevent it from absorbing the solution and put it in the glass. Stick an elastic/rubber band around the container to keep the filter in place.

The above point was taken form the CWE site mentioned way back. Its a little confusing regarding the filter paper and just where you put it. I assume its over the top of the glass? Can anyone clear it up? Thanks.

If your using conical (coffee) filters (not sure if these are fine enough though?) simply wet the filter then hang the majority of the filter INSIDE the glass/cup/vessel and place a rubber band around the outside of the glass and the top of the filter. This way all the mix can be dumped in and slowly drip out. If your using real (round) lab filters simply fold in half to a semicircle, then fold again into a quarter circle. Open on of the two pouches this has made and you now have the same thing as the coffee filter. If that isnt clear enough i can post a pic for you...
**edit**
There is one in my member gallery pending approval n.b this is just a piece of paper to show you how its done, didnt have any filters laying around. Paper will NOT work as a filter.:)

Last edited:
Using a wet, folded up hankercheif works just as well as a filter too guys, with added bonuses, they dont break when you want to use force and squeeze the rest of the filtered solution out when it begins to get really gunky during your second extraction pass.

Kinda like vacuum filtration, but using pressure applyed by your hands :)

Refer to my post here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=3284123#post3284123

Just remember when you squeeze the hankerchief you apply pressure to the material weave, enlarging the holes slightly and increasing the minimum size of particles that enter your filtrate. The best method to assure a good filtration is to allow the process to continue without pressure -- when the filter becomes 'clogged' and the flow of liquid stops completely, pour off the unfiltered material into a beaker, and then install fresh filter paper, moisten and filter the rest of the solution with the clean filter. Repeat the changing of filter paper until the whole solution has been filtered slowly under gravity pressure only. It takes time, but the filtrate will be far cleaner.

BigTrancer :)

In theory you sound correct, but my eperiments have shown that twisting and squeezing a four layered hanky full of second-run junk that normally would not move through a filter because of its thickness (and still large amount of codeine not to mention) will result in a very clear extraction dripping out the other side , and will take a very very short time to complete, give it a go

If I do the cold water extraction, use a hair dryer on the final coidiene containing water to turn it into powder, is it possible to snort it? If so how many mg is safe to snort?

NEGATORY, you can't smoke/snort/bang codeine.

I have evaporated a very, very well filtered codeine extract before (completly clear lab filter extraction) and taken it in capsule form.

Drinking the extract with soft drink proved 10 times more enjoyable and potent/longer lasting.

There is already another massive repetitive thread in which to discuss eating and preparing Nurofen for recreational codeine use. The topic of this thread is specifically 'doing codeine cold water extraction efficiently', so lets keep all posts directly on topic.

BigTrancer :)

ok, how long does the entire process take to do? . . .

because from what ive tried it looks like it would take about 2 to 3 hours all up, which to me isnt worth it for a 1 hour buzz . . .

I'd say the entire process can be done in 5 to 10 mins or so. This is based on using panamax co which I have found to be the fastest dissolving of all the para/codeine tabs. Grab a small bottle, pop out the required number of tabs, say 25, half the box, then pour cold water into the bottle.

The amount of water is up to you but you don't need a great deal. In a few short mins, the tabs have dissolved so shake the bottle up really well and listen for the sound of tabs hitting the plastic - no sound means they're dissolved.

I have found through trial and error that a fabric such as a business shirt or similar is adequate for the filter. Its much faster than using a coffee filter. Wet the fabric with the cold water, wring it out pretty well, place it over a cup or even better 2 cups to speed things up even more. Pour equal amounts into each cup.

After a few mins, carefully gather up the fabric and slowly wring out the remaining liquid - you will get binder/para shit coming through but its not much and the resulting liquid in the cup is still quite clear. Pop in some cordial or sweet drink of your choice to mask the rancid taste then gulp it down.

I dont know how much is lost in that process but 25 tabs equal 200mg if you use panamax co, so you probably end up with at leat 150mg when going the quick and easy route I just explained.

Not too bad for a few dollars worth of tablets.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to confirm Cold Water Extraction technique will work with Panadien forte (30mg codiene & 500mg paracetamol)?

I've been reading all the previous threads and I know it definately works with Asprin and Ibuprofen, I just want to double check it works with paracetamol?

Does paracetamol dissolve in water?

All those charts just confuse me thats all.

I'm planning on trying tonite, will let you know how i get on.

depending on the number of packets you have of p forte, i wouldnt be all that keen to do the extraction - if you dont have a tolerance for codeine, just pop 3 or 4 of the tabs and enjoy the codeine that way.

provided you have a healthy liver and kidneys, having 2000mg of paracetamol in one hit wont hurt you. Thats assuming you havent been drinking, or otherwise indulging.

Having said that though, if you do want to dissolve 10 of them into a small amount of water and let it filter nicely, you will get a very nice codeine buzz i would suspect. Once upon a time when I had acces to ludicrous quantites of said prescription meds, I would do just that and it was quite nice. I was well tolerant of codeine by then though so if your not, 300 odd mgs of codeine will knock you on your arse Id say

Something else I might add, this type of extraction was "designed" for want of a better word for codeine/paracetemaol preparations I believe.

The nurofen containing ones are only fairly recent and I once tried a cw extration using aspalgin ( the aspirin codeine one ) but found it very unpleasant.

Anyway, enjoy yourself but be wise about it.

Filter(s)Type```

Personally I have only ever CWE OTC Brand in the UK at: 300mg, but TBH I got a higher sense of "euphoria" from two/ three && up of 30mg Co-Codamol tht I got prescription than I did using CWE... now I can only assume I made a mistake in the process, I followed various FAQs using Pharmacy(s)Own 100X Co-Codamol, which BTW is the usual OTC: 8/500 of hellish Paracetamol. Now the only time I got "euphoria" via CWE was today/ this morning, X40 8/500 which is approx: 300-ish Codeine in the UK costs around £4:00 for 100X tab(s). I would rlly like to know if anyone else could explain why the lack of "euphoria" via CWE even tho I had "euphoria" via 60/ 90mg Co-Codamol? any response would be greatly appreciated.

[TY ADV ! ! ! CJT]

In my experience, the yield of the extraction varies greatly between the generic brands. Some will dissolve and filter quickly, while others will take a long time. The tablets from *a particular brand* will not dissolve properly into the water, even after being left for a couple days.

Generally speaking, I found that the more bitter the liquid tasted, the more successful the extraction had been. One brand I used always produced a very weak tasting brew (with little effects), regardless of how much codeine was initially added. However, once it had finished filtering, I would run some more water through the filter and collect that separately - it was always very bitter, and produced strong effects, so I assumed the codeine was somehow "stuck" in the filter paper on the first run through.

I think alot of people attempting the CWE for the first time probably don't let the pills disolve into the water for long enough. Even with a good brand, I would generally leave it for an hour. I used to crush up the pills before putting them in water, but I found the results were better when I let the pills dissolve whole in the liquid.

WHen I first began trying the CWE, I found that panadeine forte pills (or split N+'s) were more consistent in producing euphoric effects than an extraction. I guess this is because they are specifically designed to have optimal effects on those without a tolerance. With the CWE, I find its quite easy to either have too little, or too much. The range for a euphoric dose is hard to judge when you consider all the factors such as the efficiently of the extraction, the tolerance of the user, if the user has eaten or not, and other things (grape juice is said to increase the strength of effects). In my early CWE days I rarely got the dose right, but over time, and once I was more familiar with how codeine effected my body, I found myself regularly getting the euphoria I was after.

There's a few references to the nurofen plus pills in some of the earlier posts here. Back in 04 it was indeed possible to "split" them and obtain just codeine - however the manufacturers have since caught onto this and now they are made differently so that they cannot be split. There are no if's or maybe's about it, none of the N+ pills will split correctly anymore, so unless you've had a box in the cupboard for the past 4 years don't bother with them.

Also, as someone usually mentions in one of these threads, codeine can be a very addictive substance. Some time ago, when I first began experimenting with codeine, I'd always just thought that those who had issues with it had no self control - that I could use it semi regularly and not have any problems. But after a week long codeine binge I found myself wanting it all the time - and since it's available cheaply otc, obtaining it wasn't an issue. I found myself using it everyday, just because I'd come to enjoy the codeine experience so much.

This went on for a couple months, having a 200mg dose daily before I decided to have a break. I didn't have it once for a (whole) week, and apart from a slightly bad sleep the first night, there were no ill effects. It was very easy for me to stop - so what did I do? After a week I started again, thinking that when ever I stopped it would be as easy.

It would have been about a couple months later that I decided to stop taking it again. At this stage I was having a singular dose of around 350mg daily. The first night without having it I didn't get any sleep, and I felt very sick for the next two days. I would get angry over nothing, I couldn't eat properly, I couldn't sleep, felt really anxious and some other side effects I've probably forgotten. I felt so bad on the 4th day that I almost ran to the nearest chemist to get some codeine. After hastily preparing an extraction, within minutes of consuming it most of the withdrawal effects had vanished. However, within a few more minutes I found myself feeling incredibly "smacked out" and felt like I was about to vomit. I hadn't counted on my tolerance decreasing so rapidly, and what would have been an average dose a few days earlier now felt way too strong.

I didn't think I could handle going through the effects of not having it again, so I got back into my routine of having it daily. My tolerance got higher and higher, to the stage where I would easily go through a 100 box in a day with two 500mg doses of codeine, and one last dose made by running more water through the filter papers used on the previous two extractions. By this stage it had been about 18 months since I started using it daily. I found the way it effected me these days was vastly different from in the beginning. I used to feel nicely euphoric and content with everything - I would enjoy watching a movie or using the computer while on it. But over time I found these sorts of activities would often infuriate me. It got to the stage where I'd just take the codeine and lay on the couch looking at the wall, since I was perfectly content with that and any other kind of external stimulation just served to anger me.

I felt apathetic all the time, regardless of if I was on the substance or not, and it got to the stage where I decided enough was enough, that I had to stop. The withdrawal effects were far worse than my previous attempt, and the physical symptons combined with mentally craving it was probably one of the worst feelings I've ever had.

It's been a month since I last had it and still its all I think about every day. I don't physically feel as sick as I did, but there are still strong feelings of anxiety and hot/cold body flushes. The side effects may have been drawn out longer because I used tapering amounts of tramadol (for about 2 weeks) after stopping the codeine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be very careful with codeine. Dependence on it can be very troubling.

Last edited:
You're right to name the brand I'm pretty sure. Its in the name of Harm reduction. Getting less APAP etc into your system, better extractions.

The brand in question was Codalgin 100's. I'd had success with the smaller packs (20's and 50's) before but on three seperate occasions I could never achieve a proper extraction with the 100 box. I would leave the pills in water and the next day they would still be intact, with only about 10-20% of the pill having disolved into the water. I decided to crush the remaining pills in the liquid until it was all of a uniform "goo" consistency. I left this to filter overnight and looked the next day and it hadn't filtered at all. A few ml's had gone through, but the rest was still sitting in a pool of liquid above the filter. The goo had somewhat seperated, with solids covering the filter papers and a murky liquid above it. I siphoned the liquid off the top and did an extraction on it, but it was very weak - the loss would have been over 80% and not worth the effort.

Last edited:
Chemists Own never fails. Just be patient and triple filter for safety.. Hell sometimes I even filter more so its basically totally clear and bitter as hell.