• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight International Wine Club

I stopped in at Trader Joes today to pick up a bottle of the Charles Shaw Beaujolais that was mentioned here, but it seems that it was a limited time offering, and I missed the window. Finder you'll have to save your bottle for the next time I'm visiting my cousin in Chicago;)

As not to waste the trip I picked up a bottle of Chuck's Cab, and a Bottle of Barefoot Chardonnay (5.99). Before I go on I'd like to put a shout out to Trader Joes for having a great wine selection under 7 bucks. I'm going to make an attempt at trying all of their wines. It sounds like a rough job, but I think I'm the drunk for the job.

Anyway, the first drink of the Barefoot struck me as sour, but by drink three I adjusted to it, and now it's really starting to grow on me. I would certainly get it again, but might hesitate to serve it to a guest, or give as a gift. The label touts a "unique green apple favor" which explains the sourness.

To follow up my Ecco Domani report, I ended that evening with a good vomit that looked about equal to the half a bottle of Ecco I drank. My stomack does not recommend it. It probably wasn't the wines fault, but I'm not going to be giving them a go again anytime soon.

Originally posted by 64tf
I stopped in at Trader Joes today to pick up a bottle of the Charles Shaw Beaujolais that was mentioned here, but it seems that it was a limited time offering, and I missed the window. Finder you'll have to save your bottle for the next time I'm visiting my cousin in Chicago;)

I picked my bottle up last Friday. Maybe they were just out? Weird. Definitely hit me up next time you're in the city, we'll grab a drink somewhere.

Oh how I wish I could buy wine at the grocery store! It would be so much easier to slip a few bottles of wine into my grocery cart and not really notice how much I was spending on alcohol then having to specifically go to a liquor store...

Finder said:
I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of Amarone--any particular winery or vintage you'd recommend?

i'll ask the person who brought the bottle and get back to ya...i want to buy another myself.

aramone recommendation (this is one bottle)

masi
viao amarone 1997
serego alighieri

you'll probably have to call around to find it, shoot for the high end wine stores.

yummy

Just had a great bottle this weekend

jacobs creek semillon chardonnay

australia/2002 vintage. enjoy

^here ya go.. a quick list:

borgiani chianti classico (if you like berries on the nose... super-soft tannin)

red diamond merlot (low tannins, long long long finish. really f'in good)

rosenblum continente zinfandel (really good with spicy foods and pizza. peppery.)

paringa shiraz (it's austrailian and a shiraz so it's bound to be decent. kinda creamy)

michael pozzan cuvee #7 (cab/merlot blend. cant go wrong)

Can believe I didnt see this thread sooner...

Had these last night:

-Paraiso Pinot Noir
-Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo
-Vinum Cellars Slow Lane Cab

The were all really nice wines.

My lady suggested a Tempranillo. I'll be honest; I went to the store thinking that was a brand. Very, very wrong, Tempranillo is a type of grape. It only comes in red (I'll save you that mistake to).

Anyway, I got a bottle of Encuentro 2000 Tempranillo, for 10.99 (Trader Joes). Personal review, I love it. It's got a really nice strong fruit taste, while still being pleasantly dry, very smooth. I like concord grapes, and I got that after taste.

General thought - great wine to serve to high priority guests for the right price.

Last edited:
He tossed me a dime

Tom was a real man.

I finished my night with some cheap 2 buck chuck. Hey you can't figh it.

I'm passing out wolf tichets where ever I go;)

I'm gong to go see a man about a dog. I'lll see you later...................................

i got a bottle of cline syrah (2001) for my birthday. has anyone had this? it's a fairly cheap (like 10 dollar) bottle of wine and it says it goes well with anything grilled. i'm really liking how it says its cherry and black pepper.

i guess i'll give it my rating after i drink it!

Glad the Aussie wines were mentioned right off the bat. They've got great white wines. Though I'm not enclined towards dry, they've got some of the best. I'd recommend Yellow Tail as an everyday table wine.

However, the one wine I've recently become very enchanted with is the Christmas wine put out by the Biltmore's Estate Winery (NC). Kinda hard to get, but it's wonderful. It's a sweet wine, but not overly so. A light crisp wine. Yummy!

64tf said:
I stopped in at Trader Joes today to pick up a bottle of the Charles Shaw Beaujolais that was mentioned here, but it seems that it was a limited time offering, and I missed the window.

Trader Joes has it every now and then. My mom threw a big party a while ago and got 2 cases of it.... God bless her! I took a couple bottles for myself ofcourse :) good stuff

I drink chianti wine from Vinci as regular table vine with meals, sometimes I'll alternate with some vernaccia di S.Gimingniano, a white wine.
For special occasions with red meat, nothing beats a bottle of prised brunello di Montalcino, expensive but worth it.

I'm not much for wine, but I love grape juice, and Napa Valley is one of the prettiest places in the united states.

Oh sweet lawdy bump!

Make my mouth salivate!

Looking forward to posting in this later!

If you're in the mood for a splurge, Regusci was my favorite Napa Valley winery when I was still drinking. Great wine but pricey ($50-$100+ USD). Thomas Fogarty is probably the best California wine I've had from outside Napa, in the Santa Cruz Mountains between San Jose and the Pacific Ocean.