[04] Buying Drugs in Nightclubs by Anonymous

Catch-22

Bluelighter
Let’s be honest here – buying drugs is a risky business as the best of times. If you don’t get arrested whilst trying to do it, you still have the risk of being ripped off by an unscrupulous drug dealer. Being sold short, or low quality is just one of the risks that you have to accept for as long as substance use remains against the law. But there is a way to take that risk to a new, more dangerous level – by buying drugs in nightclubs.

Drug dealers the world over all work on one basic premise. Profit. Dealers cover a broad spectrum of people, and are not necessarily the “scum of the earth” type of character that the anti-drug propaganda would have you believe. But they are all in the drug selling game for one reason, and that is to make money. And just like any other, more legitimate, business out there, they are looking to maximise the profit they make wherever possible.

Just like all other money making ventures, there are two basic ways to increase your profit. You can either cut your costs, or increase your revenue. And if you are a drug dealer looking to cut your costs, what better way than buying some cheap crap mish-mash of ingredients for half the cost of real drugs, and then selling them off as ecstasy? Well, this would work fine, except that one single batch is about all you’ll sell, until someone takes a couple and dies. Shortly afterward, you’ll have a crowd of very unhappy customers beating down your door to either demand a refund, or wreak vengeance.

Fortunately for the club dealer, this is not such a problem. Think about it – it’s half past one in the morning, you’ve already had a pill a few hours ago, and to be honest all the faces in the club are getting a bit blurry and unrecognisable anyway. You are a prime target for buying what is hopefully pure bunk, but could very well be a dangerous substance to take, particularly in combination with the genuine ecstasy that you might have eaten earlier. The club dealer knows that you will very probably not be able to find him again tonight, and once the night is over and he’s long gone, there is no way that his dodgy dealings will ever get back to him. Remembering that profit is pretty much the only factor motivating the dealer, it’s pretty easy to see that the chances of him offering you something other than genuine ecstasy are very high.

But even if he is not selling dodgy pills, even if you get the chance to test the pills he is selling and they are the real deal, it still doesn’t mean that buying drugs from the club dealer is going to make much sense. See, the guy trying to sell the drugs in the club has had to take an added risk in bringing them with him. On top of all the usual risks associated with being a drug dealer, this guy has to try and peddle his wares right under the noses of the club security. There is a pretty good chance of him being caught, and either turned over to the police, or “taken care of” in other ways. What this probably means is that compared to the dealer who sits in his house waiting for you to call on him, he has less product to sell. There’s no way he can carry hundreds and hundreds of pills, so remembering back to our basic premise that dealers like to make profit – if he’s got less pills to sell then he has to sell them at a higher price each.

So, to sum up your average “club dealer” – his basic motivation for selling drugs is the same as any other dealer, but his operating environment calls for a different approach to making money. Instead of making doing business with him simple, in order to try and attract repeat business, he has to try and make as much profit per sale as possible. This means either cutting costs, resulting in a low quality, and possibly dangerous product, or raising prices, meaning a more expensive pill for you.

Either way – I know I would personally much rather purchase my substances from a regular drug dealer, before I go to a club. At least I know I’ve got some small protection from being ripped off, as opposed to if I buy my drugs from the dealer in the club.

Reminder: I am posting this essay on behalf of someone else. Whether you want to agree or disagree, please put your thoughts in this thread. Do not send me PM's or emails unless you are contributing a new essay of your own. Thanks!

Everything about that post is true. I've never bought from a club dealer, and never will.

One thing I'd like to note is that in thing clubs there are "club dealers", whereby a few (or single) dealer is 'allowed' to sell.
Generally speaking bouncers are aware who this person is and thus shy away from any illegal activity pertaken by this person.
These people have a 'reputation' as the club dealer to uphold, and thus, cannot get away with selling bunk pills, at least to some degree.
Great post, just another point I thought I'd add.
=D
PEACE

i'd have to agree with Killing_time. the club i used to frequent most had a "club dealer". security knew about him, as did the owner. the dealer went out of his way to make the custumer happy. probably so that he would remain the "club dealer". although, i have heard many horror stories about other "club dealers", and their unscruopulous(sp?) tactics. so, just like anywhere else, BUYER BE AWARE!!! i've found that always testing pills, and using the same dealer is your safest bet.

by the way, well writen essay.:)

"Drug dealers the world over all work on one basic premise. Profit. Dealers cover a broad spectrum of people, and are not necessarily the “scum of the earth” type of character that the anti-drug propaganda would have you believe. But they are all in the drug selling game for one reason, and that is to make money. And just like any other, more legitimate, business out there, they are looking to maximise the profit they make wherever possible."

That is a very broad and sweeping statement. I know for a fact of a dealer who's goal is to distribute quality product at the best possible price. Yes, he wants to make $, but his main goal is to provide a wonderful substance that our government has outlawed. He increases his profit by buying in bulk rather than selling bunk or shitty pills. I know this is a rarity, but I just want to point out not all dealers are soley profit motivated.

^^lol very rare indeed..

well written essay, i took everything to heart. never had encounters with any club dealers, dont golooking for em since i always buy my shit b4 the rave, but ill be surte to stay awasy fro those meanies

Very true indeed Catch-22, but I also agree with Killing Time and smiles. At the places I've been to that have "house dealers", those dealers would never dream of ripping anybody off or selling sub par product, because if the owner, with whom the dealer has "arrangements" with, were to start hearing of this, he would have his ass handed to him if you know what I mean. And in those clubs, if you didn't have "arangements" with the owner, you had better not get caught selling drugs, or else (or else meaning you will be hauled into a private room, beaten, robbed for your $ and drugs, and then 86'd). There were a couple of places that this actually worked out well, until the cops stepped in and were all like "you can't do this"... slam... click...lock. Damn feds.

i agree with everything about from legalise and decrimilise's post...

"but I just want to point out not all dealers are soley profit motivated."

many many many MANY dealers are in it for the money - otherwise why would they risk imprisonment for several years just to sell a stranger a pill???

the point of the essay is several:

1. dont buy from club dealers

which could

2. Stop dealing within a club - reducing risks

which in turn

3. stop the goverment been so hard on the RAVE acts - allowing more and better raves to take place...

I think there is an important difference between buying from a "designated" club dealer that everybody knows, than buying stuff from a total stranger at your only once-happening Rave Party.

I can't imagine buying pills off someone I've never seen or heard of in my life. I don't have that much trust in people in general, not to mention dealers.

that's me

legalizendecriminalize said:

That is a very broad and sweeping statement. I know for a fact of a dealer who's goal is to distribute quality product at the best possible price. Yes, he wants to make $, but his main goal is to provide a wonderful substance that our government has outlawed. He increases his profit by buying in bulk rather than selling bunk or shitty pills. I know this is a rarity, but I just want to point out not all dealers are soley profit motivated.

That used to be me. I admit, I used to deal. And that being said, I sold for rock bottom prices. I barely made a profit and even sold for no profit a good deal of the time. Now granted I realized its not really worth the risk to not be making much money, but my total sales did go up (and I started to make a larger profit) because people liked me and knew I wouldnt fuck them (which people appreciate in the drug business).

All in all, I really sold to spread the joy and help people out, not for my own self gain, and as sick as it may sound, I felt really good about what I did. Sorta like community service.... :)

^^^ Completely understandable and not at all sick. If drugs where legal you'd most likely have a chain of shops all over the place by now, making loads of money and a good name for yourself :\

Re: that's me

trippinspirals said:
That used to be me. I admit, I used to deal. And that being said, I sold for rock bottom prices. I barely made a profit and even sold for no profit a good deal of the time. Now granted I realized its not really worth the risk to not be making much money, but my total sales did go up (and I started to make a larger profit) because people liked me and knew I wouldnt fuck them (which people appreciate in the drug business).

All in all, I really sold to spread the joy and help people out, not for my own self gain, and as sick as it may sound, I felt really good about what I did. Sorta like community service.... :)

It feels good to hook people up and it feels good to get hooked up. LOL IT is like community service!

"Which people appreciate in the drug business"

That's exactly it, it's a business. How many business that make a profit and have longevity, sell a shitty or bunk expensive product? None (or not for long)

That's exactly it, it's a business. How many business that make a profit and have longevity, sell a shitty or bunk expensive product? None (or not for long)

unless you're microsoft or general motors

good points all around.. i used to get my stuff from a very few people, cuz they all got theirs from the main guy who didnt take ANYTHING with him, but now that im in a new place and would know NOBODY anywhere i go now, all the points shown in the essay would be true until proven otherwise, which im not counting on... it seems like people have gone to shit more and more every day

legalizendecriminalize said:

Yeah, I knew a guy like that. He sold acid for a while and was mainly in for the "enlightenment" aspect of it, until the novelty of acid wore off and he realized he could make more money by selling meth.

You become what you hate.

The only thing I would ever buy from someone I didn't know or remotely trust is L, just because it's so damn hard to find...never liquid though. And I'd have to have a good look at it.

hypotheticly I met a very good dealer in a club. Ended up getting his number and top quality for good prices.

I think it was luck finding him though, they way we met made it pretty obvious that either of us arnt cops.