View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Insufflation / Snorting

Skrilla

Bluelighter
Ok, first off - this shit is NOT meant to be snorted. Imagine snorting a huge rail of flour. That's pretty much what this is like, only it burns too. But the burn isn't HALF as bad as the way your nose rejects this stuff. It made me say UGH! and shake my head, repeatedly.

(I somehow managed to insufflate 40mg of DMT)

But anyway, once you make it through that - it's well worth your troubles.

Snorting it makes it much slower in coming on, and also makes it last much longer, than smoking it.

You get all the incredibly amazing DMT visuals - not quite as intense as you would if you smoked it, but much calmer and longer lasting - at least a full hour or more.

But the most amazing thing I noticed, and actually the reason I even bothered posting about this - was the AUDIO effects.

I was listening to Dido as I laid back on my couch staring at the ceiling - and I experienced the most incredibly amazing audio-time-warp thing. It's REALLY hard to describe - but it was as if time, and therefore the music, was being WIERDLY distorted - slowed down, and then sped up. Occasionally, it would slow down and almost stop - like when you slowly apply pressure to a record on a turntable, until it stops playing. It never actually stopped (that would have been scary) but it REALLY slowed down and got incredibly distorted. Then it would speed up, to make up for having slowed down.

It was the wierdest, most amazing audio effects I've ever got from a drug - and made ANY pain and uncomfortable-ness of snorting it entirely worth it. And the auditory effects lasted a full hour. I am impressed!

Anyway, thought I would share that.

8o

have you tried a huasca drink before? You might enjoy it.

I've no doubt that I would rather enjoy it...
Unfortunately, I've heard very bad things about taking an MAOI when you're on methadone... you know anything about that?

I'm afraid I may have to wait until I'm off methadone to try one of those...

I think it will be well worth your time to try yaga after you get done with the methadone. Good luck.

I think it will be well worth your time to try yaga after you get done with the methadone. Good luck.

I know it will - thanks :) I can't wait... (8 months to go...uck)

I don't know the nuances of the maitenance program, what are you on for 8 months?

I don't know the nuances of the maitenance program, what are you on for 8 months?

I'm on about 115mg/day now, down from 180mg - so I figured out it should take about another 8 months to get down to 0.

Maybe next time you'll just parachute it instead of trying to snort it eh?

Ok I'm gonna have to plead ignorance - can you explain this parachute method?

Wrap it in a bit of tissue paper or ciggarette paper. Wet it a little in your mouth, swallow.

Hits your stomach and starts being absorbed. Same nice slow less intense trip.

Neither dmt or 5-meo-dmt are active if you just eat them. You have to add an MAOI and you get yage, as mentioned above. Or do you have first hand experience eating DMT?

Meo_dmster said:
Neither dmt or 5-meo-dmt are active if you just eat them. You have to add an MAOI and you get yage, as mentioned above. Or do you have first hand experience eating DMT?

This is open to some debate. I took the last 40mg of an order of 5meo-dmt, and got effects, no MAOI. Eating it with an MAOI, on the othrer hand, has resulted in some nasty headaches, at least thats what some people have reported.

atlas said:
This is open to some debate. I took the last 40mg of an order of 5meo-dmt, and got effects, no MAOI. Eating it with an MAOI, on the othrer hand, has resulted in some nasty headaches, at least thats what some people have reported.

I can personally verify exactly what you said. 5-meo-dmt with out maoi is inactive. Add maoi and sh*t gets real f*cked up. I thought I had really f*cked up on it one night... DON'T TRY THIS!!! Yage on the other hand...:)

DMT comes in freebase form. I'm not surprised it hurt! To make snortable DMT, you need to salt it. Try adding a little HCl & drying at RT. Works fine then...

I hav esmorted dmt before but for some reason i thought i had to "cut it" so i added some numeg powder, i was a hell feeling in the nose as the trip started, but i really liked the slow come on and come down. Although this can also be had with harmala tea before smoking dmt. Maybe the following is of some use ?
He tested the 5MeO oral activity and found it "quite dramatically orally active"

30mg 5MeO orally active alone. Pharmacologically identical to snuffing or inhaling, salt not necessary, all his work was with the freebase.

10mg sublingual or nasally is a threshold dose for him

3-5mg of harmaline doubles the effects of sublingual or snuff use.
T+5mins noticeable body effects
T+15mins to get clear cut psychotropic effects
T+25-60 mins is the peak
T+70-90 mins is the "dissolution of the experience"

"most people need 60mg harmaline orally + 10mg 5meo or 30+mg 5MeO orally without the harmala.. so the numbers are 5-10-30" Meaning that with harmaline 5mg snuffed or sublingual (not swallowed) was potentially strong, 10mg snuffed or sublingual without harmaline or 10mg oral with harmaline, or 30mg oral without MAOI... we will get this info up in a more useable form...

He said his other research in preparation for this conference was with bufotenin. As many know the question of bufotenin's psychoactivity has been in question.. In tests on mental patients, it was injected IM and "turned people's faces the color of plum & eggplant" and hasn't really been thoroughly tested since. He said he found "exactly the same pattern of activity as 5MeO" and that it was "virtually identical to 5MeO in time course" He was rushed at this point and said that activity was between 2 and 8mg with "significant visionary effects" for inhaled vapors of the freebase. He said in lab in vitro studies, "bufotenin had twice the affinity to serotonin receptors to 5MeO with is 2x DMT's affinity" He said that hoffman said he found 50mg not orally active, so Ott started with 100mg and found activity. He said that 3-4mg of harma doubles the effects. He said that he had given 100mg of snuff to Manuel Tores and it was "the heaviest trip he'd ever had"...

Ott said that while he was experimenting with these things, it became clear that the oppossum was his power animal.

Hmm i din't like bufotenin at all, a lot of physical stuff.

Salting means it will be absorbed through the mucous membrane more happily & your snorting something that isn't basic (alkali). That's why it hurts so much! If you swallow it, your stomach salts it!
I didn't know 5MeO was orally active, most interesting.

Try adding a little HCl & drying at RT

Adding hydrochloric acid? Like diluted muriatic acid? Will that stuff dry without leaving traces of itself?

just straight hyrdochloric acid: hydrochloric acid is hydrogen chloride (a gas at room temperature) dissolved in water so when you dry, the acid is gone. Muriatic acid is (I think) 32% HCl in water so sure, it's fine. People have said that it may contain heavy metals, but IMHO it's the same as the lab grade. The stuff is produced in multi-tonne batches so it's cheep (like the budgy)