• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Insufflation / Snorting

just straight hyrdochloric acid: hydrochloric acid is hydrogen chloride (a gas at room temperature) dissolved in water so when you dry, the acid is gone.

Ah, thanks for that info - I've been wondering about that for a while...

I tried snorting 5meoDMT fb befor. Horrible. Aside from the nasty drip and the nausea there were some real worrisome physacle symptom. My heart felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest. My head would spin and all I could do was lie on the floor. It's nothing like smoking it.
PS. IMO Ayahuasca IS the best trip that exists. Blew away candyflipping for me.

I tried snorting 5meoDMT fb befor. Horrible. Aside from the nasty drip and the nausea

Yeah, I got nuaseas from it too, but I don't see how drip could be a problem. 10-20mg of powder ain't a lot of powder. It didn't even drip when I did it...

Anyway, I had another question - I went ahead and turned some of my DMT FB into the HCL salt... it looks ok, other than the fact that it turned from a light yellowish color to a dark brown. Is that normal? I'm sure it's just insignificant impurities and since it's only going up my nose it's probably ok (I've put worse things up my nose before). But I was wondering if anyone else has ever done this, and if it came out really dark in color?

i got mad nausea from railing 5-MeO-DMT (18mg). i actually threw up, but i was too high and whatever else, the pain and the drip were just too insignificant for the negative aspects of railing it to bother me all that much. i did puke though, which felt pretty incredible when i was peaking.

but i'll smoke it next time for sure. railing is not the scene for me.

i got mad nausea from railing 5-MeO-DMT (18mg). i actually threw up

Yeah 18mg is kind of a lot to insufflate - I noticed I really had to keep it around 10 - 12mg for insufflation. The time I did 20mg that way is the time I got extremely nuaseas. I don't get any nuasea at all if I keep it in the 10-12mg range, and I still get really good effects.

I'm confused here, lots of people are talking about 5meo and some people are talking about the tried and true REAL DMT. I am pretty sure (pretty damn close to positive) that no maoi is needed when you smoke or snort 5meodmt. Real DMT on the other hand needs to be combined with an MAOI or smoked. I don't understand why smoking something would negate the need for combining with an MAOI, can anyone explain ?

a comment on that, you think 18mg is too much for insuffulated? for effects, i would in fact up the dose next time if i were going to rail it. i think ~25mg might be appropriate. but to avoid nausea, the next time i taste this chemical, it will be smoked.

I don't understand why smoking something would negate the need for combining with an MAOI, can anyone explain ?

You mean you don't understand why insufflating something would negate the need for an MAOI? I'm guessing it's because that monoamine oxidase (MAO) enzyme that breaks down stuff like DMT is not in your nose. Either way, I know from first hand experience that it works, so it would only make sense that there's no MAO enzymes in your nose. Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Skrilla~

I think you are correct on this. From what I remember reading, though I may be remembering wrong, MAO works primarily to metabolize said compounds in the gut. Obviously, they will eventually get metabolized, regardless of the method of ingestion.

Actually, just to be an over-specific asshole, I'll contradict you Skillra. MAO-B enzymes occur EVERYWHERE in the body (since it goes round and round with the blood platelets). MAO-A is found in catecholaminergic neurons, and various internal organs. The difference is that the [MAO] ([] = concentration) is much higher in stomach and rest of the GI tract. When snorted, a certain amount of the drug IS exposed to the enzyme (only the MAO-B one, until it reaches the CNS), but as a result of faster absorption from the cappillaries (and less so the arterioles and venules), and lower [MAO-B], you are able to be delivered an active dose over the blood brain barrier without the need of any inhibitor.

If you would like a simplififed explanation of MAO:

http://www.macalester.edu/~psych/whathap/UBNRP/MAO/main page

Would like to add, that based on the recommendation of somebody in this thread, I went ahead and tried "salting" 100mg of DMT to turn it into the HCL salt form to make it easier to insufflate.

The process seemed like it was going allright, all the muriatic acid evaporated and I had a little bit more powder than I had started with (which was to be expected of course).

Unfortunately, it totally ruined 100mg of perfectly good DMT. I snorted all the powder (didn't burn near as much as DMT FB did btw) - but it didn't do a DAMN THING. What a waste :( While I'm sure it did convert it to HCL form like it was supposed to, the muriatic acid also completely and totally destroyed the DMT.

So, I thought I'd post that so somebody else doesn't go wasting perfectly good DMT trying to do this.

Argh...

^^^^^^^^^^^

The odd thing...snorting 5-MeO-DMT freebase (which is basic, not neutral) works fine. And when DMT/ 5-MeO-DMT snuffs are made in South America, they are made with powdered lime which is very basic and actually raises the PH even more! So it seems not nessessary to convert DMT or 5-MeO-DMT to neutral salts. It may be best to leave them in their basic form. It may even be best to raise the PH.

Re: Insufflated DMT - ARRRGGGHH!!!

Skrilla said:

I was listening to Dido as I laid back on my couch staring at the ceiling - and I experienced the most incredibly amazing audio-time-warp thing. It's REALLY hard to describe - but it was as if time, and therefore the music, was being WIERDLY distorted - slowed down, and then sped up. Occasionally, it would slow down and almost stop - like when you slowly apply pressure to a record on a turntable, until it stops playing. It never actually stopped (that would have been scary) but it REALLY slowed down and got incredibly distorted. Then it would speed up, to make up for having slowed down.

It was the wierdest, most amazing audio effects I've ever got from a drug - and made ANY pain and uncomfortable-ness of snorting it entirely worth it. And the auditory effects lasted a full hour. I am impressed!

Anyway, thought I would share that.

8o

Oh for sure, I love how that distortion makes hard music sound even more underground ... I got it during an MDMA/5MeODiPT... after syneasthesia, sound distortions ranks 2nd in most interesting effect of psychedelics

PMTV=D

The odd thing...snorting 5-MeO-DMT freebase (which is basic, not neutral) works fine

I agree - it worked very nicely when I just insufflated the freebase DMT powder. It was just uncomfortable in your nose... but well worth it.

sound distortions ranks 2nd in most interesting effect of psychedelics

Definitely. It was MUCH cooler and more interesting than the audio effects of DIPT even. (and not annoying)

How is the mental effects of DMT when injested & or snorted? Do you get that insane feeling of being ripped apart from your body, kinda like being a human rocket...or is that whole transition into DMT hyperspace more managable and comfortable?

or is that whole transition into DMT hyperspace more managable and comfortable?

Most definitely. I have not taken it orally, but from what others have said, insufflating it is quite similiar. It's much slower in onset and more managable than when smoked. Very comfortable and extremely euphoric.

Has anyone had any experiences snorting DMT salt... I was thinking of trying some DMT tartrate?

Yeah i was going to say, some of you succeeded in making the hcl salt of DMT?? I have done it a couple times and it was a 'goo', expected though because shulgin wrote its hard to get a solid hcl salt of DMT.

I"ve experienced those audio effects, but only the speeding up of time. If i have music/radio/tv on i'll notice its going high speed - sometimes 3 times as fast as normal. Everyone talking is also all sped up, then whats wierd is I can keep up with it all though.

I've had this on oral dmt (with harmaline).

my first experience with 5-meo-dmt was insufflating it. i didnt find the burn or drip to be to bad and i found the trip to take a longer time to reach full intensity in comparrison to smoking it but it was still a lot of fun. i am hoping to snort then smoke dmt sometime soon, i think that will be an amazing experience.