• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Insufflation / Snorting

Bump to save this, should be more DMT snorting threads to merge in.

Hmmm, snorting 6 mgs of 5-meo-DMT freebase hurt pretttty badly, I can't imagine what snorting 15-20, let alone 30-50+ mgs of DMT freebase. Even if it was tolerable, the burn would surely interfere with the ensuing trip.

After snorting DPT Hcl, i've pretty much decided that my favorite way to administer pure tryptamine chemicals is the smoking method...with the exception being 4-xx-xxt, which seem to work juuuuust fine orally.

however, on that note, if I had some DMT Hcl, you bet I would try snorting it, just cuz.

I like the idea of snorting tryptamines for a slower onset and longer duration, however, having tryptamines in direct contact with your sinus cavity is not THAT awesome, lemme tell ya. In fact, it's downright nasty *glares at DPT*.

It's also easier to over do the dosages with insufflating. It's harder to gauge how much is too much when it takes 10-20 minute before you start feeling anything.

I still say smoking tryptamines is my preferred method.

I've insufflated DMT freebase on a couple of occasions when the smell of burning plastic in my house wouldn't be appropriate and it worked quite well. Basically like a 30 minute mushroom trip.

I'll probably keep my DMT for smoking in the future though and use 4-AcO-DMT for insufflating.

I hav esmorted dmt before but for some reason i thought i had to "cut it" so i added some numeg powder, i was a hell feeling in the nose

I'll fuckin bet it hurt, jesus!

didnt old tribes used to make snuffs,
where the hollowed out a thin stick and then the shaman blew a dmt paste up your nose?
its in tank girl too,
so im sure it works,
im actually considering trying 5meodmt snorted,
would that be recommended? dpt can be snorted.

^I believe that was using 5-MeO containing plants and not DMT. 5-MeO is very nice insufflated and I would recommend it. Liked it much more than smoking it.

Snorting freebase DMT left with two vicious alklali burns under each nostril. Absolute agony. Not much of a trip either. Orally with an maoi is by far the best method.

Snorting freebase DMT left with two vicious alklali burns under each nostril. Absolute agony. Not much of a trip either.
This was my exact experience. Got 40 or so mgs up the nose then wanted to slam my face against a wall for around 10-15 minutes. God damn caustic style burns are so different from the irritation caused from 2c-e or others, at least in my experience.

Snorting DMT

I know you guys can see I'm new to the forum but I hope you don't think I don't know what I'm talking about.

I've been using DMT for a while with various ROA and blowing it is by far the most profound way to do it. I figured I would start a new thread about it because it doesn't seem like people talk much about this method and would like to share some of my experiences and thoughts about it. I've blown DMT on 11 occasions dosing between 100-250mg in one line and broke through each time, experiencing complete ego death on 3 of my trips. I've taken pharmahauscha several times, combining DMT with harmaline and DMT with Syrian Rue. I've smoked it from the machine and from a bong more times than I can count and still each of my 11 trips blowing it are more meaningful than any others I've had from any other ROA. And by the way, I only use white to yellowish white dry DMT crystals. I wouldn't even fuck with anything brown or orange, let alone stick it up my nose.
I'm sure most of you guys are familiar with the experience from smoking it so I won't even go into that but I'll basically outline what snorting it in high doses (>150mg) is like without giving a full trip report because my reports are far too personal to share. I can almost guarantee that if anyone tries blowing a dose that high they will breakthrough as long as they get it all up their nose and aren't stuffed up. I suggest blowing high doses because lower doses feel like kinda of a waste as whatever you snort that doesn't stick to your nasal membrane will go to waste.

The thing that I find best about snorting it compared to smoking it is the onset. When you smoke it, it hits you instantly, and you are completely messed up and may even need one or two more hits to go where you want to go. And at that point it's no fun to frantically try to keep ripping the piece as you're completely losing it .
When you snort it takes the onset is very peaceful and you are able to take your entire desired dose at once. It takes roughly 2 minutes to even feel the effects as it gradually gets stronger to about 7 minutes when you are completely in it. The two minutes before it hits are very important. They give you the opportunity to find a perfectly comfortable position to lay in, close your eyes, and slowly feel yourself start to let go. When I see others try it for the first time after being used to smoking it they often think that I was wrong about it but then they soon realize. During this time, I am laying down to a nice song with my eyes closed taking deep breaths through my nose and slowly exhaling out through my mouth while only focusing my mind on my breath. I try move as little as possible during the trip as any movement will completely change your trip. Once the DMT has fully hit, there is absolutely no escaping your trip. Fractals of every color are flying through your plane of sight and flowing around you. You feel your ego slip further and further away as you are just stuck in the depth of your mind. It is a complete time warp, it doesn't feel long, it doesn't feel short. You lose your connection with your body and all you can feel is what is in your mind. It's as if every color I'm seeing represents an emotion I'm feeling and when the colors and fractals combine into new ones it's as if I'm feeling a completely new emotion. It is inexplicable. I have seen people I know during my trips and complete fantasy creatures while in them. When I go there now, I usually see these cloaked figures with animation surrounding them guiding me for my trip and putting on a show for me. I usually keep my eyes closed throughout the experience and sometimes when I open them I am still in the same world. Other times, when I open my eyes, the world in which I know I should recognize is completely unfamiliar. At these moments it is impossible to even grasp what the idea of a sneaker or a hand is despite knowing in the back of my mind that I should know what it is I'm seeing. It's confusing and paradoxical so I just try to keep my eyes closed as it is much more beautiful and easier to not think about what is going on. I am usually in this world from anywhere to 15 minutes to 45 minutes. I have seen people come out after 10 and others an hour and a half. Once you're kinda back it takes about another 30 minutes to when you are completely baseline. This is when it's good to start talking to whoever you're with and start to realize what everything is again. I usually take a shower during this time as the water feels amazing, and coming out of the shower feels like being reborn. I am completely fine afterwards and am usually in surprisingly good spirits for the rest of the day/night and the following day. While I am advocating this method, I would not suggest doing it too often or soon in between as it really will change the way you think about and perceive reality.

I'm only suggesting an experience like this to people who use DMT in the spiritual sense to try and get a better understanding of themselves and their perception. If you are using it to just get fucked up I would really advise against doing this as it is not that kind of fun. And if anyone would try this method I would suggest having a playlist with enough songs that you would want to listen to for an hour and to have someone around or near you but have them try and not talk. Try not to move too much and make sure you are in comfortable clothes and laying down. DO NOT do it on a full stomach or if you've had more than 4 drinks. If you do, you WILL vomit. And whatever you do, don't forget to breathe.

Has anyone else tried this ROA in higher doses? What were your trips like? I hope I have at least sparked some interest.

Never snorted any, but this is interesting.

I also like to shower after breakthroughs. Feels cleansing and makes you feel reborn.

Good read.
I may try one day. Thanks for the advice. I had heard snorting it works on the shroomery forum.

I always thought DMT couldn't be snorted because it's not water soluble; but seeing you mention doses of above 100 mg I guess that makes sense, when I smoke n,n-DMT I typically take 35 mg or so which is for me a breakthrough as long as I get all the smoke in me in at most two hits (I weigh not much at all and I'm sensitive to tryptamines, most people I know need a little bit more for a breakthrough); either way with the price of DMT in my area snorting it seems like a waste, because I could get so many trips out of such a dose, but if I ever find myself with a really large amount of cheap DMT I'll give it a try, the longer duration without needing MAOi seems worth it.

You sure you're talking about n,n-DMT?

^ freebase is not water soluble, the salt is though. freebase is better for smoking because of the lower temp to vaporize. salt is definitely active when insufflated but as you pointed out, the amount of material used is about double.

Yes 5-meo-DMT but that's a well known fact; n,n-DMT freebase can not be snorted, but appearantly the salt can according to this topic and serveral other sources. Still when snorting n,n-DMT the dosages mentioned are múch higher then the dosages for snorted 5-meo-DMT which appearantly has a much better bioavailability up the nose.

I snorted and plugged 5-meo-dmt and they are an excellent ROA.
n,n-DMT freebase can indeed not be snorted.
Why would the salt be active nasally?

Yes. N,N-Dimethyltryptamine HCL salt from Mimosa Hostilis Tenuiflora Root Bark.

Last edited:
The HCL is active when insufflated because it is water soluble. It basically dissolves on the the mucous in your nose and then is absorbed through the mucous membrane. Trust me it does work and is a fine method. And for those who really have the drive to explore the depths of this substance, doing less just because it will last your gear will last you longer really shouldn't be the reason why. Every trip I've had smoking it combined doesn't mean more to me than single one I've had blowing it, so therefore I've wasted a lot more by doing less if you get my logic.

Last edited:
There's already a main thread to discuss snorting DMT: here

Just giving you the heads up, I'll merge the two of them once you've had a chance to reply :D

I might try this ROA when I obtain some more DMT in the next couple of weeks, as I've heard great things about it.

I'm not so sure about agreeing with people saying that DMT freebase cannot be snorted though, as I accidentally snorted a few milligrams (Long story, but oh god, the burn!) and even with such a tiny amount I had visuals.