• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

john mason

Bluelighter
Well I've done several half-ass attempts to quit weed in the past... and none of them really worked for more than 10 days... I would like to go for a month without any, and I am starting it right now. I didn't smoke yesterday so that's a good start. So far I haven't smoked today either. Feeling pretty good so far..

Is anyone else in??

Well yea i probably won't be smoking until friday as i have no money or no hash.
That's unless i get offered a smoke, i will gladly accept.

Count me in.....for the week(heh)

Im in, I wanna quit until i go to venice beach this saturday%) (Dont want any tolerance when smoking at the beach)

5 more days to go.. 8(

Fuck that man... I just came back from 118 days sober....

I do feel your pain though. good luck, its a worthy cause trust me.

i have been thinking about stopping tonight. but the more i think about stopping... the more i want to smoke :\ maybe tommorow night?

eargoij it would take a lot of masturbation to get my mind off pot damnit :X

im not smokin until i walk out of two tribes....i said that yesterday and i smoked last night...plus its on saturday so i basically got nothin

Well I just got back from my first night of my rehab program. It's not bad at all... there's lots of other kids my age that are there for smoking weed. It's a good environment to quit, and to support others that are trying to do the same... kudos to everyone who is joining in, and good luck!

:) :)

I'm in as well..

I've been on probation for the last 11 months and have been smoking on and off to make sure I'm clean for all my drug tests..

This last stretch, I've been smoking since January 6th until last night. Today is my first full day of not smoking for the next month. It's always a rough 4-5 days to start out, but then it gets easier to go without.

Good luck everyone, I'll keep you all posted.

%)

Cool. Glad to hear some people are joining in with me. :)

One of the things I am noticing about not smoking is, when I play CS my hands are all jumpy and I'm on edge, naturally because I'm not smoking. Beleive it or not, it's actually making me worse at counter-strike. LoL.

:X

Rehab for weed?!

I had a little smoke tody, not very much, then it's wednesday, thursday then FRIDAY.

:D

yea..

Yeah rehab for bud... funny I know, my parents are bitches. Anyone know how long alcohol stays in the system for?

john mason said:
Cool. Glad to hear some people are joining in with me. :)

One of the things I am noticing about not smoking is, when I play CS my hands are all jumpy and I'm on edge, naturally because I'm not smoking. Beleive it or not, it's actually making me worse at counter-strike. LoL.

:X

same here

Day 2 for me. How's everyone doing?

I've felt extremely edgy and anxious the last two days for sure. Random anxiety right out of no where.. I hope this goes away in a few days. I also just don't feel "quite right". I'm sure you all know what I mean.

I also have the huge urge to get fucked up on something, although I have no other drugs or alcohol. I suppose it's just for the better than I remain sober through most of this.

I'm on the end of day 3. Even though I know I can't smoke or else I'll just stay in the program longer, this whole thing is getting to me. The aim of the program is for 100% sobriety (sober from EVERYTHING of course, not just weed) and that was not my personal goal. I mean what the fuck, I can't even drink socially?!?! (I'm not an alcoholic)

I know I could go through the whole 2-3 months of the program and not smoke. I'm pretty sure I have the willpower to do that, and as I've seen in my past experience once I get past like day 5 or 6, the urge kind of goes away... and occasional urges to smoke come and go but it's easily pushed aside.

But for them to say I can't use ANY drugs whatsoever, legal or illegal, I mean what the fuck. This isn't going to last.

This whole thing is just... I don't know. It's fucked up.

In the meantime, I'll just stay clean off weed, and drink on the weekends with my friends... sounds good to me.

I haven't smoked since last thursday (almost 5 days)...im going great!!! Haven't had ANY cravings whatsoeva today. Thats the longest I've had off in about 2 years. Im keeping myself unbelievably busy though...so no need for rehab ;)

But from now on, could we stop fucken using the word 'quitting'...no-one is actually quitting...we are just stopping for a while...unless of course you are quitting (which you are not). Sorry, but i hate when people claim to be 'quitting', but just mean 'stopping'.

I was going to create a similar thread...but its more of a darkside thing...so I think we should have a 'stopping weed' or 'cutting down' thread in CD that lasts forever. So that everytime someone stops smoking, they can post in it, instead of these threads appearing relatively often.

Right on diegoblunt, qutting is such a horrible word. When I think of quitting Marijuana it doesn't make sense, why would i want to quit the herb for good?

And for those who roll spliffs, I found some herbal cigarettes that don't contain nicotine. How cool is that? They're green and taste like no other cig, and it aint even tobacco (or so they say). The taste isn't good but nicotine is half my addiction.

"I do feel your pain though. good luck, its a worthy cause trust me."

- How is that? Im doing it for a girl, which I guess is worthy, but I personally dont see smoking as something bad at all. Worst of all, Ive already slowed down a bit, so cutting my tolerance isnt as big of an issue either.

"eargoij it would take a lot of masturbation to get my mind off pot damnit "

I think the only reason Im going to be able to do it is for the sex. Does that make me a bad person or what?

"I love weed. But I LOOOOVE PUSSY!"
- Dave Chappelle

Does anyone have any idea's on how to deal with the bullshitters at my rehab? Like diego said, I'm not planning on stopping for good, but at the same time I don't think I will go back to old routine once I DO come back to smoking... the thing is, I don't have my heart in the program like everyone else in it says.

Yesterday some guy said jokingly "Hey guys I'm having a kegger this weekend who wants to come" and everyone was like "Yeah right! Good one!" so you see what I mean... they all really want to quit all substances for good. I definitely don't.

It's kind of hard to present myself as being on their side... totally against the future use of drugs for the rest of my life. It's not like I can't bullshit, but I just think it's going to fuck up somehow. Has anyone else been through this?

fuck sobriety, i mean, good luck and all if thats what you want to do, but ill be one to say fuck that... i get waaaay too pissed waaaaay to easily when im not smoking 'regularly'... or at least getting trashed on weekends..... i almost punched my vice principal in the face yesterday cuz he told me to take my chain off, said it was too thick.... yea, i havent had anything in a little over a week and im going to fucking snap.... if gas wasnt so damn expensive id probably be smokin a j right now, so i guess what im telling myself is i need to destroy the gasoline economy and make the stuff dirt cheep so i can afford weed again... or maybe i should stop taking free drugs from random people, that speedy shit makes me a little too edgy for this already edgy and fucked up non-weed condition... holy fuck im rambling

Status
Not open for further replies.